Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

 
  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2010, 18:39   #1
ABNAK
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 664
Federal HST 124gr +P: Who has 'em?

Tried a Google search but only came up with discussions or a BS Gunbroker ad. Who has 'em in stock? Ammotogo doesn't.
__________________
"...there's a man with a gun over there, tellin' me I got to beware..."

11C2P '83-'87
ABNAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 20:18   #2
glocksterr
DirtyGlockHippy
 
glocksterr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: NC,USA
Posts: 1,298
who's got PIZZA???


glocksterr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 08:03   #3
ABNAK
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 664
Quote:
Originally Posted by glocksterr View Post
who's got PIZZA???


Okay, I must be missing something (?).
__________________
"...there's a man with a gun over there, tellin' me I got to beware..."

11C2P '83-'87
ABNAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 08:46   #4
beforeobamabans
FYPM
 
beforeobamabans's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Crossroads of America
Posts: 5,592
JMO but I think Federal (ATK) is very busy with contract production for various governmental concerns (foreign and domestic) and hasn't had time to produce the fancy box stuff. So, HST has been really hard to find. It has been interesting however, to note that Ranger-T (its equal or superior) seems to be relatively plentiful in the last couple of months. Moral of the story: When you see it, stock up like the case in my garage.
__________________
G17, G26, G30SF, Gen4 G23

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither safety nor liberty." Ben Franklin
beforeobamabans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 09:08   #5
glocksterr
DirtyGlockHippy
 
glocksterr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: NC,USA
Posts: 1,298
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
Okay, I must be missing something (?).



http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1163006
glocksterr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 10:22   #6
Kalmah
Supreme Member
 
Kalmah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Colorado
Posts: 2,464
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
Tried a Google search but only came up with discussions or a BS Gunbroker ad. Who has 'em in stock? Ammotogo doesn't.
In stock? That's the problem.

Streichers carries HST's at a reasonable price and you can place an order with them today. But they don't currently have any in stock and you'll probably have to wait a few months for your order to arrive at your doorstep.

If you need them sooner than that, I don't know what to tell you.
__________________
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm the rest of his life.
Kalmah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 11:55   #7
ABNAK
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 664
Last time I saw it at Ammotogo I bought 3 boxes. I only use it for carry loads, so it gets used by switching out ammo every few months or by running a few mags to check for function on a new gun.

I have 1 box left. Feeling a little panicky!
__________________
"...there's a man with a gun over there, tellin' me I got to beware..."

11C2P '83-'87
ABNAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 12:13   #8
glocksterr
DirtyGlockHippy
 
glocksterr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: NC,USA
Posts: 1,298
seems the 2 hardest rounds to get on the face of the planet are 124gr+P & 147gr+P HST's.
glocksterr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 12:24   #9
ABNAK
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 664
Quote:
Originally Posted by glocksterr View Post
seems the 2 hardest rounds to get on the face of the planet are 124gr+P & 147gr+P HST's.
Actually, the 147gr +P is mythical, is it not? Kinda like a unicorn. I've heard of it but never heard of anyone actually having it.
__________________
"...there's a man with a gun over there, tellin' me I got to beware..."

11C2P '83-'87
ABNAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 12:30   #10
onelowtruck69
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Richmond,VA
Posts: 53
HS +p+

i must be lucky i got a box worth of 147 gr +p+ HS loaded up now for carry purposes
onelowtruck69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 13:15   #11
Molon
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
Actually, the 147gr +P is mythical, is it not? Kinda like a unicorn. I've heard of it but never heard of anyone actually having it.
976 fps from a SIG Sauer P229.


Caliber Corner


Caliber Corner



Caliber Corner

Last edited by Molon; 01-03-2010 at 14:50..
Molon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 14:46   #12
thornesguns
Senior Member
 
thornesguns's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Roca, NE
Posts: 113
they don't have any instock but u can keep an eye on http://www.mahsupplies.net/ http://www.tds-us.com/catalog.php/td...l_Tactical_LEO
thornesguns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 19:01   #13
ABNAK
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 664
Quote:
Originally Posted by thornesguns View Post
they don't have any instock but u can keep an eye on http://www.mahsupplies.net/ http://www.tds-us.com/catalog.php/td...l_Tactical_LEO
Will do. Thanks.
__________________
"...there's a man with a gun over there, tellin' me I got to beware..."

11C2P '83-'87
ABNAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 20:42   #14
packinaglock
John 3:16 <><
 
packinaglock's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Loxahatchee Fl
Posts: 4,831
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalmah View Post
In stock? That's the problem.

Streichers carries HST's at a reasonable price and you can place an order with them today. But they don't currently have any in stock and you'll probably have to wait a few months for your order to arrive at your doorstep.

If you need them sooner than that, I don't know what to tell you.
I ordered from them, Im starting on month # 2 but good things come to those who wait.
__________________
A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
packinaglock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 22:36   #15
TWS G26
Senior Member
 
TWS G26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Middle Tennessee
Posts: 1,078


ABNAK, PM sent.
__________________
SHOOTING VIDEOS and AMMO TESTING:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
TWS G26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 12:12   #16
Matt Berry
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 151
Ha ha ha ha, might have to wait a "few" months for an order from streichers. Just be aware Streichers charges up front, and you might be like me who's few months is currently at over 10 months for 230 grain 45acp HST, and I'm still waiting - how much longer ????? Who knows, I'd recommend looking for places that have it instock, instead of waiting who knows how long for production to "catch" up.
Matt Berry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 15:04   #17
Dogguy
Senior Member
 
Dogguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Soggy South.
Posts: 760
I'm starting on month three, waiting on Streicher's for the Speer 135 gr +P GDHP in .38 Special. In the meantime, ATG had gotten some in stock and I bought a few boxes from them. NOBODY had those Gold Dots in stock forever so I went with Streicher's backorder. I'm not real happy about being charged up front, being charged extra for the shipping and having to wait this long but, at the time I made the order, it was the only alternative.

At one time recently, I was under the impression that ATK had advised dealers they could only sell HST ammo to LE. Does Streicher's sell them to the general public?
Dogguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 21:47   #18
Little Joe
Platinum Membership
Senior Member
 
Little Joe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: At The Ready
Posts: 5,077
ATG's price is a smokin' deal. I bought some, too. Great price on the .40 180gr Gold Dots, as well.

LJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogguy View Post
I'm starting on month three, waiting on Streicher's for the Speer 135 gr +P GDHP in .38 Special. In the meantime, ATG had gotten some in stock and I bought a few boxes from them. NOBODY had those Gold Dots in stock forever so I went with Streicher's backorder. I'm not real happy about being charged up front, being charged extra for the shipping and having to wait this long but, at the time I made the order, it was the only alternative.

At one time recently, I was under the impression that ATK had advised dealers they could only sell HST ammo to LE. Does Streicher's sell them to the general public?
Little Joe is offline   Reply With Quote

 
  
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:40.




Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 702
197 Members
505 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,672
Aug 11, 2014 at 2:31