Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 12-12-2009, 13:45   #1
kymarkh

install night sights

Where can I get night sights installed on my G26 in the N. KY/S.W. OH area?
kymarkh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 16:09   #2
Brian Dover

There's usually one or more Glock armorers set up at the Bill Goodman gunshows in Cincy and Dayton.

Shooter's Supply store/range in Independence or Quick Cash Gun/Pawn in Florence may be able to help you out as well.
Old 12-12-2009, 18:23   #3
kymarkh

Thanks - I'll give them a buzz.
Old 12-19-2009, 18:33   #4
malakas
Lifetime Membership

Shooters will install them for free if you buy theirs and will charge 20-25 bucks or so if you bring you own in to have installed. They also do FFL transfers for I think 50 bucks and have a nice indoor range that accepts most rifle calibres.

That said, Randy's Range (randysrange.com) is a no frills outdoor range up to 200 yards for lke 10-15 bucks for as long as you want to shoot. There is an FFL in Burlington at a store called Herbs and More (google it) who does transfers for 20-25 bucks. Not sure if he does night sights or not though.
malakas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 12:09   #5
kymarkh

Thanks guys - I go to Shooters fairly often and never actually asked if they'd install night sights. I'll ask them next time I'm there.
Old 12-27-2009, 00:16   #6
EKUJustice

They really are not hard to install yourself. A nylon punch for the rear and a bit for the front. Takes about 5 min. The glock sights arnt near as hard as say a kimber sight.
EKUJustice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 11:38   #7
gruntmedik
CLM Number 291
Honk Honk

I have an MGW installation tool if you're in the Louisville area.
Old 12-28-2009, 15:26   #8
kymarkh

Shooters in Independence told me today that they don't install sights - they referred me to Garretts gunsmithing in Newport. He's never been fast and I don't want to wait months to get my gun back. Quick cash is where I bought the pistol - they sell them but they don't install them.

Marks in Florence quoted me 120 installed for Trijicons. I might just go ahead and do it since I don't have a vice or the time to do it myself.

I appreciate the offer grunt but I'm not down in that area much nowdays.
Old 12-28-2009, 17:26   #9
EKUJustice

Ill have to check my schedule to see when I am up in the NKY area as I can have them on in about 5 min. If your even semi handy they can be installed with a punch for the rear. The glock sights are not exactly a tight fitting sight.
EKUJustice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 23:23   #10
sfguard
Spread Out!

Did you ever get them installed? If not shoot me a PM I have the wrench for the front sight and a pusher for the rear sight. It won't take but about 5 minutes or so if your around me

Proud Veteran of JTF Bravo, Operations Noble Eagle, Enduring Freedom, and Iraqi freedom
sfguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 07:36   #11
kymarkh

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfguard View Post
Did you ever get them installed? If not shoot me a PM I have the wrench for the front sight and a pusher for the rear sight. It won't take but about 5 minutes or so if your around me
I ended up having Mark's put them on - but I really appreciate the offer. Next time I see one of the used sight pushers on the equipment exchange at a decent price I'm going to pick it up.