Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 11-30-2009, 20:59   #1
kylej

Magna-port

Has anyone had Magna-port port a glock? More specifically a G35 or G34? I have search numerous forums and have found threads that people are about to do it but never post up any details about it such as cost, turn-around time, or if they port Glocks at all. I can not even find any info that someone has had a glock ported by Magna-port.

I have sent them an email about a week ago but havn't got a response.

I would like to port my already Robar-stippled G35 to somewhat match my Robar-stippled/NP3'd G23C.
kylej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 21:17   #2
RenegadeGlocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylej View Post
Has anyone had Magna-port port a glock? More specifically a G35 or G34? I have search numerous forums and have found threads that people are about to do it but never post up any details about it such as cost, turn-around time, or if they port Glocks at all. I can not even find any info that someone has had a glock ported by Magna-port.

I would like to port my already Robar-stippled G35 to somewhat match my Robar-stippled/NP3'd G23C.
I have a 34 that is Magna-Ported. Had it done years ago, so I do not remember the details. Not much to it since they do not have to do anything to the slide.
RenegadeGlocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 07:58   #3
coverdog
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylej View Post

Try the telephone and they will answer.
coverdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 14:12   #4
kylej

Well, yesterday I shipped off my G35 to be ported by Magna-Port. $95 plus $22 for return shipping/insurance.

I will attempt to post up pictures (if I can figure out how to do it...he he). Might be towards the end of the month due to shipping during holidays.
Old 12-18-2009, 13:28   #5
BUNNDJ

Let Me Know

I own a glock 36 and i have been looking at Magnaport. Let me know if your happy with the work that was done, and if you got the results that you wanted by porting your glock.... Pictures would be great, I'm on the fence about having mine done.......
BUNNDJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 11:17   #6
mclaren

I am getting a G20 in a few days and have considered Magnaporting as well. Ted Nugent inspired me to go with this gun. He raves about it in his books. His is magnaported. I went with night sights instead of the factory "C" option. For the money I could get one or the other. I went with the sights. I cant find any pics of a magnaported glock though. This would help me make the decision. I wonder if their porting is more effective than factory glock porting? The owner needs to join this forum and make some money!
mclaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 11:18   #7
RenegadeGlocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren View Post
I am getting a G20 in a few days and have considered Magnaporting as well. Ted Nugent inspired me to go with this gun. He raves about it in his books. His is magnaported. I went with night sights instead of the factory "C" option. For the money I could get one or the other. I went with the sights. I cant find any pics of a magnaported glock though. This would help me make the decision. I wonder if their porting is more effective than factory glock porting? The owner needs to join this forum and make some money!
Just get a 20C. There is little difference.
Old 12-22-2009, 12:19   #8
mclaren

What is that little difference? better? worse? Im sure it costs more to have magnaport do it after the fact. But would it be unique or look just the same?
Old 12-22-2009, 12:27   #9
RenegadeGlocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren View Post
What is that little difference? better? worse? Im sure it costs more to have magnaport do it after the fact. But would it be unique or look just the same?

The porting is not exactly the same size.
Old 12-22-2009, 18:23   #10
BUNNDJ

I contacted Magna-Port and this is what they sent me....
Attached Thumbnails
Gunsmithing - Click for larger version  
BUNNDJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 14:56   #11
mclaren

Thats a first or second gen G17 right? I like the ports, they dont look as big as glock "C". I hope the put and extractor in it before they go to the range
Old 12-23-2009, 20:33   #12
ilgunguygt
Enslaved in IL

Quote:
Originally Posted by RenegadeGlocker View Post
I have a 34 that is Magna-Ported. Had it done years ago, so I do not remember the details. Not much to it since they do not have to do anything to the slide.
Why wouldnt they have to cut the slide?
ilgunguygt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 20:40   #13
RenegadeGlocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilgunguygt View Post
Why wouldnt they have to cut the slide?
34 & 35 already have the slide cut with a bit hole on top.

Gunsmithing
Old 12-24-2009, 10:58   #14
noway

Never had a semi-auto done, but I have a shotgun and TC/contender completed by them. Great work and quick turn around.
noway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 13:16   #15
500WE

I bought a G-30 right after they came out. Sent it to Ken at Mag-na-port for his porting. This was not the first semi auto that I had them do. Many years before, they ported an ASP for me. With both, more controlable muzzle flip. As always great work and fast turn around.
500WE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 16:06   #16
mclaren

MagnaPorted G30 sounds sweet. I would love to see some detail pics of this. I hadn't considered porting any of the subcompacts or G30/29. But it makes sense since recoil would be the worst and it isn't a factory option. This would be a great improvement to my G33. S&W makes some revolvers with a port in front of the front sight to tame .357 mag recoil in short barrel form. Anyone else seen Compensated baby glocks?
Old 12-24-2009, 23:45   #17
ilgunguygt
Enslaved in IL

Quote:
Originally Posted by RenegadeGlocker View Post
34 & 35 already have the slide cut with a bit hole on top.

Gunsmithing
gotcha!
ilgunguygt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 16:22   #18
kylej

Sorry guys, it has been a while since i have been on. Got my 35 back and it is great, shot it within about 30 minutes of getting it back! According to UPS tracking times, they only had it in the shop for 19 hours and sent it back out.
Definatly feel a slighter recoil but havnt had a chance to shoot my brother's 35 next to mine yet. Very happy with the service and quality of work. Not sure about recoil difference between Glock to Magna-port but I did find some scientific studies that were condcuted on a wide range of calibers, both rifles and pistols and the recoil was reduced a decent amount. (http://www.tsengineering.com.au/index.php?page_id=19)
Definalty no problems with shooting it in low light, you can see the flames if you look but you don't see them if you are looking at what you should be.

UPDATE: Got to shoot my brothers 35 next to mine, WOW!!! Myself and two others were quite impressed with it, we all guessed about 30% reduction in straight back recoil and about 50% in muzzle flip upward. My brother is now wanting to send his to Michigan as well.
Attached Thumbnails
Gunsmithing - Click for larger version  
Old 01-26-2010, 16:24   #19
kylej

got two more pictures here but wont let me post them :(