Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 01-07-2010, 17:45   #1
curriek

LEM Lovers?

Anyone shoot a H&K with the LEM (Law Enforcement Modification)? I have a SIG in DAK and was wondering if it is comparable. I prefer the DAK over the traditional DA/SA. I was hoping to buy a HK45 and switch it to a LEM. Also, I know you can buy the parts for the LEM conversion, but how hard is it to convert? Will it need to get sent to H&K or is it something a gunsmith can do?
curriek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 20:30   #2
majette

i have a hybrid lem (lem with match components) usp 9mm combat competition. took some getting used to but once i got dialed in it is great. from what others have said it is similar to the sig dak but the difference with the hk lem system is the first pull is long and smooth then subsequent pulls are short when you release just to the reset unless you let the trigger go fully forward. go to hkpro.com and look at some of the info there.
majette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 22:12   #3
schiffer99

Of all the safe/double type actions from glocks, sig and XD's the LEM is my favorite. I look at the LEM as sort of two stage trigger. You have this nice smooth light long take up, than the trigger hits a stop where you hold. From this friction point you have a short press that is similar to a single action pull.

Love it. Only trigger I pick ahead of it is the 1911's.
schiffer99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 00:49   #4
blueiron
Clown move, bro

I am a fan of the LEM. I have it on my P2000Sk and it is a great shooter.

Bastard! - TBO
blueiron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 07:51   #5
BuckyP
Lifetime Membership

I had the lighter LEM variant on my HK USPc. I loved it at first, but over time I didn't like the change in pull weight towards the end of the trigger pull. Rather than converting to the heavier LEM, I changed it back to DA/SA.

However, I recently got a P2000SK with the heavier LEM (V2), and I really like the way the trigger feels.
BuckyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 10:26   #6
H&K 4 LIFE
Leonum A Ignis

DAK vs. LEM. Two completely different animals.

http://pistol-training.com/articles/hk-lem-vs-sig-dak
Old 01-09-2010, 21:43   #7
sigcalcatrant

Quote:
Originally Posted by curriek View Post
Anyone shoot a H&K with the LEM (Law Enforcement Modification)? I have a SIG in DAK and was wondering if it is comparable. I prefer the DAK over the traditional DA/SA. I was hoping to buy a HK45 and switch it to a LEM. Also, I know you can buy the parts for the LEM conversion, but how hard is it to convert? Will it need to get sent to H&K or is it something a gunsmith can do?
Love the LEM, hate the DAK. I had a P226 with the DAK and couldn't get use to it, so I sold it. I ignored the LEM because I incorrectly assumed it was too similar. I ran into a deal too good to pass up on a P2000SK LEM, thinking I would sell it for a few dollars more. To my surprise, I LOVE the LEM. I'm an old revolver guy, and the LEM reminds me of the DA pull of a professionally tuned Colt Python, except with a much shorter trigger reset: smooth, light, with just enough stacking before let off to be perfect. The DAK doesn't have the same 'revolver similarity'.
Old 01-10-2010, 23:34   #8
Scott_F

Re: LEM Lovers?

I'm sold on the LEM.
Scott_F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 13:06   #9
ironguy

I've owned both. I had a P239 SAS with the DAK tirgger, my first EDC CCW. I liked the trigger on it, as much as the safety factor firing it as anything. It took me quite a while to find out what it really was doing and the purpose. The DAK did have a shorter reset but with the shorter reset the pull was heavier. I found when I tried to use that feature I had to think to hard about it and my shooting was less accurate (I didn't think that was possible) and seemed like to much work, so I just used it like a DAO trigger letting the trigger come all the way back. I understand that with lots and lots of practice one would overcome it however I am not LEO and I am financially challenged, so shooting 500 rounds a week was not an option. I'm sure for LEO or those who have the time and money to get that down, the DAK is a great concept, keep a heavier pull on a short reset to prevent an AD.

The I tried the LEM. I didn't like the LEM, I freakin LOVED the LEM. Everything I was looking for in that style of action for an EDC. I actually found it by accident when my wife was looking for an EDC. We went to a shooters show at Bills Gun Shop in Minneapolis where most manufacturers had there arms there for you to try. She had been through just about everything there without anything that tripped her trigger until she came to the HK botth and she tried the P2000. Easy action on the slide was her priority and this had it. Then I tried the trigger and was blown away. We had found her gun (2nd runner up was a PX4 Storm Sub compact, 3rd G19). My little secret was that I immediately sold my P239 and upgraded to the P2000 V2 in .357 Sig :D.

I've also owned a 96D DAO and Frankly I liked that trigger much better than the DAK as well. Smooth and easy to stage the trigger. I sold that gun but just picked up a 96D centurion that I am anxious to shoot.

If only I could put a LEM trigger in my P228

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
ironguy is offline   Reply With Quote