Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 01-02-2010, 17:09   #21
SCmasterblaster

One Very Good Reason to CCW 24/7

I do not want to have some lawyer in front of a judge/jury implying that I was guilty of murder because I thought way ahead of time to get my handgun from my bedroom in my distant house and shoot the deceased scumbag who had kidnapped my daughter in front of my unarmed person.
Old 01-02-2010, 17:32   #22
Laramie In MT

Send a message via AIM to Laramie In MT Send a message via Yahoo to Laramie In MT

Do you wear a seatbelt 24/7...or only when you're doing 80 down an icy patch of country road at midnight?

24/7
Laramie In MT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 19:08   #23
David Armstrong

Many folks are somewhat selective of when they carry. While it is true that you never know when you will need it, the same can be said about lots of other things we selectively carry at various times. Someone who actually carries 24/7/365 and is not in a combat zone, folks that carry in the shower, folks that sleep cuddled up to the gun like it was a teddy bear, etc......well, no need to comment further, IMO. If you can't tell the difference between a relatively safe location and a relatively bad location you have a lot worse problem than if you should carry a gun or not, IMO.
David Armstrong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 19:15   #24
DScottHewitt
EMT-B

Send a message via AIM to DScottHewitt Send a message via Yahoo to DScottHewitt
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbnfl View Post
I was just curious if most of us carry 24/7 or just part time (when going to bad parts of town, or late at night). I'm guessing some leave it in their vehicle. I'm new and have my permit, but I'm still getting into the habit.
If you are going to just carry "when needed", I hope your Spidey Sense is under warranty. THE DAY will not announce itself.....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
DScottHewitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 19:19   #25
DScottHewitt
EMT-B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misty02 View Post
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...hooting_t.html<o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
The people in the story on the link above gathered for a family Thanksgiving dinner in a relatively safe neighborhood. I doubt any of them thought they would need a firearm that day.<o:p></o:p>

I got "made" at Thanksgiving dinner at my Aunt's. My cousin just got his CHP and was carrying. Noticed I had extra bumps. Asked me what I was carrying and lifted his coat to show his Sigma.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Old 01-02-2010, 19:23   #26
DScottHewitt
EMT-B

Quote:
Originally Posted by garebel View Post
24/7 too!

Wherever legal.
Hopefully, that part will expand substantially with the coming legislative session here in Georgia.
Same here is Virginia. Already some Bills waiting on the new session that affect the Second Amendment Right. And we hope we can get McDonnell to sign the law for concealed carry to be okay in places like Applebee's. I don't drink. But can't CCW in a place that serves alcohol.

Old 01-02-2010, 19:24   #27
USMCSergeant

I carry 24/7, I'm not so good at predicting the future.
USMCSergeant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 19:25   #28
DScottHewitt
EMT-B

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Armstrong View Post
Many folks are somewhat selective of when they carry. While it is true that you never know when you will need it, the same can be said about lots of other things we selectively carry at various times. Someone who actually carries 24/7/365 and is not in a combat zone, folks that carry in the shower, folks that sleep cuddled up to the gun like it was a teddy bear, etc......well, no need to comment further, IMO. If you can't tell the difference between a relatively safe location and a relatively bad location you have a lot worse problem than if you should carry a gun or not, IMO.
"Relatively" leaves a lot of room. Bad stuff can happen anywhere. The mall. The Wal*Mart. YOUR CHURCH.

Old 01-02-2010, 19:26   #29
packinaglock
John 3:16 <><

24/7, 365
Old 01-02-2010, 19:36   #30
dnuggett
PRO 2A

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Armstrong View Post
Agreed on the shower, etc.

I'm curious, how do you make the determination that a place you are about to go to is safe enough to not carry?
dnuggett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 19:39   #31
wrenrj1

When I legally can 100% of the time.
Old 01-02-2010, 19:45   #32
Hairy

I take mine off in the surf....
CERTIFIED GLOCK ARMORER
Hairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 20:00   #33
racer88
NRA & SAF mbr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hairy View Post
I take mine off in the surf....
Why? Glocks don't mind the saltwater. I should design and patent a neoprene holster! That way you can pick off the sharks as you surf!
Old 01-02-2010, 21:18   #34
Diesel_Bomber

If I knew when/where it was going to be needed I'd make sure to be SOMEWHERE ELSE at that time.

Carry 24/7, with very very few exceptions. Ironically, the only exception I can remember has been to the sheriff's office to renew my CHL.

Diesel_Bomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 21:19   #35
Glock21sf-miami

24/7!
Glock21sf-miami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 21:25   #36
TnGlocker12

Send a message via AIM to TnGlocker12
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrenrj1 View Post
When I legally can 100% of the time.
+1 Normally a revolver in my jean's pocket.
Old 01-02-2010, 21:29   #37
Hef
Stop Obammunism

If you're not going to carry it all the time, why carry it at all? You're gambling with your life.
Old 01-02-2010, 21:33   #38
GlockontheRocks

The one morning I did need it, it was'nt one me. It's on or close by 24/7 now. You don't and can't predict the future. Learn from other's lessons and heed the advice.
GlockontheRocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 21:40   #39
dad1

Took mine off to shower once, I just felt sooo naked.
24/7
dad1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 21:45   #40
Misty02

Quote:
Originally Posted by DScottHewitt View Post
I got "made" at Thanksgiving dinner at my Aunt's. My cousin just got his CHP and was carrying. Noticed I had extra bumps. Asked me what I was carrying and lifted his coat to show his Sigma.
A family bonding moment! I think it would be kind of cool if something like that happened in our family gatherings.

.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

"In making tactical dispositions, the highest pitch you can attain is to conceal them." - Sun Tzu

Outpost Member #69
Misty02 is offline   Reply With Quote