Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

 
  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2010, 01:34   #1
9mm +p+
Senior Member
 
9mm +p+'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: KS
Posts: 2,430
AK slings?

Just got my long awaited Arsenal SLR-107F and love it, but it came with a military style sling that I just can't quite get installed. So I'm in the market for another sling, nothing fancy just a functional sling. Any suggestions? I'd prefer to keep price in the moderate range.
__________________
Si vis pacem parabellum
9mm +p+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 09:56   #2
KYJoe
Senior Member
 
KYJoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Good Ole Ken Tuck
Posts: 759
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9mm +p+ View Post
Just got my long awaited Arsenal SLR-107F and love it, but it came with a military style sling that I just can't quite get installed. So I'm in the market for another sling, nothing fancy just a functional sling. Any suggestions? I'd prefer to keep price in the moderate range.
The slings can be tricky to install the first time. It is one of those things that once you do it you realize how simple it is. A guy used to have a website that was primarily an overview of romanian AKs and included a lot of step by step gunsmithing tips. One item was on how to install a sling, and that was the only way I could figure it out the first time. I cannot find it, but maybe someone else has the link. The link in the sticky at the top of this sub-forum for the site I am referring to no longer works.
__________________
I fear the growing, powerful, willful ignorance, born of strong yet irrational tribal loyalties that have led us down a path of no return.
KYJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 11:10   #3
nickster
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: way out west
Posts: 186
http://www.theakforum.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=90
nickster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 12:44   #4
9mm +p+
Senior Member
 
9mm +p+'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: KS
Posts: 2,430
Well after lot's of fussing and cussing on my part, my infinetly more patient better half got it to work so it's installed now. It is a relatively simple thing but getting that snap ring through the buckle had me putting combos of words together that'd make sailor blush!
__________________
Si vis pacem parabellum
9mm +p+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 14:41   #5
CarlosC
AK Fanatic
 
CarlosC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: DFW area, TX
Posts: 4,302
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9mm +p+ View Post
Well after lot's of fussing and cussing on my part, my infinetly more patient better half got it to work so it's installed now. It is a relatively simple thing but getting that snap ring through the buckle had me putting combos of words together that'd make sailor blush!
Once you get the basic configuration down, it is really easy. Try inserting the snap ring on its side then turning it 90 degrees to insert the D-ring through the buckle.
__________________
Pittsburgh Steelers fan till the day I die, and then some.
CarlosC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 14:56   #6
RMTactical
CLM Number
www.AR15pro.net
 
RMTactical's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Behind an AR-15
Posts: 29,889


AK slings are tricky because sling mounts are usually "set" on the rifle and they are not very easy to add a sling mount. Especially if you are going with a tactical sling.

Do you have a picture of the rifle and the sling mounts?
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.


Due to inflation, my $.02 no longer matters.
RMTactical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 17:55   #7
scottMO
Moderator
 
scottMO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 1998
Location: LR Arkansas
Posts: 2,325


There's been some good reviews on these slings:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.htm...f=123&t=575743
__________________
Big Dawg #21.
scottMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 18:37   #8
Glocker08
Senior Member
 
Glocker08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,863
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9mm +p+ View Post
Just got my long awaited Arsenal SLR-107F and love it, but it came with a military style sling that I just can't quite get installed. So I'm in the market for another sling, nothing fancy just a functional sling. Any suggestions? I'd prefer to keep price in the moderate range.
Here ya go.http://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=880 It's really easy.

The sling in the pics is a Bulgarian and so is your new AK, so you could with one of those. Cope's has them for $15
Glocker08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 03:18   #9
Flinter
Hornady Fan
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Home, Sweet Home
Posts: 587
Damn you really covered you bases here. At least 3 different forums with three different names. You get around dude.
__________________
RIA 1911A1, G19, P22 3.4 & 5"
Remington 870 Wingmaster Police, Remington 700 SP .308, 3 awesome ARs in the build phase
Flinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 17:27   #10
KYJoe
Senior Member
 
KYJoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Good Ole Ken Tuck
Posts: 759
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flinter View Post
Damn you really covered you bases here. At least 3 different forums with three different names. You get around dude.
Sounds like you do too.
__________________
I fear the growing, powerful, willful ignorance, born of strong yet irrational tribal loyalties that have led us down a path of no return.
KYJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 22:50   #11
Flinter
Hornady Fan
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Home, Sweet Home
Posts: 587
Quote:
Originally Posted by KYJoe View Post
Sounds like you do too.
Oh yeah.
__________________
RIA 1911A1, G19, P22 3.4 & 5"
Remington 870 Wingmaster Police, Remington 700 SP .308, 3 awesome ARs in the build phase
Flinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 01:03   #12
9mm +p+
Senior Member
 
9mm +p+'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: KS
Posts: 2,430
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flinter View Post
Damn you really covered you bases here. At least 3 different forums with three different names. You get around dude.
Yep, I believe in having all of my base covered and when I'm interested in something I try to get ALL of the info that I can. With the other 2 forums I couldn't use my screename that I like as it was taken so I had to make up others.
Here's a pic of it:
The Kalashnikov Klub

Not a great pic but it's the only one I have now, it's been so friggin cold the eskimos are hibernating
__________________
Si vis pacem parabellum
9mm +p+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 00:29   #13
Glocker08
Senior Member
 
Glocker08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,863
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9mm +p+ View Post
Yep, I believe in having all of my base covered and when I'm interested in something I try to get ALL of the info that I can. With the other 2 forums I couldn't use my screename that I like as it was taken so I had to make up others.
Here's a pic of it:
The Kalashnikov Klub

Not a great pic but it's the only one I have now, it's been so friggin cold the eskimos are hibernating
It looks like you put a Russky sling on a Bulgy. That's funny,I put a Bulgy sling on a Russky.
Glocker08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 14:58   #14
WIG19
Light left on
 
WIG19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Renegade State
Posts: 9,385
Straight-up functional sling, easy to attach, really tough and long enough that you can actually use it whether you're in shorts & flipflops, or look like the Michelin-man because you're training out in the real cold.

http://www.onesourcetactical.com/ind...OD&ProdID=1223
Don't look back.

Also, if you have a folder, the back end has plenty that you can actually loop it around the strut and not get all hogged up because the sling point (folded) is on the "wrong" side of the gun.
__________________
"Telling someone they're about to step on a landmine isn't a threat - it's good manners."
- Mike

Last edited by WIG19; 01-15-2010 at 15:01..
WIG19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 23:13   #15
Porkchop
Avtomat 1947
 
Porkchop's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Western N.C. Mountains
Posts: 1,061
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIG19 View Post
Straight-up functional sling, easy to attach, really tough and long enough that you can actually use it whether you're in shorts & flipflops, or look like the Michelin-man because you're training out in the real cold.

http://www.onesourcetactical.com/ind...OD&ProdID=1223
Don't look back.

Also, if you have a folder, the back end has plenty that you can actually loop it around the strut and not get all hogged up because the sling point (folded) is on the "wrong" side of the gun.
perfect.that exactly what i have been looking for.thanks for the link
__________________
The Kalashnikov Club # 1987AK
"You could shape a turd like a 7.62 round and put a primer in that turd and the AK would fire it"
Porkchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 23:53   #16
9mm +p+
Senior Member
 
9mm +p+'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: KS
Posts: 2,430
I got one from a member of AKforum, called an Israeli Silent sling. It's a new one to me but is very well(US) made and is much more comfortable than the military sling. Easy to install and priced right to boot!
__________________
Si vis pacem parabellum
9mm +p+ is offline   Reply With Quote

 
  
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:06.




Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 829
233 Members
596 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,672
Aug 11, 2014 at 2:31