Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 11-16-2009, 09:21   #1
Allegra

Ayoko na mag Expect

Daym , youtube has everything
It's not the f@#$%ng pana, it's the confident indian
Results oriented goals vs performance goals

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJf8B...eature=related
" When I'm eating,that's all I think about / If I'm on the march, I just concentrate on marching / If I have to fight,it will be just as good a day to die as any other / If you can concentrate always on the present,you'll be a happy man "
- the Camel Driver
Allegra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 06:45   #2
Putok-Glock

so simple but never been easy.

since our conscious life, we were taught to expect from anything we do. after acquiring it as second nature, we need to unlearn it or at least not apply it in order to perform what is expected of us, nakakahilo ata!

in our sports, its really true. and its part of the hurdles we have to work on that makes shooting very interesting.

as for goals, performance goals are easier to manage than results-oriented goals. means less pressure, lesser frustration and helps a lot more in bringing positive performance. the one downside to this type of goal is it does not develop the killer instinct of the performer, which could be very usefull during crunch time.

in totality, this expect/dont expect mind game is a very important aspect of our game.
Putok-Glock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 07:28   #3
Putok-Glock

could be the reason why, in live fire practice sessions, where expectations are usually low, the performance is usually at high level...but its reversed in the match.
Old 11-18-2009, 09:11   #4
Allegra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Putok-Glock View Post
so simple but never been easy.

since our conscious life, we were taught to expect from anything we do. after acquiring it as second nature, we need to unlearn it or at least not apply it in order to perform what is expected of us, nakakahilo ata!

in our sports, its really true. and its part of the hurdles we have to work on that makes shooting very interesting.

as for goals, performance goals are easier to manage than results-oriented goals. means less pressure, lesser frustration and helps a lot more in bringing positive performance. the one downside to this type of goal is it does not develop the killer instinct of the performer, which could be very usefull during crunch time.

in totality, this expect/dont expect mind game is a very important aspect of our game.
Double edged sword yang killer instinct na yan bro, IMO
Sometimes, pagpatapos na ang laban at naamoy mo na ang tagumpay , yan killer instinct na yan can be another form of pressure.
Instead of doing the same things that led to success , your going to try even harder.
When you "try" harder, be even faster or more accurate , lalong magkaka loko-loko
I'd say relax , and do the same things you've been doing the whole match
" When I'm eating,that's all I think about / If I'm on the march, I just concentrate on marching / If I have to fight,it will be just as good a day to die as any other / If you can concentrate always on the present,you'll be a happy man "
- the Camel Driver
Old 11-18-2009, 09:21   #5
Allegra

Quote:
could be the reason why, in live fire practice sessions, where expectations are usually low, the performance is usually at high level...but its reversed in the match.

You have to find your optimum level of anxiety
If sa practice maganda ang performance , then pagaralan mo how you can imitate the conditions sa practice pagnasa match ka

Nung laban ni Pacquaio , parati namemention ng mga announcers na parati siya naka ngiti. So relaxed
- the Camel Driver
Old 11-18-2009, 18:10   #6
MAJINKONG

tama si bro Putok-Glock... may classmate ako dati sa highschool na nagawa mag cartwheel/backflip because of result oriented ang mindset niya, what ever the costs khit mabalian siya bones... today, ganyan pa rin mindset niya as applied sa shooting... naging consistent siya na fist size/one hole ang group niya basta puputok, whatever gun, cal, distance at speed... ako trigger happy lang... hehe.
MAJINKONG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 20:59   #7
jasonub

nagchampion na naman ako last week using an svi. Oh its the pana!!!

Hahahaha, gugulo nanaman utak ninyo
jasonub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 22:07   #8
JEZZZ

Send a message via Yahoo to JEZZZ
Makabili nga ng SVI... sa pana pala eh.
Old 11-19-2009, 12:18   #9
Allegra

barakada ko who works at a call center naiiyak na, matatapos na ang shift wala pang collection
Dapat , Relax lang at wag isipin ang pwede maging result ( zero collection ) , and concentrate sa dapat gawin "right now"
That's an example of using performance goals vs result oriented goals to get you laid..biro lang
Sabihin ko bumili na rin ng svi hehe
- the Camel Driver
Old 11-19-2009, 20:20   #10
jasonub

hehe. Lalo tuloy gumugulo.

Eto sikreto. I dont practice anymore- IDPA since dami ko work. Shooting is simply aiming and pulling the trigger.

Once you call your shot as a hit or an alpha, time to go to the next position and do the same.

Simple lang diba
Old 11-19-2009, 21:16   #11
JEZZZ

yap simple lang para ka lang umiihi na nakapikit ang mata...
Old 11-21-2009, 00:27   #12
Putok-Glock

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEZZZ View Post
yap simple lang para ka lang umiihi na nakapikit ang mata...
haha, simple lang, as simple as my by-line below hehe, but once you start to think and try to duplicate it, the performance is gone!

and Jason, we will all be a fool to believe its the pana...sti, svi, para, armscor, 1911, 2011, glocks, who cares? its you that causes you to win, never these things. but faith in your equipment is necessary too... keep it up, bro

Last edited by Putok-Glock; 11-21-2009 at 01:19..
Old 11-21-2009, 01:09   #13
Putok-Glock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allegra View Post
You have to find your optimum level of anxiety
If sa practice maganda ang performance , then pagaralan mo how you can imitate the conditions sa practice pagnasa match ka

Nung laban ni Pacquaio , parati namemention ng mga announcers na parati siya naka ngiti. So relaxed
Im/was a deligent student of this phenom for as long as I can remember. One idea I had struggled w/ was "shoot the match like you practiced", but the prob here was/is, match conditions were very far from practice environs. As a result I could never immitate my practice performance. Not even close to it. But I got to go around this hurdle in a way where i was/am relatively succesful: I reversed the mantra above, I shoot in practice like im in a match. For me, its easier to immitate match pressure/condition, and bring it out in practice. The results in my match perf though not spectacular, were near miraculous, in my standard at least.

Last edited by Putok-Glock; 11-21-2009 at 01:15..
Old 11-21-2009, 02:59   #14
jasonub

so what happens if you dont practice and still win matches??? bwhaahaha. gulo ano?
Old 11-21-2009, 04:05   #15
JEZZZ

yan ang di nauubusan ng tsamba, jokes bro... kung baga nasa dugong bughaw mo na seguro ang manalo na walang practice at kung matalo man marami naman pwde idahilan hehe
Old 11-21-2009, 04:20   #16
jimbullet

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonub View Post
so what happens if you dont practice and still win matches??? bwhaahaha. gulo ano?
That means you already built a rhythm in you. Some shooting athletes often reach their peak and no matter how much more they practice, it becomes down hill from thereon and this is what the professional coach watches for. In laymans term - burned out.

This is when the athlete is then told to get off the range for a few days even weeks. Upon return, often athletes find themselves at the peak of their performance
BOG#125
PNZ#15130
PAASS Badge#3104
jimbullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 09:38   #17
Putok-Glock

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonub View Post
If you dont practice for a time but not long enough to lose your subconscious skills, your conscious self is tranformed into a non-expecting observer.Thus, you had one less big obstacle in your self to perform your best. You felt relaxed, focused and not even thinking of winning. You believed that because you had no practice, there was nothing good to be expected from your game, so you just went ahead and shoot your own game. Little did you know that your game, if allowed to play w/o the workings of your conscious mind, was more than enough to win the match. Proof that we are our best competition, (or worst enemy?)

When Im in a match, I keep the competition w/in. If I compete w/ myself, I have a chance of winning (over myself.) If I compete w/ other shooters outside of myself, I lose all the time. Even if I win the match.

Last edited by Putok-Glock; 11-21-2009 at 09:43..
Old 11-21-2009, 21:02   #18
Putok-Glock

need to qualify my post above:

its applicable only for those w/ solid skills on basics and developed techniques, as in Jason's case.
Old 11-22-2009, 03:12   #19
Allegra

Quote:
Im/was a deligent student of this phenom for as long as I can remember. One idea I had struggled w/ was "shoot the match like you practiced", but the prob here was/is, match conditions were very far from practice environs. As a result I could never immitate my practice performance. Not even close to it. But I got to go around this hurdle in a way where i was/am relatively succesful: I reversed the mantra above, I shoot in practice like im in a match. For me, its easier to immitate match pressure/condition, and bring it out in practice. The results in my match perf though not spectacular, were near miraculous, in my standard at least.

Galing ah! A true student indeed
Matagal ko na gusto pumutok sa bicol , i've never been there
Let's shoot one time pag may level 3 jan
Do you also play golf? I dont yet pero lots of golfers get it
Bihira shooters who do
- the Camel Driver
Old 11-22-2009, 03:34   #20
Allegra

Quote:
If you dont practice for a time but not long enough to lose your subconscious skills, your conscious self is tranformed into a non-expecting observer.Thus, you had one less big obstacle in your self to perform your best. You felt relaxed, focused and not even thinking of winning. You believed that because you had no practice, there was nothing good to be expected from your game, so you just went ahead and shoot your own game. Little did you know that your game, if allowed to play w/o the workings of your conscious mind, was more than enough to win the match. Proof that we are our best competition, (or worst enemy?)

When Im in a match, I keep the competition w/in. If I compete w/ myself, I have a chance of winning (over myself.) If I compete w/ other shooters outside of myself, I lose all the time. Even if I win the match.
haha coudnt have explained it better myself
In my case, I easily lose focus ewan ko lang because of ADD or I'm just lazy
Which is why I dont shoot well kung iisipin ko sarili ko lang kalaban ko
I need to psyche myself up , kelangan may kalaban
Or else I lose focus , and puro mistakes nagyayari
Right amount of pressure , high but not too high

Was in a level 1 kahapon sa Lipa, after the first stage my mind was wandering
Kelangan magconcentrate talaga, kasi nawala focus
- the Camel Driver