Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 01-02-2010, 23:13   #1
glockman23

Possible PM9 Problem

So, here's the story. I went out to the range last week and put about 25 rounds through my PM9. I noticed it was shooting low and to the left. I though that odd, but I'd try it again next week and see how we did. I put 75 rounds through it today and it shot like a dream. I mean I was a surgeon with that baby at 25 yards. Now, I took it apart to clean the barrel and I'm noticing a lot of wear on the handle grip portion of the slide rails, right above the hole where you put the pin for the slide release. It looks like I wore 2/3rds of the damn thing right off! Could someone take theirs apart and take a look? Am I just being a hypochondriac? Could it have been shooting low and left because it wasn't properly seated on the rail? Does any of this make any sense?
"Hitting an annoying yellow jacket buzzing a picnic table without spraying the guests or the food might be better practice for combat than long range paper punching. So might a plain old-fashioned water pistol fight."
glockman23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 08:43   #2
Linux3

Quote:
Originally Posted by glockman23 View Post
I noticed it was shooting low and to the left. I though that odd, but I'd try it again next week and see how we did. I put 75 rounds through it today and it shot like a dream. Now, I took it apart to clean the barrel and I'm noticing a lot of wear on the handle grip portion of the slide rails, right above the hole where you put the pin for the slide release. It looks like I wore 2/3rds of the damn thing right off!
Everybody has good and bad days shooting. Well, maybe not Jerry Miculek.
If you were shooting low and to the left the most likely reason is poor trigger control caused by anticipation. Easy to do with a PM9.
As for the rails above the slide stop. Those aint rails they are just a guide to aid in reinstalling the slide. There is only about 1/3 of the distance on my PM9, with about 2500 rounds through it, too. It's made that way.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Linux3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 11:55   #3
cziv

Not exactly clear on which rails you're talking about?

That said, when dis-assembled and holding the "lower" (polymer) half in your hand, in the shooting position, look down.

The only rails to be concerned about being intact are the shiny metal strips in front and back, where the slide rides back and forth.
Beretta Club #3, Smith & Wesson Club #777
Kahr Club #7777, Ruger Club #777
Snubbie Club #777, SNS Club #777

cziv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 14:52   #4
glockman23

Thanks fellers. I was just being paranoid I guess. I just love my PM9 so much.
"Hitting an annoying yellow jacket buzzing a picnic table without spraying the guests or the food might be better practice for combat than long range paper punching. So might a plain old-fashioned water pistol fight."
glockman23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 19:13   #5
chris in va

Pictures please.
chris in va is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 19:51   #6
ltxi

Agree that low to the left is just pulling the shot....classic operator error, not the gun's fault.

Last edited by ltxi; 01-03-2010 at 19:57..
ltxi is offline   Reply With Quote