SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 12-06-2009, 14:02   #1
G19 Elite
Elite

Louisvile Matches

I am originally from Louisville and visit occasionally and Im wondering if there is anywhere in Louisville or Southern Indiana that host IDPA or USPSA matches. I shoot down here in Georgia alot but I would like to shoot with my father when I come home and visit. Is there anything out there?
Old 12-06-2009, 14:21   #2
Houngan

silvercreekcc.org has the matches around here, besides the Thursday GLIPSC match at Bluegrass Indoor (single stage IDPA-ish match) and the 2nd Saturday Knob Creek KPDL match (also IDPA-ish.)

At SilverCreek,

1st Sat. IDPA
2nd Sun. USPSA
3rd Sun. USPSA
4th Sun. ICORE
4th Sat. Steel Challenge

Although it's up in the air during the winter. I suggest sending an email to get on the notification list for the matches.

H.
Houngan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 16:07   #3
KYgundoc

Chris
I run the old weekly matches at Bluegrass Indoor Range Formerly Ray's formerly Sportshooters. Thursday evenings at 6pm and yes someone had to keep it going.
We call it GLIPSC and boot leg what we want to shoot. It is geared to beginners and use USPSA targets and rules.

Dean F.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
KYgundoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 19:15   #4
TreehugginGlock

Chris,

I run the Silvercreek IDPA matches and would love to have you and your father join us, however, just about all of the matches (USPSA included) at Silvercreek have shut down for the winter. IDPA will start back up the first Saturday in March. We will also be hosting an SO Training course in February if you're interested.

The only semi-close IDPA match that runs throughout the year, I think, is the one in Wilmore, KY, at Bluegrass Sportsmen League. It is possible that Columbia, KY, might run throughout winter, but I'm not sure. You can go on the IDPA website, www.idpa.com, to get their contact info. Tom Wimmer will be able to tell you if he runs throughout the winter or not.

GLIPSC, however, on Thursday nights at Bluegrass Indoor is lots of fun and a lot easier to get to and runs throughout the year. Dean, Greg and I try to run a fun and challenging match each week. All of the shooters are great fun to be around. As Dean said, we have everything from beginner shooters to master level shooters. It's only $10 to shoot. You can shoot once for score, then after everyone has shot for score, you can reshoot as many times as you would like or until you wear out the SO or they kick us out. There is no membership dues either. For the most part we are USPSA style COFs, however, I do get to throw in an IDPA course every now and then just to keep everyone on their feet.

Hope you and your dad can join us soon.

Leigh Ann
TreehugginGlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 20:28   #5
G19 Elite
Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreehugginGlock View Post
Chris,

I run the Silvercreek IDPA matches and would love to have you and your father join us, however, just about all of the matches (USPSA included) at Silvercreek have shut down for the winter. IDPA will start back up the first Saturday in March. We will also be hosting an SO Training course in February if you're interested.

The only semi-close IDPA match that runs throughout the year, I think, is the one in Wilmore, KY, at Bluegrass Sportsmen League. It is possible that Columbia, KY, might run throughout winter, but I'm not sure. You can go on the IDPA website, www.idpa.com, to get their contact info. Tom Wimmer will be able to tell you if he runs throughout the winter or not.

GLIPSC, however, on Thursday nights at Bluegrass Indoor is lots of fun and a lot easier to get to and runs throughout the year. Dean, Greg and I try to run a fun and challenging match each week. All of the shooters are great fun to be around. As Dean said, we have everything from beginner shooters to master level shooters. It's only $10 to shoot. You can shoot once for score, then after everyone has shot for score, you can reshoot as many times as you would like or until you wear out the SO or they kick us out. There is no membership dues either. For the most part we are USPSA style COFs, however, I do get to throw in an IDPA course every now and then just to keep everyone on their feet.

Hope you and your dad can join us soon.

Leigh Ann
I am not familiar with silver creek, where is that located?
Old 12-06-2009, 21:54   #6
TreehugginGlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by G19 Elite View Post
I am not familiar with silver creek, where is that located?
Silvercreek is located in Sellersburg, Indiana, just across the river from Louisville.

www.silvercreekcc.org

Best outdoor range in the area, if you ask me.
Old 12-06-2009, 21:58   #7
kyjack45

Send a message via Yahoo to kyjack45
The USPSA match on Sunday 12-13-09 is still on the calendar at http://www.silvercreekcc.org/pp/Calendar.htm
Is this match a go or is it canceled?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
kyjack45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 22:03   #8
kyjack45

Send a message via Yahoo to kyjack45
BGSL http://www.bgslinc.com/modules.php?n...load=Home.html shoots all year and only closes for extreme weather. However, it is almost 100 miles from Louisville (about a 25 minute drive, just past Wilmore, south of Lexington)

kyjack45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 00:26   #9
KYgundoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by KYgundoc View Post
Chris
I run the old weekly matches at Bluegrass Indoor Range Formerly Ray's formerly Sportshooters. Thursday evenings at 6pm and yes someone had to keep it going.
We call it GLIPSC and boot leg what we want to shoot. It is geared to beginners and use USPSA targets and rules.

Dean F.
Sorry Leigh Ann, Greg and all the others that help put the Thursday evening matches on I do not put them on by myself and no one person could. I just hate using the imperial "WE" like Jeff cooper used to do.

KYgundoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 07:31   #10
G19 Elite
Elite

I will be in town for Christmas but unless there will be anything going on Christmas Eve or the sat and sun after, I doubt I will be shooting then. Ill keep an eye out for events when here for a longer stay.
Old 12-08-2009, 12:23   #11
TreehugginGlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyjack45 View Post
The USPSA match on Sunday 12-13-09 is still on the calendar at http://www.silvercreekcc.org/pp/Calendar.htm
Is this match a go or is it canceled?
I just heard that this match has been canceled. MD will be out of town.