Old 12-11-2014, 07:30   #1
sub-moa

'74 bhp

Let's freshen up this sub-forum

The Browning Hi Power Club
sub-moa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 14:30   #2
MinervaDoe

It's a beauty. I wish I had more than one HP.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
MinervaDoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 16:05   #3
sub-moa

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinervaDoe View Post
It's a beauty. I wish I had more than one HP.
Just consider it your first

Oh, and it is a sickness

'77 BHP

Old 12-11-2014, 16:26   #4
MinervaDoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by sub-moa View Post
Just consider it your first

Oh, and it is a sickness

'77 BHP
I'm an admitted Glock - a - holic.

What do you call High Power "enthusiasts" / collectors?

Here's my long slide collection in its entirety (Glock 34 and Hi Power GP competition).. The Hi Power is my PPC backup gun to the Glock.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Last edited by MinervaDoe; 12-11-2014 at 16:31..
Old 12-11-2014, 19:12   #5
sub-moa

Quote:
I'm an admitted Glock - a - holic.

What do you call High Power "enthusiasts" / collectors?

Here's my long slide collection in its entirety (Glock 34 and Hi Power GP competition).. The Hi Power is my PPC backup gun to the Glock.
Unlike some classic pistol "enthusiasts", I actually like Glocks...a lot . Bought a G17 in late '85, currently own 19 of 'em and have used the G17/G19...as an evil USG Contractor since '01.

Bought my first BHP back in '73 and have been gradually accumulating 'em ever since. I have...uhmmm, more BHPs than sanity would sanction...we'll leave it there . Like all my weapon afflictions, the BHP thing all started with duty/BUG/SWAT/Plainclothes/off-duty/competition carry, evolved into serious accumulating and finally grew to include safe queens and historical pieces...as in collecting .

Though I LEOSA EDC a G32 around home and a lower profile Kahr P45 for CONUS work travel, when I pull the pin again...for good, I can't imagine not switching back to one of my BHPs again.....

'81 GP Competition (Don't have any pics of the Glocks)

Last edited by sub-moa; 12-11-2014 at 19:13..
Old 12-11-2014, 21:08   #6
MinervaDoe

Quote:
'81 GP Competition (Don't have any pics of the Glocks)

Okay, I have never met anyone else who owns one of these. Is yours fussy about ammo? Mine is. It likes ammo on the hot side of the equation. A fellow GP'er. Wow!!

Yup, I like whatever shoots straight and doesn't jam much.

Old 12-11-2014, 22:11   #7
DWARREN123
Grumpy Old Guy

Pretty pistols, for sure!
Old 12-12-2014, 00:32   #8
sub-moa

Quote:
Okay, I have never met anyone else who owns one of these. Is yours fussy about ammo? Mine is. It likes ammo on the hot side of the equation. A fellow GP'er. Wow!!

Yup, I like whatever shoots straight and doesn't jam much.
While we're not alone, there really aren't many of us . I'm happy to say mine is not fussy at all, sorry to hear yours is . It does remind me I'm no longer as "on your hind legs", on demand, 25M, iron sight accurate as I once was .

On the Glock "Longslide": I've got a G34 like yours...use it the most as it carries similarly to a 1911 yet shoots like a match gun, a G35...with spare a 357Sig barrel...what a hoot , a G17L and G24 for the heck of it, with a new G41 planned for Christmas...

Thanks 101...

Last edited by sub-moa; 12-12-2014 at 00:34..
Old 12-12-2014, 11:22   #9
MinervaDoe

Quote:
I've got a G34 like yours...use it the most as it carries similarly to a 1911 yet shoots like a match gun, a G35...with spare a 357Sig barrel...what a hoot , a G17L and G24 for the heck of it, ..
My first Glock was a G21. With pracitice, I found I preferred the Glock trigger over the Hi Power trigger, and the G34 was a natural choice for another 9mm.

Do you know much about the Browning HP trigger? I'm mostly curious, but I've heard that the GP competition had some work done on the trigger. Meanwhile, I was advised that there were only a couple of guys in the country that were good with HP trigger jobs.
Again, just curious.

Old 12-12-2014, 18:51   #10
sub-moa

Quote:
My first Glock was a G21. With pracitice, I found I preferred the Glock trigger over the Hi Power trigger, and the G34 was a natural choice for another 9mm.

Do you know much about the Browning HP trigger? I'm mostly curious, but I've heard that the GP competition had some work done on the trigger. Meanwhile, I was advised that there were only a couple of guys in the country that were good with HP trigger jobs.
Again, just curious.
GP Competitions are allegedly put together with more care and are assembled in Belgium, not Portugal...not that there is anything wrong with the Portugal assembled BHPs but that's a subject for later discussion . More important than that, the MDS (Magazine Disconnect Safety) of the GP does not work off the trigger/magazine as do all other BHPs. AND, the GP uses a different Sear Lever with a different pivot point giving better leverage which consequently produces a better trigger. Have a look at the roll pin hole through the slide at the slide serrations and you'll see it is at a different location on the GP...further to the rear, than any other BHP...pretty much centered.

There are actually several excellent BHP wrenches from Cylinder and Slide to Don Williams...

Hope that helps