Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 01-04-2010, 10:15   #1
ricklee4570

Glock 37 as a CCW?

Anybody using their Glock 37 as a CCW weapon?

Or is the 37 too big?
ricklee4570 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 10:32   #2
Pking

I carry my 37 all the time except when its really hot I will carry my 30 or 26.
Pking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 10:56   #3
ricklee4570

Which holster do you use?
Old 01-04-2010, 11:13   #4
Pking

I have an Aker flatsider paddle holster that I bought for my 21's a few years ago and the 37 fits perfect. I bought it from www.copquest.com, not sure if Aker makes one specifically for the 37 now or not.
Pking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 16:58   #5
ricklee4570

Thanks for the info!
Old 01-04-2010, 17:23   #6
Scamp
Geaux Tigers!

I carry my 37 sometimes in a Crossbreed Supertuck at 4 o'clock.
Scamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 17:58   #7
p.d.

Comp-Tac CTAC.
p.d. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 18:04   #8
DLL9mm

I think that with a good IWB holster(MTAC,CTAC, SuperTuck) the G37 would conceal perfectly. I may get the MTAC body for mine and give it a try.
Old 01-04-2010, 19:08   #9
srd

Depends on where i am going..Disanti shoulder holster or Galco middle of the back.
srd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 05:30   #10
rns-glock37

i carry the g37 everyday with a kholster holster. fits very nice and is very comfortable. i will be adding a g38 to the collection soon. the g37 is not too big to ccw but i guess it will depend on your size (body style). i'm 6ft 230lb and i have no problem with it.
rns-glock37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 08:29   #11
DannyR

Ricklee,

The G37 is smaller than a 1911, and folks have been concealing a 1911 for nearly 100 years. Concealment is an acquired life skill. You cannot make the G37 disappear but you can create the illusion that you are unarmed. It takes practice, the right attire, gun belt and holster. I've concealed my G37 with a Blade-Tech OWB, Raven Ghost and Raven Phantom. The Phantom offers the most concealment, Pictured below is my G38/Phantom and my G37/Ghost. I usually wear a long jacket or Cabelas Safari Vest when carrying any pistol. When pocket carry is the only alternative I carry my G39 in a Galco horsehide pocket holster while wearing LL Bean cargo pants or cargo shorts.
Attached Thumbnails
The Bull Dawgs Club - Click for larger version   The Bull Dawgs Club - Click for larger version  
Bull Dawg #1

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
DannyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 10:09   #12
ricklee4570

DannyR, thank-you for the information!
Old 01-05-2010, 10:30   #13
DannyR

The belt is a Wilderness, 1-1/2in 5-stitch. For dressier occasions I use an Uncle Mikes dress gun belt.
Bull Dawg #1

Old 01-05-2010, 19:23   #14
srd

Thank you for the information on the belt DannyR. I have been looking for a replacement gun belt. I like the Wilderness 1 1/2 inch 5 stitch.
srd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 20:07   #15
packinaglock
John 3:16 <><

I carry mine from time to time, A Nick Matthews holster has a lot of cant and makes the handle disapear verticle
Old 01-07-2010, 06:21   #16
alarmglock

Just got this bushwacker holster for my G38) (one size will handle any gun).This holster is 10 steps above the bellyband, because it acts as a shoulder holster not a belt holster. Tuckable holsters also work well with my G 38 for concealment. tuckable's conceal great, but I am so high profile, (in dress clothes with a tucked in shirt). I regularly speak before large crowds of people and before and after have people sitting and standing around me all the time (even the odd pat on the back) that I cannot even afford a hint of 1 of 1000 eyes wondering "what that clip is on his belt, with nothing attached?? or "my that is a big cell phone." The tuckables that go under the belt, always rode down my pants. Sometime I would even put a small pocket knife pouch on the clip.
Back to the buchwacker. The ad says you only feel 7% of the gun and they are right. Yes it will take a second to reach in and pull it out through your shirt buttons from under your shoulder, or pull your tee shirt down from the collar and reach in, but in the winter where we live wearing heavy jackets with a seat belt in the car, it will be way quicker than digging for your gun on your back hip in the car.
My motto is "have a holster for every occasion." No one will do all, if you want to wear all sorts of clothes. But this is a great choice if you want to carry big, and still conceal. Hey 100% money back guarantee. At first you notice it the band around your body, but give it a couple of days, and on one hand you will forget it is there, on the other hand, you will feel that 37 right where you want it. The gun will also acts as a shield should somebody try to sneak one in your left front quarter . See the link. Call this guy up, (Dave) he is great to talk to. I called desperate to find a holster for my wife that wears skirts all the time. He sold me for one, and didn't even try. He believes in it. Makes them by hand. Quick turn around. It is the only holster that I think will work for my wife. Good shooting.
http://www.concealedhandguncarry.com/10.html

Last edited by alarmglock; 01-07-2010 at 07:21.. Reason: more detail
alarmglock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 06:37   #17
MSgt Dotson

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyR View Post
Ricklee,

The G37 is smaller than a 1911, and folks have been concealing a 1911 for nearly 100 years. .
It might be slightly shorter, but, it is definitely not thinner... in the slide or frame.
MSgt Dotson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 07:34   #18
rns-glock37

danny have you or do you use the phantom as a iwb holster? i know it can be used either way with the modular attachment but i haven't heard of anyone that has used it in this fashion. i'm wondering if it's just as good if used as an iwb. thanks
rns-glock37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 08:21   #19
DannyR

I've got the IWB belt loops to try with my Phantom but have not yet tried them. I anticipate it being very comfortable, more so than my Blade-Tech's.
Bull Dawg #1

Old 01-15-2010, 20:49   #20
G8Kpr
Sheep Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyR View Post
Concealment is an acquired life skill. You cannot make the G37 disappear but you can create the illusion that you are unarmed. It takes practice, the right attire, gun belt and holster.
This is it in a nutshell: the FIREARM is the starting point - find the sidearm (or SELECT battery of sidearms) that works for you and your lifestyle then build your wardrobe, patterns, and habits around it (them). When you do that, you can carry every day, everywhere with the external and, more importantly, internal ILLUSION of being unarmed.

Most folks don't pay as much attention to you as you think they do, especially if they themselves go about unarmed - just think for a moment about how little attention you pay daily to what others around you are wearing or doing. (Try to remember what 3 guys at work were wearing today.) With all the stuff - cell phones, BlackBerries, PDA's, ipods, etc. - that the man on the street carries on his belt these days, most will never even notice a slight bulge or edge under your shirt as you go about your business. Most folks don't think 'gun' like those of us who carry do - and the rest will be too timid, apathetic, or polite to ask.

Remember: Asking a gentleman if he's armed is like asking a woman if she's a lady; even if you suspect she's NOT, it's not polite to ask. - G8Pr
G38 - the PERFECT marriage of the G19 and the Para LTC; Bull Dawg Club #3845
The constitutions of most of our States assert, that all power is inherent in the people that it is their right and duty to be at all times armed." -- Thomas Jefferson
G8Kpr is offline   Reply With Quote