Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 12-31-2009, 20:12   #1
register

USPSA Gear Question

Looking to get started in some local USPSA matches. I plan on picking up a Blade Tech holster but having trouble trying to decide between either Single or Double mag pouches. Any thoughts? Also everywhere I read it seems everyone says the belt is a very important part of the rig and not to go cheap. Seems most leather belts are within $10 of a CR Speed Belt. Is it best to cry once and get the CR? Thanks for the help!
register is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 20:55   #2
9x45

singles, because you can position them exactly where you want without binding. Nobody runs leather, your choice is basically the Wilderness Tactical, or the CR speed inner/outer, depending on which division you want to shoot in.
9x45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 03:14   #3
pete2gun

I like the Blade Tech holster with CR Speed belt and CR single Mag pouches.
pete2gun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 06:52   #4
register

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9x45 View Post
your choice is basically the Wilderness Tactical, or the CR speed inner/outer, depending on which division you want to shoot in.
Is the CR Speed legal for production?
Old 01-01-2010, 09:15   #5
9x45

Inner/outer, ie speed belts, are not legal for production. That's why I said it depends on which division you want to shoot in.
Old 01-01-2010, 10:06   #6
Hoser
Mall Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9x45 View Post
Inner/outer, ie speed belts, are not legal for production.
Unless thats a really new change, they are plenty legal. For USPSA matches, race holsters like the CR Speed is *not* legal in Production.
Hoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 10:41   #7
9x45

Hozer, that is correct. I'm just so used to seeing 'Ghost' holsters in open and Wilderness Tactical with Blade Techs in Production.
Old 01-01-2010, 13:12   #8
register

Thanks for the help. So do you think I would just be better off getting the CR Belt as opposed to the Wilderness considering it is just a little bit more?
Old 01-01-2010, 16:59   #9
dsmw5142
NRA Member

I would get the CR Speed belt if all you plan to shoot is USPSA. For IDPA the belt needs to go through your belt loops.

The CR Speed belt is great though. I run one with Bladetech DOH and Comp-Tac pouches for production G34 and, more recently, Safariland 773's with limited G35.

I suppose, if you like, you could use just the inner belt for IDPA, or a regular pants belt. With the CR Speed belt, make sure you get it a bit big. If you wear a size 36 pants belt normally, you might want to get a 38-40. It is velcro and overlaps itself and wraps around. So, if it's a bit long, no biggie, if it's a bit short... CR speed Belt width is 1.5" for your gear needs.

Rudy Project USA IDPA squad
dsmw5142 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 17:29   #10
MoNsTeR

I would sooner use a cardboard and duct tape holster than give up my CR Speed belt. They are the most important part of both my Production and Limited/Open rigs. Get one!

Single mag pouches are better than doubles, but it's not a huge deal. If you want to save some money just get a pair of Uncle Mike's doubles, I think they're like $15. I used them for years and still keep them around as backups. What I mainly use now are Ready Tactical singles.
MoNsTeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 17:43   #11
register

Blade Tech is running a 15% off sale today. Should I go ahead and pick up some Bobby McGee Pro Series Competiton Single Mag Pouch for $27 a piece or hold out and get the CR's?
Old 01-07-2010, 12:46   #12
mteagle1

Quote:
Originally Posted by register View Post
Blade Tech is running a 15% off sale today. Should I go ahead and pick up some Bobby McGee Pro Series Competiton Single Mag Pouch for $27 a piece or hold out and get the CR's?
I ROed in the 2009 USPSA Handgun Nationals and I saw very few people in Production division A or above wearing anything other than CR Speed pouches. Part of this seems to be because as they have pouch 4 or 5 converted to the opposite side hand so they can tilt them forward. I like them because I can adjust the tension so the mag stays in as I run but would probably fall out if I had to do the old holster retention test. They are also adjustable for different mags like Glock or M&P or XD.
101st Airborne 1957-60
USAF 1961-80 Retired
mteagle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 06:43   #13
HK Dan

You'll love the CR Speed belt--good, solid, stiff, and very "repeatable" in terms of gear position. Yes, it is legal for Production, no, IDPA doesn't allow belts more than 3/16" thick. You could use the inner belt alone, though (no outer).

I run that belt, a CR Speed holster, and Safariland mag holders in Limited. In Production I run a Blackhawk Serpa CQC and Fobus mag holders. I've made high "A", so something is working. <g>

Dan
HK Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 10:03   #14
mteagle1

I did say I saw very few people A and above wearing anything other than CR Speed pouches. I even saw some missed draws with a Serpa and missed reloads from double mag pouches. With 200 shooters I saw lots of stuff, like a reload where the mag went into lower earth orbit (ok over 2 walls), pull a mag out of a pouch that went about 7' straight up and the Serpa shooter that gave himself a big time wedgie.
101st Airborne 1957-60
USAF 1961-80 Retired
mteagle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 12:09   #15
HK Dan

<chuckles> Mine is a CQC. No button. I don't shoot Production much (annually at the 6 Classifier match), but I use the same rig for IDPA.

Now, most of our guys that shoot the Serpa learned early and shaved off the button on the inside. <g>

Dan
HK Dan is offline   Reply With Quote