GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 01-02-2010, 21:46   #41
VB14

What holster do you all use when you sleep?
VB14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 22:02   #42
fmfdocglock

Increasing

I got my CCP about 8 or 9 months ago.

I am carrying much more. All weekend. Sometimes week nights.

I cant carry at work, or even have a firearm in my vehicle at work.
fmfdocglock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 23:37   #43
HogGlocker
Owner Since 88'

Well, Uncle Sam does not allow me to carry while on duty...[no need for smart ass comments....thats how it is]....I do not go places known to be of issue and I am armed otherwise when in my home or off duty and outside my home.

This is as 24/7 as I can get.
Old 01-02-2010, 23:47   #44
John Galt
Anti-Federalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by VB14 View Post
Uncle Mikes ankle holster.

The only person that makes slavery possible... is the slave.
John Galt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 23:53   #45
DScottHewitt
EMT-B

Send a message via AIM to DScottHewitt Send a message via Yahoo to DScottHewitt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misty02 View Post
A family bonding moment! I think it would be kind of cool if something like that happened in our family gatherings.

.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
It was kinda cool. We discussed it a lot. A mutual friend I met through Frankie Lee knowing him also carries. I'm gonna suggest we look into forming a local group, or see if one is already active around here.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
DScottHewitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 23:55   #46
DScottHewitt
EMT-B

Quote:
Originally Posted by VB14 View Post
Same one I carry with. Familiarity and all, you know.

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i2...t/IMG_2236.jpg

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i2...t/IMG_2237.jpg

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i2...t/IMG_2238.jpg

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i2...t/IMG_2239.jpg

Hooks inside my FtLs just as easy as it hooks inside a pair of jeans.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Old 01-02-2010, 23:57   #47
DScottHewitt
EMT-B

Quote:
Originally Posted by HogGlocker View Post
Well, Uncle Sam does not allow me to carry while on duty...[no need for smart ass comments....thats how it is]....I do not go places known to be of issue and I am armed otherwise when in my home or off duty and outside my home.

This is as 24/7 as I can get.

No comments directed at you.

It's unfortunate that the lesson of Fort Hood was addressed backwards.....

Old 01-03-2010, 07:33   #48
ffemt65

Got my CCP about 6 months ago. Didn't carry much at first until I became "comfortable" with my G23 and put about 200 rounds through it. I have owned a gun for about 6 months and put out about 500 rounds. I'm now carrying 99.9% of the time. Not allowed to carry it at work or even have it in my vehicle at work. Besides that it's on me 24/7. Unfortunately my G23 is in the shop. Don't have a backup yet but that is going to be my next purchase. Looking at a G27.
Old 01-03-2010, 08:07   #49
Misty02

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmfdocglock View Post
I got my CCP about 8 or 9 months ago.

I am carrying much more. All weekend. Sometimes week nights.

I cant carry at work, or even have a firearm in my vehicle at work.
Thatís different. There are places where I cannot carry as well. You have to weigh your risk versus your return. It doesnít make it any less of a gamble, but it is nonetheless necessary at times.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>
They have a very strict no weapons policy where I work. I donít carry there. Itís a calculated gamble Iíve accepted. Check your state laws and carefully read your employee handbook. Our policy states that having a firearm in the parking lot provided for employees is strictly forbidden; however, they added wording where that would be different depending on local/state laws. That part of the employee manual is modified by FL law; this allows me to store my gun in the car safe. While I still cannot carry at work, it doesnít mean I have to make my trip or errands I may run after work unarmed.<o:p></o:p>

"In making tactical dispositions, the highest pitch you can attain is to conceal them." - Sun Tzu

Outpost Member #69
Misty02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 08:40   #50
Blitzer
Cool Cat

Send a message via AIM to Blitzer Send a message via Yahoo to Blitzer
As close to 24/7 as possible.

Been in lots of pain since the weather went cold, carry a derringer in my pocket while around the house.
Old 01-03-2010, 08:53   #51
mad.gunsmith
Silver Membership
Life NRA member

24/7 and 365 days a year! I am never unarmed.

Quote:
You, Sir, are already a hero in my eyes.
mad.gunsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 09:46   #52
Geezer Glide
NRA Life Member

Pocket carry inside the house and IWB out of the house. Right beside me when I sleep.
Geezer Glide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 11:44   #53
David Armstrong

Quote:
Originally Posted by DScottHewitt View Post
"Relatively" leaves a lot of room. Bad stuff can happen anywhere. The mall. The Wal*Mart. YOUR CHURCH.
Yes, bad stuff can happen anywhere. A tiger might just jump out of your closet and eat you. But I think you are relatively safe from that most places in the U.S.
David Armstrong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 11:47   #54
JohnP82

I never leave home without it! The only time I take my handgun off is if I am going into a building that does not allow firearms.
JohnP82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 11:52   #55
David Armstrong

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnuggett View Post
Agreed on the shower, etc.

I'm curious, how do you make the determination that a place you are about to go to is safe enough to not carry?
First, most places I go I feel are safe enough to not carry. I would and do try to avoid places where I think it is not safe to go unless I have a gun on me. But with that....
History certainly impacts it, as well as surroundings. For example, I really don't worry about being attacked by someone while I am at the local PD. Now, should the U.S. become more like some other countries, where that area becomes more of a target, I might change that feeling.
What other protections are available? I don't walk around with a gun on me while at home. Guns are available and getting through the perimeter is difficult and will take time. Sure, if someone wants to drive an 18-wheeler through the front window I'm toast, but again, that just isn't very likely.

Basiclly, for me, it involves a simple rational assessment of what the danger to me is, what controls are available, and how much difficulty there is in reducing potential problems.
David Armstrong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 12:24   #56
racer88
NRA & SAF mbr

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Armstrong View Post
Yes, bad stuff can happen anywhere. A tiger might just jump out of your closet and eat you. But I think you are relatively safe from that most places in the U.S.
Funny you should say that. Several months ago, I found out a neighbor (about 1/2 mile as the crow flies) has TIGERS! No kidding. I found out because the local news had a story about an ESCAPED TIGER. I live in a semi-rural area (1-acre lots, no HOA). I've been here six years, and I had no idea that tigers resided a very short distance from my house.

Go figure, eh!
Old 01-03-2010, 13:10   #57
dnuggett
PRO 2A

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Armstrong View Post
First, most places I go I feel are safe enough to not carry. I would and do try to avoid places where I think it is not safe to go unless I have a gun on me. But with that....
History certainly impacts it, as well as surroundings. For example, I really don't worry about being attacked by someone while I am at the local PD. Now, should the U.S. become more like some other countries, where that area becomes more of a target, I might change that feeling.
What other protections are available? I don't walk around with a gun on me while at home. Guns are available and getting through the perimeter is difficult and will take time. Sure, if someone wants to drive an 18-wheeler through the front window I'm toast, but again, that just isn't very likely.

Basiclly, for me, it involves a simple rational assessment of what the danger to me is, what controls are available, and how much difficulty there is in reducing potential problems.

I see. I understand that thinking, really I do. My thoughts are while out in public I just can't see where places are all that secure. It's really sad, but if you listen at all to where crap is going down.... you can't put a rhyme or reason to it, so I don't try. It's an exercise in futility IMO.

I can name a billion examples of places where things "seemed" safe, and all hell broke lose. Happens too many times for me to feel I can make a logical determination.

That said, the local PD might still be one of those few places where I'd feel safe enough.
dnuggett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 13:14   #58
Jake Starr

Quote:
just take a deep breath, and say this to yourself... ďBaa.Ē

The Christian faith is in no way pacifistic.
Jake Starr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 14:38   #59
community

always, always, and then always.
Old 01-03-2010, 14:51   #60
TJK68

24/7---365 nuff said
TJK68 is offline   Reply With Quote