SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-07-2007, 15:45   #1
glock45acp21

Send a message via AIM to glock45acp21 Send a message via Yahoo to glock45acp21
Goodyear

I am going to school at UTI and I went to the Goodyear tire store at Litchfield and Western yesterday to apply for a job and I noticed a big "no weapons" sign on the front door.

I e-mailed Goodyear and I actually got a response. Here it is:

Sent by: Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company Consumer Relations 728 1144 East Market Street Akron, OH 44316 Voice #: 800.321.2136 Fax #:

Hi,

Thank you for contacting our website. In an effort to ensure the safety and security of our associates and customers, we have a clear company policy regarding weapons in the workplace. The Goodyear Tire and Rubber Co. prohibits all persons who enter Company property from carrying a handgun, firearm, or prohibited weapon of any kind onto the property regardless of whether the person is licensed to carry the weapon or not. Exceptions apply to on-duty law enforcement personnel. This policy applies to all Company employees, visitors, customers, and contractors on Company property -- including our Company-owned stores. All Company properties have received a decal or sign referencing this policy, and have been instructed to post it.

Sincerely,

Kathryn

Just thought I would let all of you know about this.
glock45acp21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 00:53   #2
cactusman
Ammo Squirrel

Well I guess I will drop management a note and let them know exactly why I won't be buying their tires! -- And I'm planning on getting four new high-performance (read expensive) tires for my Corvette in a few months. One sale to them won't matter, but if we all take our business elsewhere, and let them know about it and why, it just might.

No Guns = No Money

Dear Goodyear Tires,

I am in the market for a new set of tires for my Corvette, and my wife will soon be looking for some for her Cavalier. I was surprised to see a sign banning CCW (the lawful Concealed Carry of a self-defense firearm) at one of your stores. I didn't realize that your clientele was so violent compared to the clientele of other tire shops. The other shops I have been looking at purchasing from do not see any need to ban CCW. I guess they attract a more responsible class of customers...

Thank you for posting such a prominent warning at your door! Since you would know better than I how untrustworthy your customer base is, I will take your opinion very seriously. For the safety and well being of my family, we will no longer patronize your business and will patronize XXXXXX instead.

If you can decrease the number of irresponsible customers enough that you can (in good conscience) bring down the sign, we will be happy to patronize your business again. Until then, I will be sure to warn all of my friends, relatives, and neighbors that you perceive your clientele as irresponsible and violent.

Thank you again for putting our safety first!

Signed,
XXXXXX

Last edited by cactusman; 02-08-2007 at 01:03..
cactusman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 15:16   #3
glock45acp21

Sent
-----

Dear Goodyear;

I noticed a sign outside one of your stores in Arizona that banned weapons with safety and security as the reason. Iím glad that you have safety and security in mind. The problem is that the fact of the matter is that people with concealed carry licenses have training and have undergone lengthy background checks in order to have a concealed weapons permits. Most people that own any type of weapons, especially gun owners, spend a lot of money each year for training and the responsible use and carry of weapons. If you will do research of the facts you will find that of the people that have concealed weapons permits, or even those who donít, very few of them have there permits revoked or even do anything near unethical or violent. While you think that you are doing your employees and customers a service, you are doing them a disservice. Criminals do not obey laws, which are why they are criminals, they have violated the law. If they will not obey laws, why do you think they will obey your policy? I carry a firearm for the same reason you ban them in your stores, for the safety and security of my family. I take my responsibility as a man and a husband very seriously; it is MY responsibility to protect my family and myself.

Due to your irresponsible policy I will not every buy a Goodyear Tires and Rubber product every again. I will not endanger my life or any other life for a set of tires. I have heard a lot of good things about your tires, but a great tire without good people and policies is nothing. I have spread the word about your signs and your irresponsible policy regarding weapons. Thank you for creating and unsafe zone for regular people and a safe zone for criminals.

Just to let you know, that my cousin cannot enter your stores, even though she doesnít carry a weapon. As a black belt in multiple disciplines of martial arts, she is considered a deadly weapon and registered as such in two states. Being as such she also is banned from entering your stores.

Thank you,

I sent this a few minutes ago.

I have a direct e-mail to a person, if you want this e-mail PM or e-mail me with "Goodyear E-mail" in the subject.
Old 02-21-2007, 16:56   #4
glock45acp21

I have written a short e-mail to them with the no guns no money pictures in them.

I have decided to respect you wishes to not have any weapons in your stores. Therefore I and many others have decided to not work at or be customers of Goodyear Tire and Rubber products.

Sincerely,

Your name
Old 10-17-2009, 23:53   #5
glock45acp21

I was looking around in the old files and wanted to bump this thread. I haven't check as of recent if Goodyear has changed their policy towards weapons.