Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-10-2009, 03:53   #1
drhiredgun

A tin can of AFP Ammo

This thread was suggested by Bro Beulah. I happened to stumble upon a post of a can of 5.56 mm government BMP ammo being sold. Personally, being in the service, i feel this disgusting. I quoted in another thread, that hopefully none of these ammos will find their way back to my fellow men in uniform, or to anyone for that matter, in a lethal way. It's not the actual merchandise that resent me, it is the implication of why it is being done. I cannot deny the fact that soldiers are not adequately paid for their risk. I was a military doctor in Mindanao for 3 colorful years. An admitted soldier in Camp Asturias Jolo Station Hospital has a budget of 30 pesos for the 3 meals in 1 day. Even worse, when i was the officer in charge in the hospital because it was 10 pesos a day (circa 2004). So we resorted to growing vegetables beside the hospital to supplement. Once, I was attending to a soldier who had a gunshot wound in the thigh and was about to rip his trouser with a scissors to expose the wound when he told me, "Sir, pwede bang huwag mo na gupitin yan kasi nag-iisa na lang yang pantalon ko" Call me what you want but i cried. Despite these bitter things which most of the people dont know and wouldnt give a damn about these things, still, Im proud to have served in the company of heroes.
Band of Glockers

...my regards to my brothers in Southern Command (now Western Mindanao Command) specially to the men and women of Camp Navarro General Hospital.

Last edited by drhiredgun; 10-10-2009 at 03:57..
drhiredgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 05:08   #2
PMMA97
MNSAmessdetail

Where was this item posted for sale? Did you report this to the site owner or proper authorities? Is it illegal to sell this kind of items?

I am not trying to offend any sensibilities.

I have known heroes from SouthCom who have their sad stories too.
PMMA97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 05:13   #3
jimbullet

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMMA97 View Post
Where was this item posted for sale? Did you report this to the site owner or proper authorities? Is it illegal to sell this kind of items?

I am not trying to offend any sensibilities.

I have known heroes from SouthCom who have their sad stories too.
I believe that this was here in one of the buy and sell threads recently.
BOG#125
PNZ#15130
PAASS Badge#3104
jimbullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 05:19   #4
PMMA97
MNSAmessdetail

Thanks for the heads up jimbullet. Without any link or info I just had to ask.

This is truly frustrating.
Old 10-10-2009, 05:20   #5
Beulah

Thank you Sir drhiredgun.

You made us aware of what's happening to the real world of our military. I was moved with compassion from your testimony. I have 3 brother in laws who serve the country. What you testified clarifies their real life.

We salute the real heroes of our land. May God Bless their sacrifices for our freedom that they have been fighting for.
Beulah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 06:59   #6
kontra

drhiredgun,

i admire your compassion with our serviceman. we need a lot more officers like you in the service. if only the higher officers will have the same sentiments as you. but it is obvious that they do not. living the lifestyles of the rich and famous using money that is supposed to be given to our military. i still recall the footage of our soldiers fighting the MILF in mindanao during Erap's regime. no helmets, no proper footwear, no canteens (they had to carry those "datu puti" plastic bottles for their water, etc.

i respect and salute all of you who are in the service protecting our rights and making our country safe. God bless all of you and stay safe.
kontra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 07:49   #7
G19c,PH

Band of Glockers

Just wanted to share this ammo was offered to us during the "ber" months the runner said that this is the available ammo he said that boss or official gave the go signal to sell several cans to be used "for the boys" funding the christmas party or something like that.
Old 10-10-2009, 10:19   #8
mtho

as ordinary citizens without influence on whats going on in the military, should we just buy these ammo to make sure it doesn't end up in the wrong hands? i was thinking if we pass on it they might get offered to the enemy and end up inside our troops. which is the better of the 2 evils?
mtho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 10:40   #9
jojo_G19

Send a message via Yahoo to jojo_G19
i'd say, just buy it..

atleast we can be sure that the bullets will just end up in a backstop of just another shooting range and not in a body of another dead soldier.

id go for the lesser evil.

jojo
Old 10-10-2009, 11:29   #10
Allegra

Spreading the word about the plight of our soldiers in mindanao would help
if we people dont know about this things hindi yan magbabago
" When I'm eating,that's all I think about / If I'm on the march, I just concentrate on marching / If I have to fight,it will be just as good a day to die as any other / If you can concentrate always on the present,you'll be a happy man "
- the Camel Driver
Allegra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 12:06   #11
goodtj
Shotgun lover

if we buy these ammo aren't we corrupting the system more?
Old 10-10-2009, 15:13   #12
PMMA97
MNSAmessdetail

If there is a demand there will be misguided elements that will supply.
Old 10-10-2009, 17:04   #13
jojo_G19

Send a message via Yahoo to jojo_G19
if we dont buy those, others will, and we dont know their use of that ammo.

jojo
Old 10-10-2009, 18:59   #14
MAJINKONG

it is being sold here because the seller have a good faith to his fellow BOGs. He believes that BOGs are law abiding citizens... We are so strict sa mga maliliit na bagay, pero yun malalakihan ay ok lang. There is no saint amongst us here, because on way or the other, we look up to the buy and sell section of this BOG and benefiting from it.
MAJINKONG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 19:13   #15
MAJINKONG

BTW, for ten years i've seen the sad flight of our soldiers.. These soldiers are courageous, and what they know and have is a taboo for a civi.. But Im proud when a soldier shares w/ me his tin can of ammo, even if he just teaches me how to shoot a piece of paper..
MAJINKONG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 19:28   #16
isuzu

The post of Dhiredgun is the reality that the Filipino soldier faces on a day-to-day basis.

I remember that during the late '80's, soldiers in Negros were wearing rubber shoes instead of the issued combat boots. They told us that the sole gets left in the ground especially when it encounters sticky mud because the liner on those combat boots were made of cardboard.

I've eaten military-issued sardines and corned beef with those men and women. The can was filled with what tasted like tomato sauce and three pieces of sardines. The corned beef needed to be sauteed in a lot of onions just to make it palatable.

I've seen uniforms that were repaired time and time again, because they were reserving their better pair for parades. I had to stop once on the highway to give our excess food we brought after we harvested our prawns to soldiers whose vehicle broke down. They were waiting for more than five hours for a rescue vehicle with just a little water and no food. I was floored by how much they appreciated the help.

That is why a lot of affluent families in Negros silently pay for the hospital bills of those soldiers and their families while they are assigned there. They know and understand what those gallant men and women are going through.

I feel that the "officer" who authorized the sale of the ammo acted in bad faith. He probably didn't think of the long term complications of those rogue ammo. We just don't know how many soldiers were killed by government ammo that went to the wrong side.

Samozaryadniy Karabin sistemi Simonova

Last edited by isuzu; 10-10-2009 at 19:36..
isuzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 21:58   #17
BrassKnuckle

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo_G19 View Post
if we dont buy those, others will, and we dont know their use of that ammo.

jojo
If you buy the ammo it will encourage them to sell more, and some of that will eventually end up in the wrong hands.

Let's not think that only our men in uniform are at risk. Criminals also use M16's and they most likely load them with ammo from AFP/PNP stocks. We are all at risk from such practices.

The solution really is for the DND to sell arsenal ammo through licensed dealers so qualified civilians can purchase them legally. It's the supply and demand situation that is pushing prices of hpr ammo up, and it's the high prices that tempt servicemen to convert their stocks to cash.
Old 10-11-2009, 01:55   #18
jimbullet

Even if the ammo is not as pricey, I still think the ordinary serviceman will still sell this to covert to cash to satisfy hunger.. Imagine 30 pesos....
BOG#125
PNZ#15130
PAASS Badge#3104
jimbullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 03:51   #19
edtf

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtho View Post
as ordinary citizens without influence on whats going on in the military, should we just buy these ammo to make sure it doesn't end up in the wrong hands? i was thinking if we pass on it they might get offered to the enemy and end up inside our troops. which is the better of the 2 evils?
I have to agree - if we don't get it someone will - so buy up all the ammo you can get.

Hmmm... Sir Brass Knuckle has a point but again we (buyers of gov ammo) are all in the same pond. There is a demand and supply is short. So good and bad elements would find ways to get their supply of ammo

Last edited by edtf; 10-11-2009 at 03:57..
edtf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 04:03   #20
liveandletlive

Our institution buys medicines at twice the price. Proceeds go "for the boys". Suppliers deliver 50% less medicines than what should have been delivered had the price not been so jacked up. Those medicines are meant for the most needy of our society. I would have cried but instead

I'd stand by anyone who can offer me a real plan of action to effectively "cure" the system. Sacrifice will be interpreted as part of the decision...

Standing by...
liveandletlive is offline   Reply With Quote