SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 08-14-2012, 21:37   #1
crimdelacrim

Has anybody else had this nightmare?

First time glocker here,
Ever since I fired my first glock a few months back(gen 3 glock 19), I have had the same nightmare 3 or 4 times. I will draw my glock and fire in a really intense life or death situation and either A.) All of my bullets are squib loads or B.) my glock constantly gets a stove pipe jam or a combination of the situations. My glock has performed pretty much flawlessly (pretty much because after about 200 rounds of cheap ammo it did stove pipe once) so I really have no reason to fathom such an event happening. I guess it is kind of like the driving a car with no brakes nightmare. Anyway, I will wake up and, to my relief, find myself in a world where glocks cycle just fine. Am I alone on this one? Apologies in advance if anyone has this nightmare now because I used inception on you haha.
Regards-
Crim
crimdelacrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 21:41   #2
PAGunner

Sigmund Freud would say that your dream means you feel sexually inadequate, at least that was his theory on dreams like that, but I don't buy it. Put more rounds down range, take defensive pistol classes, maybe shoot IDPA if you can I bet those dreams to away.
Old 08-14-2012, 21:43   #3
Gun Shark

Send a message via AIM to Gun Shark Send a message via MSN to Gun Shark Send a message via Yahoo to Gun Shark

I haven't had that specific dream. but I have had the dreams in where all of my COM shots miss(at 7 feet), all of my shots connect, but do nothing, and also the one where everytime I pull the trigger, and the bullets just drop when exiting the muzzle.

"No freeman shall ever be debarred the use of arms." --Thomas Jefferson

"Age is an issue of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter."
Gun Shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 21:46   #4
stolenphot0
RTF2 Addict

Nope not my nightmare. Though I did dream that I had to have my 9 year old daughter load my 17s for more firepower because of a home invasion.

I also had another intense dream one night that woke me up because my kids were kidnapped and I wasn't carrying.
stolenphot0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 21:56   #5
mj9mm

although the purpose of buying and practice maybe for life saving self defense, try to lighten up your practicing and enjoy the fun side of shooting. maybe some zombie targets would reduce your stress, or atleast change the theme of your nightmares
mj9mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 22:03   #6
crimdelacrim

haha thanks. I definitely DO plan on practicing more and taking a class as soon as my concealed carry goes through (enhanced carry class actually). And trust me, I have as much fun as safely possible when I am practicing. It's like Mau from Inception. Just wont go away haha. Maybe I'll just have to "dream a little bigger, darling."
Attached Thumbnails
Carry Issues - Click for larger version  

Last edited by crimdelacrim; 08-14-2012 at 22:07..
Old 08-14-2012, 22:04   #7
Glock Authority

Yes, I have the same dream very similar to yours. I can actually see the rounds coming out and bouncing off the intruder. Also something is always wrong with the gun when I go to fire it...
Glock Authority is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 22:08   #8
youngdocglock

Only dreams i ever have is fist fight dreams. never gun dreams. However in my dreams i go to hit someone in a life or death situation and im moving so slow that a fine layer of dust could accumulate on my knuckles :-p
Old 08-14-2012, 22:15   #9
crimdelacrim

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngdocglock View Post
Only dreams i ever have is fist fight dreams. never gun dreams. However in my dreams i go to hit someone in a life or death situation and im moving so slow that a fine layer of dust could accumulate on my knuckles :-p
Woah I have had this dream too. I will be defending myself and my punches are ineffective. I can't say I have gotten in a shoot out before but have been in a couple of unavoidable fist fights where I did alright haha so you would think I wouldn't dream about that. In the dream, I'll just be punching but when the punches land, there is no force behind them. Judging from my nightmares, my worst fear is being a dry-firing wuss haha
Old 08-14-2012, 22:32   #10
theSteve

Quote:

I've have definitely had this dream as well. Also, whenever I have a dream that using my gun to defend me, it feels like I have to use every ounce of my might to pull the trigger.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor info
theSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 22:46   #11
token5gtd

Quote:
Originally Posted by theSteve View Post
I've have definitely had this dream as well. Also, whenever I have a dream that using my gun to defend me, it feels like I have to use every ounce of my might to pull the trigger.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor info
Holy hell man, I was JUST about to post this one... I've had this dream several times, feels like my G27 has 100lb trigger... as well as the ineffective bullets dream since I started carrying.

I shoot every week and have had to defend myself with my hands a few times in the past. I'm not afraid of confrontation and though I wish no harm on any person would have no problem using my ccw to defend my life.

I believe our dreams could be from the subconscious thoughts/knowing of the responsibilities we have placed on ourselves by carrying and the consequences we now may be subject to.

I find it amazing that we all have the same dreams... says something about the human mind.

Last edited by token5gtd; 08-14-2012 at 22:55..
token5gtd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 00:00   #12
JW1178

It's kind of like when you first start driving or anything else, you have that dream of being out of control. It will go away.

My dream was the trigger was so stiff I couldn't pull it. So I resorted to pistol whipping the the SOB but then the gun felt like it was it was attached to a spring behind me.
JW1178 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 03:37   #13
CVO

Wtf.............................
CVO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 08:12   #14
NMGlock79

Op....

Threads like this are the reason this message board is the laughing stock of Internet gun websites....

If this is really a concern for you, spend the $$$ and get some real gun training, take a few defensive pistol courses and actually learn how to use your new gun.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine
NMGlock79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 08:44   #15
Nitmare2k

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimdelacrim View Post
First time glocker here,
Ever since I fired my first glock a few months back(gen 3 glock 19), I have had the same nightmare 3 or 4 times. I will draw my glock and fire in a really intense life or death situation and either A.) All of my bullets are squib loads or B.) my glock constantly gets a stove pipe jam or a combination of the situations. My glock has performed pretty much flawlessly (pretty much because after about 200 rounds of cheap ammo it did stove pipe once) so I really have no reason to fathom such an event happening. I guess it is kind of like the driving a car with no brakes nightmare. Anyway, I will wake up and, to my relief, find myself in a world where glocks cycle just fine. Am I alone on this one? Apologies in advance if anyone has this nightmare now because I used inception on you haha.
Regards-
Crim
It is called lack of confidence, pratice pratice pratice once you get to the point that you can draw, target and shoot without much thought the dream will change. After training in Martial arts for most of my life I am well aware of the dreams it will change...
Enjoy
Nitmare2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 08:55   #16
emguy

My nightmare is always the same. I try to pull the trigger but it is stiff and doesn't work, nothing happens at all, or the gun somehow falls apart. If I am every lucky enough for the gun to work, it has no effect on the target.
emguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 09:26   #17
kenndapp

I have the same dreams..... Usually gun doesn't work or is ineffective. Sometimes I am punching in slow motion while the other guy moves at full speed. I didn't know theese types of dreams were so common. Well I feel better.
kenndapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 09:35   #18
youngdocglock

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimdelacrim View Post
Woah I have had this dream too. I will be defending myself and my punches are ineffective. I can't say I have gotten in a shoot out before but have been in a couple of unavoidable fist fights where I did alright haha so you would think I wouldn't dream about that. In the dream, I'll just be punching but when the punches land, there is no force behind them. Judging from my nightmares, my worst fear is being a dry-firing wuss haha
Looks like we all drank the same tainted water

I'm a Former Marine, I studied Krav Maga, I have a black belt in Kickboxing so i KNOW when i swing at something, it works but for some reason my mind wants me to believe in a fight it will be all freeze frame and im a pansy............hmmm lmao
Old 08-15-2012, 10:39   #19
stolenphot0
RTF2 Addict

Quote:
Looks like we all drank the same tainted water

I'm a Former Marine, I studied Krav Maga, I have a black belt in Kickboxing so i KNOW when i swing at something, it works but for some reason my mind wants me to believe in a fight it will be all freeze frame and im a pansy............hmmm lmao
Ever have the "running in slow motion" dream? I have that one. I still have some speed on me for being 34, but in my dreams I can't even run, I look like Urkel trying to run.
stolenphot0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 11:01   #20
crimdelacrim

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMGlock79 View Post
Op....

Threads like this are the reason this message board is the laughing stock of Internet gun websites....

If this is really a concern for you, spend the $$$ and get some real gun training, take a few defensive pistol courses and actually learn how to use your new gun.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine
I have always felt that forums shouldn't take themselves too seriously but if I have in some way marred the website then feel free to request to have the thread moved or whatever.

I am very busy. I am currently getting my masters and trying to get into med school all at the same time. I spend as much time as I possibly can practicing and, like I stated earlier, will be taking a course as soon as I can. That is about as much of my personal life that I care to share.

The whole idea of a nightmare like this is comical. Of course we live in a world where things usually do their job and the normal laws of physics and reason apply. Even though I am relatively new to glock, I am very familiar with their take down and have shot hundreds of rounds through mine. I will always think I need more practice, but in real life, I am 100% confident in my ability to defend myself if needed. I just thought the dream was interesting/funny and that other people experienced the same thing.