Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 01-16-2010, 10:37   #1
peterj

PM9 IWB holsters

I just picked up a PM9 and want an IWB holster, preferably thin, light and tuckable. Any suggestions? Has anyone tried the Comptac shirt tucker and if so, how is it? Thanks.
peterj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 12:13   #2
pntblnk

Check out the Crossbreed line. I have the minituck and the microclip for mine and love it. It took about 4-5 days to break each of them in and now I don't even notice them. I have the crimson trace on mine and it fits like a glove. I was so impressed I ordered another microclip for my P380! Great folks to deal with also.

Kahr Club

Kahr Club
Old 01-16-2010, 13:18   #3
wagonm

I am a leather person, I have used and liked the Mitch Rosen Clipper (not tuckable), now I'm using a HBE Pro-TL which is tuckable. Both are thin, light, comfy and high quality.

The HBE Pro-TL has ended my "journey" for IWB, and for OWB, I'm all set with the Alessi Belt-Slide ... so my holster-shopping "fun" for my PM9 has come to an end...

LOTS of good feedback on the comfort of Crossbreed / Comptec so you won;t go wrong with them, I just haven't considered non-leather rigs. I also have used Tucker "Cover Up Plus", very nice holster but personally I found the leather is too thick for small gun like PM9, I think it is more appropriate for large guns, however, LOTS of praise on his new line "Silent Thunder", you may want to take a look.

Good luck.
wagonm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 22:37   #4
Burns

Send a message via AIM to Burns Send a message via Yahoo to Burns
Quote:
Originally Posted by pntblnk View Post
Check out the Crossbreed line. I have the minituck and the microclip for mine and love it. It took about 4-5 days to break each of them in and now I don't even notice them. I have the crimson trace on mine and it fits like a glove. I was so impressed I ordered another microclip for my P380! Great folks to deal with also.
I'm eager to hear from you on how the mini compares to the micro. Does the micro support the gun just as well? I would think that, since it has less mass, it would be more comfortable as long as the gun doesn't move around too much more because of the single clip. Is there any disadvantage? Which do you like better and why?

I'm interested in one of them (but just one, not both) for my PM9 so I look forward to your input.

Burns
"Liberals believe government should take people's earnings to give to poor people. Conservatives disagree. They think government should confiscate people's earnings and give them to farmers and insolvent banks. -- Walter Williams
Burns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 23:38   #5
pntblnk

I have had them both for a couple of weeks now and find myself grabbing the micro if I am just running out for a short trip because it is so easy to get off / on. I grab the mini if going out for more than ~hour.

Both are very comfortable, but I would give the nod to the mini as the best overall comfort. The micro supports the gun well but the lack of material actual takes away from the comfort factor. The mini seems to balance the bulk of the gun better. That said, the micro is a breeze to put on / take off where the mini takes a little bit of work to get situated. (something I'm sure will just get easier with time / practice)
Old 01-17-2010, 04:15   #6
jsm190

I use the Comp Tac C-tac holster and really like it. Adds almost no weight, is comfortable once positioned right, and is tuckable. Still has the two clip design so it does not move once on, and no leather backing etc. to get in the way of the draw.

Since no one has said it yet, the first step is a good quality gun belt, even a PM9 will shift with a thin belt. I thought a WM work belt was good until I bought my first gun belt.
Old 01-17-2010, 10:57   #7
paddle007

For me the M-Tac with C clips takes the prize. I'm an busy auto-tech and the Mtac stays put and the C clips hide well. I tried the Crossbreed but found the clips to obvious. Tried the Two O'Clock and it moves too much for me. My attire is work pants with a tucked in shirt so concealing is a little tough. Consider climbing under hoods and rolling around on a creaper or standing under a vehicle on a lift and raising both arms as high as they will go. M-Tac for me but maybe your circumstances allow for a lighter rig.
Old 01-17-2010, 15:51   #8
peterj

Wagonm,

What was the turnaround time on the HBE? The website doesn't look like it has been updated since 2007.
peterj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 18:29   #9
wagonm

I know, but he has obviously caught up for some time already but yet to update his site. Call him up, very helpful. I rang him before placing the order (just last December), he quoted me a standard leadtime of 3~4 weeks, and I got mine on time as quoted.

Here's some pix I posted on KahrTalk for your ref. I am carrying it everyday and can;t be happier. http://kahrtalk.com/holsters-gear/88...-lots-pix.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterj View Post
Wagonm,

What was the turnaround time on the HBE? The website doesn't look like it has been updated since 2007.
wagonm is offline   Reply With Quote