GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2010, 21:46   #101
MiamiIS350
Member
 
MiamiIS350's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 39
PM'ed to see if maybe I can post something nice in this thread.
__________________
-American Nurses Association
-I own guns.
*****Want to buy Dan Wesson CCO**** 5/10/10
MiamiIS350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 04:35   #102
bac1023
Senior Member
 
bac1023's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: PA
Posts: 87,284
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiIS350 View Post
PM'ed to see if maybe I can post something nice in this thread.

I'll take a look.

I'm a few PMs behind.
bac1023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 15:07   #103
ijacek
Senior Member
 
ijacek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: FL
Posts: 773
Colt Rail Gun [acquired 03.2010] and Colt O1991 [acquired 04.2010]

1911 Forums

On the side note, I think we may have a class action lawsuit on our hands! I mean Bac's got to pay for this madness!
__________________
Moderation in pursuit of Justice, is no Virtue!
ijacek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 15:15   #104
Quack
Rent this space
 
Quack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: NE Ohio
Posts: 10,684
Nice!!!

The Class Action suit will fall through, they'll say he's helping stimulate the economy.
Quack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 15:24   #105
bac1023
Senior Member
 
bac1023's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: PA
Posts: 87,284
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quack View Post
Nice!!!

The Class Action suit will fall through, they'll say he's helping stimulate the economy.


bac1023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 19:59   #106
bac1023
Senior Member
 
bac1023's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: PA
Posts: 87,284
Quote:
Originally Posted by ijacek View Post
On the side note, I think we may have a class action lawsuit on our hands! I mean Bac's got to pay for this madness!
bac1023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 07:46   #107
Quack
Rent this space
 
Quack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: NE Ohio
Posts: 10,684
most recent family pic

1911 Forums
Quack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 15:33   #108
jrs93accord
Senior Member
 
jrs93accord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Pensacola, FL
Posts: 5,636
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quack View Post
most recent family pic

1911 Forums
NICE!
__________________
Pensacola, FL, NRA Member

A bad day shooting beats a great day working!
jrs93accord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 16:48   #109
Tactical black
Senior Member
 
Tactical black's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: North Dakota / Florida
Posts: 5,939
Blog Entries: 1
That's a nice family Quack
Tactical black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 17:19   #110
bac1023
Senior Member
 
bac1023's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: PA
Posts: 87,284
Beautiful
bac1023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 17:42   #111
Quack
Rent this space
 
Quack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: NE Ohio
Posts: 10,684
thanks, i'm almost 1/5 of the way to bacdom

Last edited by Quack; 05-15-2010 at 17:42..
Quack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 18:05   #112
bac1023
Senior Member
 
bac1023's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: PA
Posts: 87,284
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quack View Post
thanks, i'm almost 1/5 of the way to bacdom


All my 1911 forum buddies are catching up to me.

I'll be back in the 1911 game next month, but I've been very quiet lately as far as 1911 purchases.

In the last 14 months, I've bought a total of 2.

That will all change in June though. I've got a few nice ones up my sleeve and then the Morris Tactical Elite in July, hopefully.
bac1023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 23:42   #113
wjv
Senior Member
 
wjv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Pacific NW
Posts: 12,248
I propose a contest:

The first person who can name 8 regularly available (factory, semi-custom, custom) handguns that BAC DOESN'T OWN. . . Wins $100,000 in Casino Cash!

By "regularly available" I mean nothing that is ultra-rare, only 5 were made. . etc. .
__________________
Bill
Pacific NW


The urge to save humanity is almost always a false-face for the urge to rule it.
- H. L. Mencken -
wjv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 07:14   #114
Quack
Rent this space
 
Quack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: NE Ohio
Posts: 10,684
STI 2011
Desert Eagle 1911G
Rogers Precision custom
Springfield Loaded
DoubleStar 1911
Guncrafter's 1911
Para LDA
and anything that is in an Officer size
Quack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 09:44   #115
bac1023
Senior Member
 
bac1023's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: PA
Posts: 87,284
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quack View Post
STI 2011
Desert Eagle 1911G
Rogers Precision custom
Springfield Loaded
DoubleStar 1911
Guncrafter's 1911
Para LDA
and anything that is in an Officer size
Very cool.

Unfortunately, I won't buy a double stack and/or double action "1911", a small frame model, or any 1911 with a rail, so that does rule out quite a few for me and most of that list.

I will be getting a Desert Eagle, Guncrafter, and I may even eventually get a Loaded even though I'm not a big fan of them. I want a Pro first.

As far as a Rogers Precision is concerned, maybe one day, but if customs are going to be counted, you could list several dozen.
bac1023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 09:50   #116
Quack
Rent this space
 
Quack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: NE Ohio
Posts: 10,684
Quote:
Originally Posted by bac1023 View Post
Very cool.

Unfortunately, I won't buy a double stack and/or double action "1911", a small frame model, or any 1911 with a rail, so that does rule out quite a few for me and most of that list.

I will be getting a Desert Eagle, Guncrafter, and I may even eventually get a Loaded even though I'm not a big fan of them. I want a Pro first.

As far as a Rogers Precision is concerned, maybe one day, but if customs are going to be counted, you could list several dozen.
damn, i knew i forgot something
Quack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 10:02   #117
bac1023
Senior Member
 
bac1023's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: PA
Posts: 87,284
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quack View Post
damn, i knew i forgot something

Hey, if Doublestar would actully build one without a rail, I'd have it. I'm sure they're losing a good deal of potential sales.
bac1023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 10:55   #118
Cerebrus
Airborne! 12B
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: In the Rogue Valley
Posts: 1,031
I may even eventually get a Loaded even though I'm not a big fan of them. I want a Pro first.

What don't you like about the Loaded? I think that it is a decent entry level 1911.. Then again I am no 1911 connoisseur
Cerebrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 10:57   #119
bac1023
Senior Member
 
bac1023's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: PA
Posts: 87,284
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerebrus View Post

What don't you like about the Loaded? I think that it is a decent entry level 1911.. Then again I am no 1911 connoisseur

It is decent. Its just not as good as its competition from Kimber and S&W in my opinion.
bac1023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 11:12   #120
Cerebrus
Airborne! 12B
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: In the Rogue Valley
Posts: 1,031
Gotcha..Main reason I got mine was, (a) it was in the case at my lgs (b) I got a good price on it for living in the PRK (c) the owner of my lgs wont carry Kimber anymore (he says its due to their CS dept.) That being said my Kimber Ultra is my edc.. I have not had a single issue with it.. so I have yet to experience their CS.
Cerebrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 11:30   #121
bac1023
Senior Member
 
bac1023's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: PA
Posts: 87,284
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerebrus View Post
Gotcha..Main reason I got mine was, (a) it was in the case at my lgs (b) I got a good price on it for living in the PRK (c) the owner of my lgs wont carry Kimber anymore (he says its due to their CS dept.) That being said my Kimber Ultra is my edc.. I have not had a single issue with it.. so I have yet to experience their CS.
Springfield does have better CS than Kimber, generally speaking.

I love my Springfield 1911s. I just feel Kimber has the edge in enhanced 1911s below $1000.
bac1023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 22:06   #122
MiamiIS350
Member
 
MiamiIS350's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 39
I finally get to join this thread. My first 1911 purchase.

1911 Forums

1911 Forums

Thanks again for the advice.
__________________
-American Nurses Association
-I own guns.
*****Want to buy Dan Wesson CCO**** 5/10/10
MiamiIS350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 04:21   #123
bac1023
Senior Member
 
bac1023's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: PA
Posts: 87,284
Congrats on the Valor!
bac1023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 07:51   #124
BFN
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 270
I also changed my carpet so I could take pics like bac, but I have a ways to go to catch up on the 1911's!

Colt Comabat Elite

1911 Forums
BFN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 10:38   #125
ijacek
Senior Member
 
ijacek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: FL
Posts: 773
Quote:
Originally Posted by BFN View Post
I also changed my carpet so I could take pics like bac, but I have a ways to go to catch up on the 1911's!

Colt Comabat Elite

1911 Forums
That's a beautiful COLT
__________________
Moderation in pursuit of Justice, is no Virtue!
ijacek is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:54.



Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 678
195 Members
483 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,244
Nov 11, 2013 at 11:42