GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2010, 11:24   #1
EM87
Senior Member
 
EM87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Posts: 939
Just bought my first AK! Yugo M70B1

It's beautiful! This rifle is in excellent condition and is the prettiest AK I've seen - the furniture looks great!

The Kalashnikov Klub

The Kalashnikov Klub

The Kalashnikov Klub

The Kalashnikov Klub

The Kalashnikov Klub
EM87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 11:24   #2
EM87
Senior Member
 
EM87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Posts: 939
The Kalashnikov Klub

The Kalashnikov Klub
EM87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 11:30   #3
EM87
Senior Member
 
EM87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Posts: 939
The only thing I noticed is that there are a few chips off what I think is the piston. (This is my first AK so I don't yet know what all the parts are called.)

The Kalashnikov Klub

Is this a problem?
EM87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 15:26   #4
45reloader
Live Free
 
45reloader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: PA South East
Posts: 1,511
Looks great
The piston will be fine.
__________________
Only the Dead Have Seen the End of War.
45reloader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 16:57   #5
conpro
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 1,657
Blog Entries: 2
How much did this one cost. i am looking to buy one.
conpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 17:01   #6
CWII
Registered User
 
CWII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 24
That wood looks amazing compared to some I\'ve seen. Here\'s my M70B2. i wish it came with wood but I\'m too lazy to find it and resinish is.The Kalashnikov Klub
CWII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 17:10   #7
photoguy
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: SE PA
Posts: 198
Looks great, congrats!
Mark this date in your calendar because within the next few months you'll be posting pics of AK number 2 and 3
photoguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 19:41   #8
EM87
Senior Member
 
EM87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Posts: 939
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROADKING07 View Post
How much did this one cost. i am looking to buy one.
This one set me back $600. I've heard that's more on the expensive side, but I hadn't seen another AK that looked this good so I was willing to drop more money on it. I just love the way the Yugos look.
EM87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 19:42   #9
EM87
Senior Member
 
EM87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Posts: 939
Quote:
Originally Posted by photoguy View Post
Looks great, congrats!
Mark this date in your calendar because within the next few months you'll be posting pics of AK number 2 and 3
I'm looking forward to it! *grin*
EM87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 18:37   #10
zeme05
Senior Member
 
zeme05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: West Texas
Posts: 633
My only gripe about my B1 is the stock tends to knock the crap out of my cheek. The stock has a colmb on it other AKs don't have. Other than that it is built like a tank. You now have to save and get a B2 folder to go with the fixed stock.
zeme05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 18:43   #11
Glockdude1
CLM Number 185
Federal Member
 
Glockdude1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: Beaumont,Texas
Posts: 26,629


Congrats on the new rifle!!

My Yugo has been %100. When you fire it with the grenade launcher up, it turns the rifle into a "bolt action".

The Kalashnikov Klub
The 100rd drum is a nice addition as well.

I had my Yugo refinished in "HK semi-gloss black".
The Kalashnikov Klub

__________________
"Some People Are Like Slinkies. They're Not Really Good For Anything, But They Bring a Smile To Your Face When Pushed Down The Stairs."
Glockdude1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 22:51   #12
.45Super-Man
Senior Member
 
.45Super-Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Smallville
Posts: 4,836
Very nice! If the Yugos had chrome lined bores I would have jumped on one way back!
.45Super-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 23:02   #13
Glocker08
Senior Member
 
Glocker08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,863
Congrats,very nice AK ! The Yugos are very solid rifles. It looks like its in great shape too. I don't think I've ever seen furniture that nice on an M70B.
Glocker08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 07:22   #14
Glockdude1
CLM Number 185
Federal Member
 
Glockdude1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: Beaumont,Texas
Posts: 26,629


Quote:
Originally Posted by .45Super-Man View Post
Very nice! If the Yugos had chrome lined bores I would have jumped on one way back!
Why would that stop you from owning one???

Have you ever seen any bolt action rifle with a chrome lined barrel???

__________________
"Some People Are Like Slinkies. They're Not Really Good For Anything, But They Bring a Smile To Your Face When Pushed Down The Stairs."
Glockdude1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 13:58   #15
.45Super-Man
Senior Member
 
.45Super-Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Smallville
Posts: 4,836
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glockdude1 View Post
Why would that stop you from owning one???

Have you ever seen any bolt action rifle with a chrome lined barrel???

Even the so called "cheap" Romanian AK's are chrome lined. The Russkies chrome line barrel and gas block . They dont just do this on a whim. I never understood why the Yugos were the only ones not to?? Chrome lined barrels arent available on bolts, but if 90% of the bolts came standard WITH chrome lining...I wouldnt be very tempted by the one that didnt.
.45Super-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 18:02   #16
bjesse60
Senior Member
 
bjesse60's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: KY
Posts: 305
Quote:
Originally Posted by .45Super-Man View Post
Even the so called "cheap" Romanian AK's are chrome lined. The Russkies chrome line barrel and gas block . They dont just do this on a whim. I never understood why the Yugos were the only ones not to?? Chrome lined barrels arent available on bolts, but if 90% of the bolts came standard WITH chrome lining...I wouldnt be very tempted by the one that didnt.

Chrome lined barrels are way overated, yes it aids in cleaning especially with corrosive ammo which now days isn't very common. The standard non chrome will out last probably what you & I will be able to afford to shoot through it.
bjesse60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 18:39   #17
RMTactical
CLM Number
www.AR15pro.net
 
RMTactical's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Behind an AR-15
Posts: 29,789


Very nice. I like the fixed stock over the common Yugo underfolders. The wood furniture looks great.
__________________
http://www.rockymountaintactical.net/

Due to inflation, my $.02 no longer matters.
RMTactical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 01:21   #18
steve1911
Senior Member
 
steve1911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: oregon
Posts: 2,557
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMTactical View Post
Very nice. I like the fixed stock over the common Yugo underfolders. The wood furniture looks great.
+1 nice AK.


1911club#410
__________________
html
steve1911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 03:39   #19
.45Super-Man
Senior Member
 
.45Super-Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Smallville
Posts: 4,836
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjesse60 View Post
Chrome lined barrels are way overated, yes it aids in cleaning especially with corrosive ammo which now days isn't very common. The standard non chrome will out last probably what you & I will be able to afford to shoot through it.

Then we can agree, to disagree.
.45Super-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 05:59   #20
whistler52
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glocker08 View Post
Congrats,very nice AK ! The Yugos are very solid rifles. It looks like its in great shape too. I don't think I've ever seen furniture that nice on an M70B.
I agree. Probably the nicest M70B1 that I've seen. Looks like the wood might have been refinished.
whistler52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 13:38   #21
Aceman
Senior Member
 
Aceman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Tampa
Posts: 6,380
That is one sexy beast!
Aceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 14:53   #22
theTactician
Senior Member
 
theTactician's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: underneath your bed
Posts: 983
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWII View Post
That wood looks amazing compared to some I\'ve seen. Here\'s my M70B2. i wish it came with wood but I\'m too lazy to find it and resinish is.The Kalashnikov Klub
looks really great to me
__________________
Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt. - Sun Tzu, The Art of War
Warriors take chances. Like everyone else, they fear failing, but they refuse to let fear control them.- Samurai
theTactician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 18:28   #23
sputnik767
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: NJ
Posts: 8,090
Quote:
Originally Posted by .45Super-Man View Post
Even the so called "cheap" Romanian AK's are chrome lined. The Russkies chrome line barrel and gas block . They dont just do this on a whim. I never understood why the Yugos were the only ones not to?? Chrome lined barrels arent available on bolts, but if 90% of the bolts came standard WITH chrome lining...I wouldnt be very tempted by the one that didnt.
The answer is simple: the Yugo barrels are actually US made, and they are not chrome lined probably due to cost. Romanian AKs use original Romanian barrels (probably not new ones at that). I would rather have a brand new non-lined barrel than a shot out lined barrel.

The reason Yugo SKS rifles are not lined is because Yugoslavia did not have the technology at the time. Or so they say anyway.

Chrome lining is good for a military weapon. It is more resistant to damage, heats up less, lasts longer, does not get damaged by corrosive ammo, etc. It is completely unnecessary on a bolt or semi-auto rifle that is shot in a range environment and then cleaned and stored.
sputnik767 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 18:17   #24
judson951
Senior Member
 
judson951's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Evansville, IN
Posts: 405
Here is a pic of my M70. I love to shoot this thing. Just puts a smile on my face every time I shoot it.

I just installed the quad rail and my EoTech. Quad rail fits great and seems to be very sturdy.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/35742877@N02/4291292205/
judson951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 18:42   #25
markieboy
Senior Member
 
markieboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Washington State
Posts: 301
Quote:
Originally Posted by sputnik767 View Post
Chrome lining is good for a military weapon. It is more resistant to damage, heats up less, lasts longer, does not get damaged by corrosive ammo, etc. It is completely unnecessary on a bolt or semi-auto rifle that is shot in a range environment and then cleaned and stored.
So corrosive ammo doesn't damage chrome-lined barrels, at all?
__________________
Glock 19
S&W 586 6"
markieboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 23:57.



Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 867
230 Members
637 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,244
Nov 11, 2013 at 11:42