Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 12-31-2009, 20:44   #1
FlyfishermanMike

Which Ameriglo's for a Glock 30

I've settled on Ameriglo's for my 30. Which type I'm not sure yet. I like the idea of the green/yellow contrast so will probably go that direction. So which ones do people like? Classic, Operator or Pro Classic, Pro Operator? I like the idea of the Pro's. Any slightly large sight length helps on the G30. But I haven't heard/read much about the Pro's. Do they add extra height to the gun? Cons or the Pro's? Along the idea of contrast I'm liking the idea behind the Operators as well. Any thoughts/experiences/ideas are welcomed!

The gun is used for HD/SD (when my permit comes!), hiking/camping and fun.

^^ike
FlyfishermanMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 21:51   #2
RayB
Retired Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyfishermanMike View Post
I've settled on Ameriglo's for my 30. Which type I'm not sure yet. I like the idea of the green/yellow contrast so will probably go that direction. So which ones do people like? Classic, Operator or Pro Classic, Pro Operator? I like the idea of the Pro's. Any slightly large sight length helps on the G30. But I haven't heard/read much about the Pro's. Do they add extra height to the gun? Cons or the Pro's? Along the idea of contrast I'm liking the idea behind the Operators as well. Any thoughts/experiences/ideas are welcomed!

The gun is used for HD/SD (when my permit comes!), hiking/camping and fun.

^^ike

What a great pick!

The G30 (or maybe a G29) was to be my next purchase before the Hope and Change impacted my business.

I'd already picked up the Green/yellow Operator sights for the gun, too.

I suppose you could have my sights. How does $50.00 sound?

--Ray
RayB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 02:10   #3
FlyfishermanMike

Sure, I'll PM you and we can talk.

It doesn't look like you have PM's enabled so if you could PM me, thanks.

I looked at Ameriglo's site and my only concern is the warranty that states, "Night sight warranty is for the original purchaser only. Warranty on night sights is not transferable. Original receipt required for warranty service."

^^ike

Last edited by FlyfishermanMike; 01-01-2010 at 02:17.. Reason: More info
Old 01-02-2010, 21:45   #4
blindluck

I have a set of pro operators green/yellows on a glock 26. The pro operators came with a very narrow front sight which was actually too narrow for me and hard for my eyes to pick up quickly. I don't actually remember the front sight width and it's not listed on their website but believe it's .125". I then purchased a wider front sight which I believe is .140" and liked it a ton better. It was much more visible to me than the narrower sight while still allowing ample light in the rear sight. I really like the pronounced white ring surrounding the tritium capsule. However, if I were to do it all over again, I'd buy the same great yellow pro series operator rear sights and then get the pro glo front sight in .140" in the green tritium with orange luminova. This seems like the best sized front sight for the rears with the fastest possible front sight. I'd imagine this setup is brighter than the xs big dots which I personally didn't like after a short trial period. The pro glo is listed at the very bottom of the following page:
http://www.ameriglo.net/weapon_site/...nt_sights.html
blindluck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 20:14   #5
FlyfishermanMike

Thanks for the info. I'll look into that setup.

Hey RayB - pm or e-mail me!!! Let's talk!

^^ike