SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 11-18-2009, 20:30   #1
Wp.22

Send a message via Yahoo to Wp.22
Visit from DILG agents

My wife and I have a very small business which we put up even before we got married since we opened it we have been visited by BIR, BPLO, City employees in-charge with checking the weighing scale. Only now that people form DILG came to our shop. Our staff texted my wife about the visitors and they wanted to talk to my wife.

My wife did not answer her cellphone when the staff was calling her since we dont have any idea what they want. We will wait till they will leave the shop before we call our staff.

I don't know if they are legit members of DILG.

I suddenly remember a couple of years ago when someone from DILG called our company soliciting money a certain Col. was incharge according to him the money was intended for a charoty foundation and in return from our contribution our trucks will be exempted from truck ban and coding.

Assuming we have violations as business owners we expect a visit from BIR, BPLO but we abide all the rules abonado pa nga kami minsan eh.

How many days till Christmas hehehe?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Wp.22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 20:38   #2
Tony_Montana

Are you into trucking din sir? Theres no such thing as exemption sa truck ban or coding sa trucks even sa towing. Ignore them nalang.
Tony_Montana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 20:47   #3
Wp.22

@TOny, hindi po kami trucking company sir yung mga trucks namin pang deliver ng sarili namin products dito sa planta.

Old 11-18-2009, 22:23   #4
CatsMeow

Smells like a shakedown... I could understand DOLE, BIR or said city employees to check your weighing scale, but DILG? If they persist, call your lawyer.
Old 11-18-2009, 22:29   #5
ahtsay

I remember several years back, I got a call from this certain lady who said she was from Crame. She was soliciting money for some fund raiser by this top military officer (can't remember). Since she was very polite and seems to be intelligently answering my questions, I agreed to donate a small amount. It was kinda like a nightmare after that. Every few weeks I would get the same call for different events. And they wouldn't take no for an answer. It came to the point na when I answer my phone, I pretend I'm not me and tell them that I have resigned Hinde ko nga sure kung legit yun or just a scam. Anyways good luck nalang sa iyo wp22.
ahtsay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 22:58   #6
vega

When I was still there I got a visit from PNP personnel selling tickets. I bought 3 after that sunod sunod na. It happens my youngest child was sick that day and I want to take her to the doctor and I do not have enough money with me.

The last guy was very persistent saying kahit pang gas lang, sayang naman daw yung time niya. Sabi ko sa kanya yung anak ko may sakit hindi ko madala sa ospital dahil ini-istorbo niya ako. Kung may mangyari sa anak ko wala akong pakialam kung ano ang rango mo at wala rin akomg pakialam kung may mangyari sakin. May pumipigil sa akin para dalhin ko yung anak ko sa ospital at gagawin ko ang lahat para mawala ang istorbo. Sabay tingin ng masama na handa ng pumatay. Akala niya nanginginig ako sa galit, hindi niya alam na takot na takot ako.

Nag sorry yung tao sabay alis. Pagkatapos noon wala ng pumupunta ulit.

Just beg off politely, otherwise puputaktihin ka.
BOG #005
vega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 01:19   #7
PMMA97
MNSAmessdetail

Remember that the Bureau of Fire Protection is under the DILG baka naman mga bumbero yun galing sa City Hall checking out fire safety permits and fire extinguishers expiration dates.

My wife used to run a small enterprise and I was surprised when I came to visit to see men with DILG markings talking to her. Turned out na they were just checking the permits and such.

Mga bumbero kasi dito sa amin nakupow lahat anlalaki ng DILG sa likod ng black shirts nila. Fortunately hindi naman sila nagbebenta ng overpriced at bawal tanggihang tickets.
PMMA97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 01:45   #8
Black_SIR

sir ask foe valid ids and documents.. usaually binibiktimanila are small business like me, pero when govt officiasl come to us tawag agad ako sa bookkeeper namin.. for legality
Black_SIR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 01:47   #9
kristiansen
Birdwatcher

in case you have'nt noticed,this country is being run by different types of syndicates,pretending to be government.DPWH,BIR,Customs,LTO etc.

our Senators,Congressmen,governors,mayors etc.,most of them are only after the money they can steal through commissions,etc.,service to country?...........rant off.
Old 11-19-2009, 02:58   #10
Wp.22

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMMA97 View Post
Remember that the Bureau of Fire Protection is under the DILG baka naman mga bumbero yun galing sa City Hall checking out fire safety permits and fire extinguishers expiration dates.

My wife used to run a small enterprise and I was surprised when I came to visit to see men with DILG markings talking to her. Turned out na they were just checking the permits and such.

Mga bumbero kasi dito sa amin nakupow lahat anlalaki ng DILG sa likod ng black shirts nila. Fortunately hindi naman sila nagbebenta ng overpriced at bawal tanggihang tickets.
Yup mga bumbero daw sila according to our staff syempre ang racket ng bumbero is to sell fire extinguisher eh ang meron ako yung kaya all types of fire bakit hindi daw pula according sa stagg namin.

Babalik daw bukas my wife instructed our staff to get the names and a formal written letter if may violation kami. We complied naman what ever rules meron ang LGU about runninga small business.

Good thing my uncle works for his brother in-law who makes fire extinguishers. If hindi pa rin pumasa yung red colored maglalagay na kami ng red, blue, green na FE.

Old 11-19-2009, 03:18   #11
bisoy

we used to have frequent visits from a group of policemen bugging us with all sorts of things and asking all sorts of stuff. walang mahanap na loophole so they asked for pang gas nila. this happened quite a few times til i got irritated and went to napolcom. sa awa ng diyos, 2 years na sila hindi bumalik
bisoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 09:45   #12
DragonEye
Spits230grFMJs

I had encountered a "police colonel" over the phone selling me cards that would exempt my cars from coding. Price of each card is 5k each and he was insistent that I get 10 cards for my company. Told him I'll think about it and refer it to the Board.

After that call, I had my secretary screen all my calls from any government agency. Nagsawa din kakatawag.
DragonEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 15:01   #13
PMMA97
MNSAmessdetail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wp.22 View Post
Yup mga bumbero daw sila according to our staff syempre ang racket ng bumbero is to sell fire extinguisher eh ang meron ako yung kaya all types of fire bakit hindi daw pula according sa stagg namin.

Babalik daw bukas my wife instructed our staff to get the names and a formal written letter if may violation kami. We complied naman what ever rules meron ang LGU about runninga small business.

Good thing my uncle works for his brother in-law who makes fire extinguishers. If hindi pa rin pumasa yung red colored maglalagay na kami ng red, blue, green na FE.
Thats what I thought. The Fire Dept. usually makes their rounds come Christmas. Baka madami kayong Xmas lights na pagmulan ng sunog

As for the FE, I too had the same sentiment as you have just to "fight the system" and get the FE sa ibang shops huwag lang sa inaalok nila but I relented after scouting for some time and finding out that most of the cost effective FE on the local market was not up to par with the BFP codes (or so the BFP said).

In the end sa BFP na lang kami kumuha and they came in just refilled the tanks and put some tags on them and sent us on our merry way.
PMMA97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 15:30   #14
horge
Lifetime Membership
-=-=-=-=-

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonEye View Post
I had encountered a "police colonel" over the phone selling me cards that would exempt my cars from coding. Price of each card is 5k each and he was insistent that I get 10 cards for my company. Told him I'll think about it and refer it to the Board.

After that call, I had my secretary screen all my calls from any government agency. Nagsawa din kakatawag.
I empathize, 'pare.
Although lately, ang makukulit sa akin are offers of PTCFOR's.
Malupit pa daw que sa mga nag-aalok ng credit card, hahaha...
-BoG Hog #12
-Model 1911 Club member #111
horge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 18:17   #15
Wp.22

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMMA97 View Post
Thats what I thought. The Fire Dept. usually makes their rounds come Christmas. Baka madami kayong Xmas lights na pagmulan ng sunog

As for the FE, I too had the same sentiment as you have just to "fight the system" and get the FE sa ibang shops huwag lang sa inaalok nila but I relented after scouting for some time and finding out that most of the cost effective FE on the local market was not up to par with the BFP codes (or so the BFP said).

In the end sa BFP na lang kami kumuha and they came in just refilled the tanks and put some tags on them and sent us on our merry way.
Dito sa company namin sa recommended BFP kami kumukuha.

Old 11-21-2009, 02:18   #16
VICARA

this thread reminds me of what happened many years ago while I was still working in the Middle East. On one of my yearly vacation, i got a visit from 2 middle-aged, decent-looking ladies. Office dweller and 'kagalang-galang' ang dating.

Same MO, they're staff of a high-ranking military officer and are selling stuff. Palibhasa wala pa tulog, fast combustion ako. I told them my brother-in-law works in the same office under the same General and I can call him from next door. Bilis pa sa alas kuatro, umalis sila bigla. They might have been watching my luggage at the airport and jot down my billboard-size address.

Like vega, i was also trembling but only after they left. What i said to them, i made it all up. True, my brother-in-law was in the service but retired na nun!
BOG #575
...focusing on an object, and holding it in consciousness, to meditate on it
VICARA is offline   Reply With Quote