Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 12-17-2009, 08:20   #1
texasnative

Drop in Trigger Kits

Looking at 2 different triger kits...

1. Vanek Classic Trigger Kit
2. Glockworx Zev Tech Complete Drop in Trigger Kit

Would like opinions of folks who use one or the other...preferably who have used both.

This will be for a competition gun only (not SD)...G17 for IDPA SSP.

Thanks in advance for your input.

G17,19,26,22,23,21,30,36
texasnative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 10:56   #2
JBP55

I have used and installed quite a few of both and it is personal preference. I use Glockworx in mine but the Vanex Classic is a fine trigger system also. You can not go wrong with either.
JBP55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 10:47   #3
dday27

+1, I have both
The 21 Club #2727 Kalashnikov Club #2727
Black Rifle Club #2727 The Bull Dawgs Club #2727
dday27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 07:13   #4
jimtl

Well ... I put my Christmas gift money put to good use and just ordered the Glockworx Zev Tech Fulcrum Drop in kit for my G35. I did a lot of searching for reviews on this and other products before deciding. I'll post after trying it out.
jimtl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 01:30   #5
wwwired

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimtl View Post
Well ... I put my Christmas gift money put to good use and just ordered the Glockworx Zev Tech Fulcrum Drop in kit for my G35. I did a lot of searching for reviews on this and other products before deciding. I'll post after trying it out.
Did you order the striker too? I was waiting for my Christmas funds as well but waited too long...connectors and strikers are backordered. I just ordered the kit without the striker from Brownells hoping they have some of their own inventory with the ZT connector.
wwwired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 09:29   #6
jimtl

I didn't order the striker ... I'm going to try it with the stock part first ... but knowing how I am I'm sure I'll break down and buy one at some point. FWIW, Midway and the Glockstore have the fulcrum kit in stock somewhat discounted. I decided to go directly through Glockworx because they offer two free Generation 2 ZT race connectors delivered in Jan. Seemed like a good deal.

This has been a real learning experience for me. I did the 25 cent trigger job and it helped me better understand how these amazing pistols are out together.

My tracking number indicates delivery on 1/5/10 ...

Last edited by jimtl; 12-29-2009 at 09:32..
Old 12-31-2009, 14:48   #7
MoNsTeR

I have two Vanek Classics, with the striker also, in my G34s. I absolutely love them, never regret spending the money on them, and would buy another one in a heartbeat.
MoNsTeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 17:45   #8
jimtl

Got my fulcrum trigger today and installed it. Very nice feel -- I'll check it out this weekend. I'll probably get the Skeletonized Striker at a later point.
Old 01-05-2010, 19:50   #9
wwwired

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimtl View Post
Got my fulcrum trigger today and installed it. Very nice feel -- I'll check it out this weekend. I'll probably get the Skeletonized Striker at a later point.
Installed mine too...crisp pull but I'd like to shorten the pre-travel some. It seems like it should be shorter. Reset is nice. Question: Does it automatically come fitted with the competition springs? Glockworx site offers it as an additional accessory when ordering. Not sure if this is for future replacement or necessary if desired out of the box.
wwwired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 09:12   #10
texasnative

ok. I went ahead and got both. Put about 200 rounds through each configuration.
While both are great....For me, I found Vanek to to feel the best.

The only problem I had was with the firing pin safety/firing pin safety spring. The combination that came with the Vanek just didn't seem strong enough as my extractor would fall out. So I put the (polished) stock fps with a somewhat lightened spring and it works like a charm.

btw...changed all the springs to competition weights.

I just have the polished stock striker....do you think that the skeletonized striker will make a big difference?

G17,19,26,22,23,21,30,36
texasnative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 15:42   #11
jimtl

Tried it out today and it worked great. Really nice trigger.
Old 01-09-2010, 16:55   #12
jimtl

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwwired View Post
Question: Does it automatically come fitted with the competition springs? Glockworx site offers it as an additional accessory when ordering. Not sure if this is for future replacement or necessary if desired out of the box.
I wondered the same thing and emailed Glockworx a few days ago, but haven't heard back. I did notice that the titanium FPS that comes with the kit has the same spring as the one in the competition spring kit.
Old 01-22-2010, 17:24   #13
610ck21

Sorry to jump on the thread a little late...

I purchase a "classic" trigger from Vanek about a year ago for my 21sf after doing a lot of research. I have over 2k rounds on the trigger and not 1 single issue what-so-ever.

Before I ordered I talked to Charlie himself (I called and he picked up the phone) and he answered my questions and is a true expert at his craft.
610ck21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 12:54   #14
sausagemc

I may have to order a toy for the Gen 4 that i just ordered. I like the thought of titanium and fulcrum and bang goodness.
sausagemc is offline   Reply With Quote