Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 01-01-2010, 01:34   #1
9mm +p+

AK slings?

Just got my long awaited Arsenal SLR-107F and love it, but it came with a military style sling that I just can't quite get installed. So I'm in the market for another sling, nothing fancy just a functional sling. Any suggestions? I'd prefer to keep price in the moderate range.
Old 01-01-2010, 09:56   #2
KYJoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9mm +p+ View Post
Just got my long awaited Arsenal SLR-107F and love it, but it came with a military style sling that I just can't quite get installed. So I'm in the market for another sling, nothing fancy just a functional sling. Any suggestions? I'd prefer to keep price in the moderate range.
The slings can be tricky to install the first time. It is one of those things that once you do it you realize how simple it is. A guy used to have a website that was primarily an overview of romanian AKs and included a lot of step by step gunsmithing tips. One item was on how to install a sling, and that was the only way I could figure it out the first time. I cannot find it, but maybe someone else has the link. The link in the sticky at the top of this sub-forum for the site I am referring to no longer works.
Old 01-01-2010, 11:10   #3
nickster

http://www.theakforum.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=90
nickster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 12:44   #4
9mm +p+

Well after lot's of fussing and cussing on my part, my infinetly more patient better half got it to work so it's installed now. It is a relatively simple thing but getting that snap ring through the buckle had me putting combos of words together that'd make sailor blush!
Old 01-01-2010, 14:41   #5
CarlosC
AK Fanatic

Quote:
Well after lot's of fussing and cussing on my part, my infinetly more patient better half got it to work so it's installed now. It is a relatively simple thing but getting that snap ring through the buckle had me putting combos of words together that'd make sailor blush!
Once you get the basic configuration down, it is really easy. Try inserting the snap ring on its side then turning it 90 degrees to insert the D-ring through the buckle.
Old 01-01-2010, 14:56   #6
RMTactical
CLM Number
www.AR15pro.net

AK slings are tricky because sling mounts are usually "set" on the rifle and they are not very easy to add a sling mount. Especially if you are going with a tactical sling.

Do you have a picture of the rifle and the sling mounts?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Due to inflation, my $.02 no longer matters.
RMTactical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 17:55   #7
scottMO

There's been some good reviews on these slings:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.htm...f=123&t=575743
Big Dawg #21.
scottMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 18:37   #8
Glocker08

Quote:
Here ya go.http://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=880 It's really easy.

The sling in the pics is a Bulgarian and so is your new AK, so you could with one of those. Cope's has them for $15
Glocker08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 03:18   #9
Flinter
Hornady Fan

Damn you really covered you bases here. At least 3 different forums with three different names. You get around dude.
Old 01-02-2010, 17:27   #10
KYJoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flinter View Post
Damn you really covered you bases here. At least 3 different forums with three different names. You get around dude.
Sounds like you do too.
Old 01-02-2010, 22:50   #11
Flinter
Hornady Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by KYJoe View Post
Sounds like you do too.
Oh yeah.
Old 01-03-2010, 01:03   #12
9mm +p+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flinter View Post
Yep, I believe in having all of my base covered and when I'm interested in something I try to get ALL of the info that I can. With the other 2 forums I couldn't use my screename that I like as it was taken so I had to make up others.
Here's a pic of it:
The Kalashnikov Klub

Not a great pic but it's the only one I have now, it's been so friggin cold the eskimos are hibernating
Old 01-05-2010, 00:29   #13
Glocker08

Quote:
Yep, I believe in having all of my base covered and when I'm interested in something I try to get ALL of the info that I can. With the other 2 forums I couldn't use my screename that I like as it was taken so I had to make up others.
Here's a pic of it:
The Kalashnikov Klub

Not a great pic but it's the only one I have now, it's been so friggin cold the eskimos are hibernating
It looks like you put a Russky sling on a Bulgy. That's funny,I put a Bulgy sling on a Russky.
Glocker08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 14:58   #14
WIG19
Light left on

Straight-up functional sling, easy to attach, really tough and long enough that you can actually use it whether you're in shorts & flipflops, or look like the Michelin-man because you're training out in the real cold.

http://www.onesourcetactical.com/ind...OD&ProdID=1223
Don't look back.

Also, if you have a folder, the back end has plenty that you can actually loop it around the strut and not get all hogged up because the sling point (folded) is on the "wrong" side of the gun.

Last edited by WIG19; 01-15-2010 at 15:01..
WIG19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 23:13   #15
Porkchop
Avtomat 1947

Quote:
Originally Posted by WIG19 View Post
Straight-up functional sling, easy to attach, really tough and long enough that you can actually use it whether you're in shorts & flipflops, or look like the Michelin-man because you're training out in the real cold.

http://www.onesourcetactical.com/ind...OD&ProdID=1223
Don't look back.

Also, if you have a folder, the back end has plenty that you can actually loop it around the strut and not get all hogged up because the sling point (folded) is on the "wrong" side of the gun.
perfect.that exactly what i have been looking for.thanks for the link
Old 01-16-2010, 23:53   #16
9mm +p+

I got one from a member of AKforum, called an Israeli Silent sling. It's a new one to me but is very well(US) made and is much more comfortable than the military sling. Easy to install and priced right to boot!