Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-17-2010, 18:44   #41
bladenbullet
gun clinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLastDaze View Post
If I could buy 'Factory' 33rounders for $20 I'd be all over that!!

I'd like to know where you can buy Glock mags for $20? Lowest I've seen is about $23 and that's only at one place so far.
http://www.******tactical.com/glockmagazines.html
bladenbullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 23:05   #42
betyourlife
on a GLOCK

I bought a lot of mine for $7 each brand new. Consider I got three times as many mags as a factory Glock magazine for the same price, I came out ahead. Same with the $16 33rd mags I paid.

Now I have plenty of factory mags of all sizes, but these make excellent training mags if nothing else. Heck, from what I've seen, and my own personal experience with them, I wouldn't hesitate to use them for carry.
betyourlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 08:32   #43
kemet1953

Great With Glock Springs In Them!

Mines are doing great with the Glock springs in them. Other wise they are a piece of ****.
kemet1953 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 20:43   #44
loltom

Send a message via AIM to loltom
my two 15rd .40 KCI mags came in today, and from now on i will never buy any other mags than GLOCK. I know im a newbie to glocks/firearms in general, but first look at the mags you can tell they are defiantly not of good as quality as glock. And i was expecting this cause they were only 9 bucks a pop, so it didnt bother me.

The problem is that one of the two magazines you have to basically SHOVE it into the gun and have to yank it out to get the mag out. Also, in both of them loading them past 11 for me was dam near impossible, i will probably have a blister on my thumb tomorrow lol. Just pressing down on the spring will cause the plate?(not sure of its name) to get stuck. I have a GLOCK 15 round mag so i tried swapping the springs out into the KCI mag, it helped a little. I was able to get all 15 rounds into the magazine, not easily though. It took me probably three times longer to load the KCI than the GLOCK mag. Even with the GLOCK spring in, the rounds would still get stuck when i tried to push them out with my thumb. i don't have this problem at all with the GLOCK mag.

I have not brought these magazines to the range yet and i don't think i will ever will, they will probably go in the trash. I wouldn't trust these at all for concealed carry due to possibility of a fail to fire or jam. and that's my .02 cents
loltom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 20:56   #45
kemet1953

Maybe you just may want to try the Glock 18 springs in them it just may work never can tell. Other wise KCI is Junk! The only exception if used in training only.

Last edited by kemet1953; 03-08-2010 at 22:19..
kemet1953 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 13:27   #46
Shaolin
Cobra Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug01 View Post
Is there a difference between the KCI and Kahn mags?

Doug
Nope the same.... Those Korean AK mags are great too!
Old 03-08-2010, 18:16   #47
Glockdomination

I got to try some of these.
Glockdomination is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 18:28   #48
Shaolin
Cobra Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glockdomination View Post
I got to try some of these.
44mag.com and militarygunsupply.com have them for 10 bucks a piece. so stock up before the price goes up...
Old 03-10-2010, 15:11   #49
ARMEDPILOT

KCI magazine Problem

I just installed and tested a KKM 40- 9mm conversion barrel in a G23, along with 4 KCI 15 rd 9 mm mags. The first 60 rounds were flawless. However the next 60 rounds I encountered 6 "stovepipes". I used the 4 KCIs in my G26 without problems a few weeks ago. No, i didn't install a 9mm ejector in the G23. That may be an option next. However, It will be with Glock OEM mags, not with 4 nockoffs which are in a 55 gallon trash can at the range. To be fair, they may work better in a 9mm Glock G19, but, I don't plan to buy one to see that happen. As a note, I have used Khan 17 rounders in my G24 with a KKM 40- 9mm conversion barrel .40 ejector and did not have a problem . Will report any further tests.

MOSSBERGS 930/500A/500/590
ARMEDPILOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 21:43   #50
Murgatroy

I bought four KCI mags. They came in today.

I have not fired them yet, however, I did load them all and feed them through my 19 to ensure they would all feed.

All four fed. No issues, the slide locked at empty.

I will get to the range this weekend and try them out.

IMO even of the springs go out and I have to replace the springs with Wolf @ $5 a piece, the mags cost me $7, so for a total investment of $12 a mag to be reliable, that is still half the cost of a Glock magazine.

However, with all that said, I will only carry my Glock mags. The KCIs are for the range and training. IMO if they do fail to feed, it is good practice.
Murgatroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 22:10   #51
Buzzo

I ordered 2 G17 and 2 G19 Mags. When I first got them the one thing that kind of worried me was how hard it was to feed ammo into them once they're close to being full. They also didn't feel as 'smooth' as the factory mags when feeding. I did have one out of the four have a couple rounds pop out after setting fulling loaded on the self.

All and all I feel they're great mags. I didn't have one problem at the range with any of them. I feel they're a great value, and I would order again.
Buzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 21:11   #52
Njanear
Nagant-ophile

In case anyone was interested in trying these out (as I am), CDNN has a couple of deals running for the Korean G17, G19 & G22 mags. It shows 2 mags & mag pouch for $14.99: http://www.cdnninvestments.com/specials.html

Shipping this weekend is only $5.99, if that makes it better.

To boot, they have the Glock mags going for $19.99 each (too bad there are no G20s there though, which is what I was looking for).
GlockTalk Clubs- #10 Georgia Glocker; #3745 Bull Dawgs; #600: 10 Ring, .40S&W, Sub Club, Long Slide, Niners, Wheelhouse, MilSurp, Rimfire, 1911, Black Rifle
Njanear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 18:15   #53
bulldog18

My Korean Mags Kick *****

I've shot more rounds through my Korean mags than my mags that were made in Austria. My Korean Mags Kick *****. No miss-feeds, jams, or cracked/chipped magazines. I sold all my Austria mags and purchased more ammo for the range.

Now if PMAG started making magazines for my Glock and my Ruger 10/22...I would be in MAG HEAVEN
Big Dawg #926
bulldog18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 22:07   #54
Murgatroy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murgatroy View Post
I bought four KCI mags. They came in today.

I have not fired them yet, however, I did load them all and feed them through my 19 to ensure they would all feed.

All four fed. No issues, the slide locked at empty.

I will get to the range this weekend and try them out.

IMO even of the springs go out and I have to replace the springs with Wolf @ $5 a piece, the mags cost me $7, so for a total investment of $12 a mag to be reliable, that is still half the cost of a Glock magazine.

However, with all that said, I will only carry my Glock mags. The KCIs are for the range and training. IMO if they do fail to feed, it is good practice.
I made it to the range today, and the KCI mags worked flawless. Frankly I couldn't tell the difference from the Glock magazines. I was more than impressed, and I ran each mag through at least two full cycles. I left them loaded from the night I bought them, which would be ~2 weeks ago, to today. No difficulties reloading.

The ONLY issue I did have, and it was more of a surprise than an issue. When dumping an empty and seating a full, the KCI mags seemed to release my slide and return it to battery. I didn't have this issue with the Glock mags, and it only happened a few times. This wasn't a problem exactly, but I was trying to acclimate myself to working the slide to chamber from a fresh magazine as opposed to using the slide release.
Murgatroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 06:47   #55
BHP9

[quote=Murgatroy;15016326]I made it to the range today, and the KCI mags worked flawless. Frankly I couldn't tell the difference from the Glock magazines. I was more than impressed, and I ran each mag through at least two full cycles. I left them loaded from the night I bought them, which would be ~2 weeks ago, to today. No difficulties reloading.

The ONLY issue I did have, and it was more of a surprise than an issue. When dumping an empty and seating a full, the KCI mags seemed to release my slide and return it to battery. I didn't have this issue with the Glock mags, and it only happened a few times. This wasn't a problem exactly, but I was trying to acclimate myself to working the slide to chamber from a fresh magazine as opposed to using the slide release.[/quote]

This is very common. I can do that with factory mags on my G17 & G35. A lot of IPSC/IDPA shooters rely on that, I don't because of Mr. Murphy.

Proud member of WTFDTSG Club.

IDPA SOI & IPSC RO.
BHP9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 10:46   #56
bulldog18

Both GLOCK and KCI mags release my slide and return it to battery..EASY FIX

[QUOTE=BHP9;15017474]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murgatroy View Post
I made it to the range today, and the KCI mags worked flawless. Frankly I couldn't tell the difference from the Glock magazines. I was more than impressed, and I ran each mag through at least two full cycles. I left them loaded from the night I bought them, which would be ~2 weeks ago, to today. No difficulties reloading.

The ONLY issue I did have, and it was more of a surprise than an issue. When dumping an empty and seating a full, the KCI mags seemed to release my slide and return it to battery. I didn't have this issue with the Glock mags, and it only happened a few times. This wasn't a problem exactly, but I was trying to acclimate myself to working the slide to chamber from a fresh magazine as opposed to using the slide release.[/quote]

This is very common. I can do that with factory mags on my G17 & G35. A lot of IPSC/IDPA shooters rely on that, I don't because of Mr. Murphy.
------------
See enclosed link to fix this http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1198861
Big Dawg #926
bulldog18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 10:59   #57
BHP9

[quote=bulldog18;15018377]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BHP9 View Post

------------
See enclosed link to fix this http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1198861
No issue.

I have had my Glocks since new and they did it from day one.

Proud member of WTFDTSG Club.

IDPA SOI & IPSC RO.
BHP9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 14:23   #58
FiftyCalAl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolin View Post
Nope the same.... Those Korean AK mags are great too!
are you saying the KCI and the KAHN are manufactured by the same folks and are the same mags?>
Old 06-13-2010, 14:30   #59
betyourlife
on a GLOCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiftyCalAl View Post
are you saying the KCI and the KAHN are manufactured by the same folks and are the same mags?>
I keep reading this, but I don't believe it. The polymer on the two feels different, with the KCI being VERY smooth.

Also, what would be the purpose of two different names if they are made by the same company?
betyourlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 16:36   #60
DRGNSLR

FWIW: I've had two of these in G17 flavor that I've used mostly for "range" use only. Felt very confident in their performance after a while so I loaded them up with 16 rounds each to use as "back-up" to my "back-up" to my "back-up" mags.

Went to rotate some of my ammo last night and discovered that after only three weeks in the gun safe the follower in both mags was somehow hanging up within the mag such that after removing 2-3 rounds I had to bang the magazine on my bench fairly sharply to get the follower to release and push the remaining rounds up to the mouth of the magazine.

Back to range only use for these dogs. I have 20 Glock mags so it's not that big of a deal but I wouldn't buy them again.