Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 01-02-2010, 05:42   #1
DLL9mm

Couple questions....

I just bought my first GAP pistol yesterday(G37) I took it home and detail stripped it and cleaned it. It was barely used, but I still like to check and clean everything. I noticed that the trigger pull feels different than my other Glocks(G19, etc) Another thing I noticed....When you pull the trigger on my G19 or any other Glock and shake it, the firing pin(or whatever it is) rattles until you reset the trigger. My G37 Does NOT rattle. I detail stripped everything in the slide to make sure it was clean. Everything looks good and clean. Is it normal for it not to rattle when shaken? The G37 does fire and all the parts look new.
DLL9mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 09:29   #2
DannyR

Did you remove, clean and replace the firing pin safety and spring? I always worry when a non-armorer details strips a Glock, as there are little nuances, not shown on youtube or aftermarket videos, that are very important, like correctly re-seating the firing pin safety spring.

I use long handled cotton swabs (Q-Tips), available from MidwayUSA, to clean the firing pin channel, firing pin safety channel and extractor channel.
Bull Dawg #1

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
DannyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 11:28   #3
DLL9mm

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyR View Post
Did you remove, clean and replace the firing pin safety and spring? I always worry when a non-armorer details strips a Glock, as there are little nuances, not shown on youtube or aftermarket videos, that are very important, like correctly re-seating the firing pin safety spring.

I use long handled cotton swabs (Q-Tips), available from MidwayUSA, to clean the firing pin channel, firing pin safety channel and extractor channel.
Thanks for the reply....How should the spring be re-seated? The firing pin didn't rattle when I first got it, thats why I stripped it. Should it rattle when shaken after the trigger is pulled? Thanks again
Old 01-02-2010, 13:49   #4
DLL9mm

Ok. I went back and stripped it again, took everything apart and put it back together. Trigger-pull still feels and sounds weird. However now the spring rattles sometimes(sometimes pull the trigger and shake it, it rattles. Sometimes I pull the trigger and shake it, Nothing...No rattle) Strange. Just put 50 rounds through it with no problem....EXCEPT, one of my mags does not lock the slide back on the last round. The other mag works perfect.
Anyways, it is a nice shooting pistol and very accurate. I like it. I ordered a few more mags also.
Old 01-02-2010, 16:59   #5
DLL9mm

DannyR: Do you think that it is possible that my G37 has a G17 trigger bar/trigger in it? I see that they are 2 different part #'s. The gun fires perfect, and the firing pin channel is very clean. IF I had a G17 trigger/trigger bar in my G37, would it even fire? I need to order one of those orange inspection plates so I can see whats going on. Anyways thanks for your help.
Old 01-02-2010, 17:24   #6
DannyR

The trigger bars are different, and I think the difference is in the clearance for the larger cartridge. No effect on the rattle or lack thereof. When replacing the trigger safety spring you need to gently twist it on, locking it into the trigger safety. The orange half cover plate is an essential tool.
Bull Dawg #1

Old 01-03-2010, 10:33   #7
DLL9mm

DannyR: Thanks for all your help. I took everything apart again and reassembled, now it seems fine.
Another question....My G37 is an older one(2003 I think) After doing some reading, I noticed I have the Bad Magazines. One is fine, but one will not lock the slide back on the last round. Is Glock still replacing these? Thanks again.
Old 01-03-2010, 11:54   #8
DannyR

Call 1-770-432-1202 and ask for Fred in Warranty Service.
Bull Dawg #1

Old 01-03-2010, 13:50   #9
DLL9mm

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyR View Post
Call 1-770-432-1202 and ask for Fred in Warranty Service.
Thank-you sir. I will give them a call.
Old 01-12-2010, 19:01   #10
DLL9mm

UPDATE:
I came to the conclusion that my G37 had the incorrect trigger/trigger bar in it. I ordered a new one from OMB and noticed it looked different. The little hook that engages the firing-pin safety has a Dimple on it. My old one didn't. Also the hook sits alittle higher than my old trigger bar/trigger. So I installed the new one, and now my trigger pull sounds and feels normal.....And the firing pin rattles when the trigger is pulled and you shake the pistol. My G37 is one of the first ones made also if that makes a difference. I am glad that I fixed it.
Old 01-13-2010, 17:13   #11
tampashooters
Shellback

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLL9mm View Post
UPDATE:
I came to the conclusion that my G37 had the incorrect trigger/trigger bar in it. I ordered a new one from OMB and noticed it looked different. The little hook that engages the firing-pin safety has a Dimple on it. My old one didn't. Also the hook sits alittle higher than my old trigger bar/trigger. So I installed the new one, and now my trigger pull sounds and feels normal.....And the firing pin rattles when the trigger is pulled and you shake the pistol. My G37 is one of the first ones made also if that makes a difference. I am glad that I fixed it.
Hmmmm, you never know what people do to used guns... always inspect them before purchasing....

tampashooters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 17:58   #12
DLL9mm

Quote:
Originally Posted by tampashooters View Post
Hmmmm, you never know what people do to used guns... always inspect them before purchasing....
Either the previous owner installed the wrong trigger/trigger bar OR Glock made a mistake. The G37 fired fine before, but It sounded strange when dry-fired and the firing pin didn't rattle when shaken/trigger pulled.
The gun was like new when I bought it with the copper grease still in it.