Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-16-2009, 07:49   #1
edtf

another daring holdup

This one is a bit near home. There was a shooting incident at shell Morato (Morato cor E. Rod) I usually gas up at this place. I even met up with 9mx at this station to get the punch set. The story a van pulls up to load fuel and was about to leave when two guys walk up to the car and peppers the van with pistols. Driver moves vehicle forward but assailants continue shooting van crashes to the wall and the two assailants continue shooting. Grabs something from the van casually walks away and rides a motorcycle. Driver dead, passengers were rushed to the hospital.

Best part - cops caught them at Betty Go Belmonte Road a few kilometers from the crime scene.

The story behind it: It was actually a holdup and assailants just shot at the driver and passengers without warning. The amount: a measly 100k. The owner of the car came from Metrobank Morato to withdraw. Assailants are residents of kamuning. - Brazen act of violence.

Next thing - do you guys think they are licensed owners of firearms? Will clamping down on legal owners stop this kinds of crime????? Will the PNP protect us from crimes like this????

And my wife was about to load fuel if she was 5-10 minutes earlier then she might have been in the middle of the incident
edtf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 09:19   #2
DragonEye
Spits230grFMJs

I heard about this over the radio. The victims were supposedly father and son; the son died at the hospital. The cops nabbed two guys, one with a licensed 9mm pistol. The way facts are bungled in news reports these days, I'm not ready to believe anything yet.
DragonEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 17:19   #3
Young Once

Yap, heard that too -- that the pistol they used was a licensed 9mm pistol
Young Once is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 18:26   #4
Vault Keeper

Grabe talaga if there is an upcoming national elections....

If indeed the gun is licensed, sana nakaw lang...and if it's so, hope the true owner was able to report it para walang sabit.

Stay safe guys...

BoGs #828
M1911.org #183
Vault Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 19:38   #5
PMMA97
MNSAmessdetail

I saw the surveillance video of the Shell station in the news. It was more of an ambush. Kill and grab kumbaga. Tsk. As for the licensed 9mm, let us remember that most of the illegal firearms was at one time legal.
PMMA97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 21:09   #6
Black_SIR

whoa!! i saw ths 2 nakaktakot talaga
Black_SIR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 21:40   #7
edtf

Totally Merciless!! No chance of giving up the cash in exchange for their lives. If it was truly licensed and perpetrator was the owner then good!! charge him!!! I'm not saying all legal firearms owners are saints. There are bad eggs too and they should be thrown in jail too.
Old 10-16-2009, 22:55   #8
brawnless

Here is a slightly different version. UNLICENSED pistol. Hope this is the correct one.

Back on topic, it is a daring hold up and have been done a lot of times in the past. It's good to hear that they were stopped in a dragnet operation.

http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/inquire...awal-from-bank

Client killed after making withdrawal from bank

By Nancy C. Carvajal
Philippine Daily Inquirer
First Posted 21:48:00 10/16/2009

Filed Under: Police, Robbery and theft, Crime

Manila, Philippines--A bank client was killed while his father was seriously injured after they were waylaid by robbers riding in tandem on board a motorcycle Friday afternoon.

The pair were in their car and had stopped for a refill at a gasoline station where they were ambushed as soon as they stepped out of a bank along Tomas Morato Avenue in Quezon City.

Supt.Edgardo Pamittan, commander of Quezon City Police District-Station 11 identified the fatality as Rolly Humangit, 38.
His father, Romeo, 64, was later brought to a hospital where he is being treated for gunshot wounds.

Pamittan said the Humangits had just withdrawn around P130,000 from a Metrobank branch and decided to pass by a Shell station at the corner of E. Rodriguez Avenue for gasoline.

One of the suspects suddenly appeared and immediately fired at the victims.

The robbers then grabbed the money the victims were carrying.

The police official told reporters that the suspects, whom he identified as Pedro de Leon and Ricky Cervantes, were arrested along Betty Go-Belmonte Street at the corner of Aurora Boulevard onboard their motorcycle, a few blocks away from the crime scene.

He added that the suspects were flagged down during a police dragnet implemented immediately after the attack.

The suspects were positively identified by the older Humangit and other witnesses gathered at the gasoline station where the attack took place, according to the police official.

De Leon was carrying an unlicensed 9-mm pistol when he was frisked by police, he added.

The money withdrawn from a teller at the bank, however, was not recovered.

Pamittan said the P130,000 could have been passed on to other members of the robbery group before the two suspects were apprehended.

The police official added that during questioning, the suspects denied involvement in the incident, despite the fact that they were positively identified by the victim as well as other witnesses.
brawnless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 00:07   #9
saki1611
BOG's #1611

Quote:
Originally Posted by edtf View Post
This one is a bit near home. There was a shooting incident at shell Morato (Morato cor E. Rod) I usually gas up at this place. I even met up with 9mx at this station to get the punch set. The story a van pulls up to load fuel and was about to leave when two guys walk up to the car and peppers the van with pistols. Driver moves vehicle forward but assailants continue shooting van crashes to the wall and the two assailants continue shooting. Grabs something from the van casually walks away and rides a motorcycle. Driver dead, passengers were rushed to the hospital.

Best part - cops caught them at Betty Go Belmonte Road a few kilometers from the crime scene.

The story behind it: It was actually a holdup and assailants just shot at the driver and passengers without warning. The amount: a measly 100k. The owner of the car came from Metrobank Morato to withdraw. Assailants are residents of kamuning. - Brazen act of violence.

Next thing - do you guys think they are licensed owners of firearms? Will clamping down on legal owners stop this kinds of crime????? Will the PNP protect us from crimes like this????

And my wife was about to load fuel if she was 5-10 minutes earlier then she might have been in the middle of the incident
how come it's the police fault again? can we at least try to broaden our minds and don't focus on non-basis ideas to the unrelated cause of the crime? according to report it's a payroll money, there's a possibility of leakage and that probably was an inside job and how the hell can the police knew about this. the two victims have no personal firearms, even i think they can afford to own a couple of guns, i think they chose not to and it's not the fault of the police if they don't own any, there's no restriction to this. second is, that's why we have security agencies that can be hired to protect the businesses and they did not avail this. i am not saying it's the victims fault but it's not the fault of the police either. yes the police is here to protect and to serve, but safety is everybody's concern. i am a progun, but protecting ourselves can not only be relied on firearms. can you at least appreciate the program of the PNP of this amnesty, it's a way of controlling the loose FA. it's good that people are responding to it. well of course only the goons would not avail on this program, still it's not the police fault. though we want to thoroughly implement "Operation Bakal", our hands our tied because of citizen's right. many of us here in the forum even warn us about the police check-points and its limitations. have we ever thought that even the bad guys possessing loose firearms are protected by this right? is it then the the police fault? i strongly disagree! i am a cop and proud to be one and it runs in my veins, it's a sad thing that not all policemen are reliable and trustworthy, but still many of us can walk straight with our heads up.

Last edited by saki1611; 10-17-2009 at 00:10..
saki1611 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 00:21   #10
horge
Lifetime Membership
-=-=-=-=-

Teka muna...

Arguing that the police must 100% protect us 24/7 is PRECISELY what gun-grabbers
want to hear. What those types claim is that with the police already armed, there's
no need for ordinary citizens to have guns.

We are armed because we are taking responsibility for our own safety (and the safety
of those around us). We are armed because it is physically impossible for the police to
be everywhere, 24/7. They do a ton of thankless hard work to serve and protect us,
but we have to do our own share, for ourselves.

h.
-BoG Hog #12
-Model 1911 Club member #111
horge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 00:26   #11
Black_SIR

pinutukan agad ng BG????
Black_SIR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 00:37   #12
Wp.22

Send a message via Yahoo to Wp.22
is there a link to the video taken from the camera of the gas station? in the early late 80's to early 90's twice our messenger was a victim of holdup. Before there was no ATM yet so we asked our messenger to withdraw money from the bank with the libreta pa the BG even took the bicycle of our messenger.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Wp.22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 01:34   #13
jimbullet

It appears that the comment might have been on the context that goverment shouldnt be perceived as clamping down on legal gun ownership/ priviledges to carry since it is physically impossible for the police to protect each and every citizen from such a crime. Arming the responsible civilians in my opinion shouldnt really be a priviledge but as a right - right to self preservation by any means available.

What happened was a tragic waste of life. If indeed one of them is a licensed civilian gun owner, by all means prosecute that heartless goon to the fullest.

I would actually commend the PNP for capturing the BG's. There appears to be improvement as these sorts in the past usually have the BG's simply getting away.
BOG#125
PNZ#15130
PAASS Badge#3104
jimbullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 02:54   #14
edtf

Quote:
Originally Posted by saki1611 View Post
how come it's the police fault again? can we at least try to broaden our minds and don't focus on non-basis ideas to the unrelated cause of the crime? according to report it's a payroll money, there's a possibility of leakage and that probably was an inside job and how the hell can the police knew about this. the two victims have no personal firearms, even i think they can afford to own a couple of guns, i think they chose not to and it's not the fault of the police if they don't own any, there's no restriction to this. second is, that's why we have security agencies that can be hired to protect the businesses and they did not avail this. i am not saying it's the victims fault but it's not the fault of the police either. yes the police is here to protect and to serve, but safety is everybody's concern. i am a progun, but protecting ourselves can not only be relied on firearms. can you at least appreciate the program of the PNP of this amnesty, it's a way of controlling the loose FA. it's good that people are responding to it. well of course only the goons would not avail on this program, still it's not the police fault. though we want to thoroughly implement "Operation Bakal", our hands our tied because of citizen's right. many of us here in the forum even warn us about the police check-points and its limitations. have we ever thought that even the bad guys possessing loose firearms are protected by this right? is it then the the police fault? i strongly disagree! i am a cop and proud to be one and it runs in my veins, it's a sad thing that not all policemen are reliable and trustworthy, but still many of us can walk straight with our heads up.
Why is it the police fault? - it is the organization's fault. The concept that it being portrayed is no need to arm yourselves we can take care of the peace and order. This is the problem that the politikos, higher ups and gun grabbers are ramming down our throats. Yes there are pro gun policemen like you and your brother but there are also lots of officers who think they should be the only ones armed. It is good that the QCPD is highly highly visible in the area in fact there is always a mobile unit in that station - guess what exacto change of shift when it happened but never the less medyo tanga lang din the thugs because that place is crawling with cops - from e. rod to morato to cubao and finally someone got caught. Do you know that the messenger of Shell e. rod naman a few kilometers away got held up too a few years ago. Same thing two guys approached their messenger and simply shot him repeatedly and got his bag and shot him gain after.

Lets face it the police wherever in this world is a reactionary force - they can't protect us 100% 24/7 unless we all are all furnished bodyguards.

Now about owning firearms - we don't know why they don't have any firearms - is it because of the hassles of getting one and the unreliability that maybe by tom the gov. will just cancel the PTCs?!? that has happend and not only once. I got so frustrated and said to hell with it. I just want to protect myself and the government is stopping me from doing this.
OR maybe they believed in the gunless society that only policemen should be the only ones armed to protect society. About getting a security agency??? how much is it to get a personal bodyguard??? They were in the car - they can't use the plain underpaid blue guard right because he can't carry his firearm wherever they go because again there are limits to this.

Damn if you do Damn if you don't
Old 10-17-2009, 02:55   #15
edtf

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbullet View Post
It appears that the comment might have been on the context that goverment shouldnt be perceived as clamping down on legal gun ownership/ priviledges to carry since it is physically impossible for the police to protect each and every citizen from such a crime. Arming the responsible civilians in my opinion shouldnt really be a priviledge but as a right - right to self preservation by any means available.

What happened was a tragic waste of life. If indeed one of them is a licensed civilian gun owner, by all means prosecute that heartless goon to the fullest.

I would actually commend the PNP for capturing the BG's. There appears to be improvement as these sorts in the past usually have the BG's simply getting away.
That is the idea I was espousing
Old 10-17-2009, 04:21   #16
atmarcella

i saw this on the news. there was even video of it. the victims were at fault also. yung payroll na wini-widthraw hindi na ginagawa yan nowadays specifically bcos of what happened to them.
Old 10-17-2009, 04:54   #17
saki1611
BOG's #1611

Re: another daring holdup

Quote:
Originally Posted by edtf
Quote:
Why is it the police fault? - it is the organization's fault. The concept that it being portrayed is no need to arm yourselves we can take care of the peace and order. This is the problem that the politikos, higher ups and gun grabbers are ramming down our throats. Yes there are pro gun policemen like you and your brother but there are also lots of officers who think they should be the only ones armed. It is good that the QCPD is highly highly visible in the area in fact there is always a mobile unit in that station - guess what exacto change of shift when it happened but never the less medyo tanga lang din the thugs because that place is crawling with cops - from e. rod to morato to cubao and finally someone got caught. Do you know that the messenger of Shell e. rod naman a few kilometers away got held up too a few years ago. Same thing two guys approached their messenger and simply shot him repeatedly and got his bag and shot him gain after.

Lets face it the police wherever in this world is a reactionary force - they can't protect us 100% 24/7 unless we all are all furnished bodyguards.

Now about owning firearms - we don't know why they don't have any firearms - is it because of the hassles of getting one and the unreliability that maybe by tom the gov. will just cancel the PTCs?!? that has happend and not only once. I got so frustrated and said to hell with it. I just want to protect myself and the government is stopping me from doing this.
OR maybe they believed in the gunless society that only policemen should be the only ones armed to protect society. About getting a security agency??? how much is it to get a personal bodyguard??? They were in the car - they can't use the plain underpaid blue guard right because he can't carry his firearm wherever they go because again there are limits to this.

Damn if you do Damn if you don't
I understand your sentiments clearly. But i totally disagree that it is the PNP' s fault, the organization you are referring to. We are only law enforcer, implementor of the laws that were made by the politicians we voted. So how come it's the PNP's fault? If we think we can protect ourselves and our family with all our guns in our safe that's great. God forbid, but what if we cannot, would it be the police or the PNP's fault? My only point is crimes happened not because of the police or the PNP's fault. It happened because the would be criminal has a will to commit a crime, the means to commit a crime and the opportunity to commit a crime... But in anyway we really want to point our fingers to someone we can blame, why not we all face in the mirror and point ourselves...
Old 10-17-2009, 07:41   #18
edtf

Quote:
I understand your sentiments clearly. But i totally disagree that it is the PNP' s fault, the organization you are referring to. We are only law enforcer, implementor of the laws that were made by the politicians we voted. So how come it's the PNP's fault? If we think we can protect ourselves and our family with all our guns in our safe that's great. God forbid, but what if we cannot, would it be the police or the PNP's fault? My only point is crimes happened not because of the police or the PNP's fault. It happened because the would be criminal has a will to commit a crime, the means to commit a crime and the opportunity to commit a crime... But in anyway we really want to point our fingers to someone we can blame, why not we all face in the mirror and point ourselves...
Yes point taken. Something got lost in translation - it isn't the fault of the PNP that crime happens. What I'm asking is will the police be there at that exact moment or even before the incident to stop it or be there at all times to protect us? That is a rhetorical question. I'm not laying blame of bad people doing bad things on the police.

Sorry I can't give direct quotations but I could remember High Ranking officials saying that we can protect you and we discourage people from bringing guns because we will be like the wild wild west where everyone is shooting everyone. This is the same reasoning where officials say that we should have stricter rules so that those licensed firearms won't be used for crime. Do those guys even bother applying for licenses or PTCs?

Come to think of it let me retract and rephrase. Yes it isn't the fault of the PNP that **** happens but lets be truthful you (not you personally but as the organization) can't also protect the citizenry all the time

Last edited by edtf; 10-17-2009 at 07:59..
Old 10-17-2009, 07:46   #19
crazy_hans

Quote:
i agree that its not PNP's fault that crimes do happen but i don't see why i have to blame myself for it either since no matter how i look at the mirror i can't find any hint of fault for what these people did.at any rate no need to be defensive since you are not among those hated by the people here but i do think that the chief PNP is among them
Old 10-17-2009, 08:59   #20
9MX
Rei!

ang init dito..tulog na ako