Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 01-05-2010, 14:50   #1
DNF

21sf disassembly problem

I recently took my 1yo glock 21sf to the range (about 1000 total rounds) and as usual it shot better than I did. When I tried to take it apart, after removing the magazine and pulling the trigger, the slide would only slide forward about a half of an inch. I tried several times and every time I managed to recock (bad choice of words?) the gun no matter how little I pulled the slide back.

The only way the slide will come off, is to pull the trigger and push on the back of the slide.

I never had this problem before. Not with my 21 or 19. I called glock and they were not sure but sent me a new recoil spring just in case. Well that did not work.

Anybody have this problem? Is it easy to fix? I would prefer to get it fixed without sending it back to glock if the cost is not too high. What is involved in sending a glock back to the factory?

Thanks
DNF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 20:27   #2
Glockrunner
HOOYA DEEPSEA

Send a message via Yahoo to Glockrunner
Check the chamber and ensure the chamber is empty of any ammo.
Point the weapon in a safe direction and dry fire it(pull the trigger).
Move the slide toward the rear about 1/8" and then:
while moving the slide forward,
hold the trigger rearward.

The slide should come right off. Maybe a NY trigger is installed? Look in the trigger housing mech. for olive green or orange trigger mech under the cuxiform.
GunsmithingGunsmithing
NY # 1....................NY # 2

Last edited by Glockrunner; 01-06-2010 at 20:38.. Reason: Add pics
Glockrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 07:44   #3
DNF

Gun is completely as I bought it from Glock. No additions
DNF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 21:59   #4
JohnKSa

Quote:
I tried several times and every time I managed to recock (bad choice of words?) the gun no matter how little I pulled the slide back.
You just barely need to move the slide back at all. A small fraction of an inch.

All you need to do is move the barrel back enough that it's not bearing on the slide lock and preventing you from moving the slide lock down.

It takes a good centimeter or more (at least 4 tenths of an inch) of travel to recock the gun. If you can detect any rearward motion of the barrel at all that's enough to allow you to disassemble the gun.
Quote:
Gun is completely as I bought it from Glock. No additions
The NY triggers are factory parts that are installed on some guns from the factory. Did you check to see if one was installed in your gun?

Last edited by JohnKSa; 01-08-2010 at 18:49..
JohnKSa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 06:28   #5
Glockrunner
HOOYA DEEPSEA

Send a message via Yahoo to Glockrunner
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnKSa View Post
You just barely need to move the slide back at all. A tiny fraction of an inch.

All you need to do is move the barrel back enough that it's not bearing on the slide lock and preventing you from moving the slide lock down.

It takes a good centimeter or more (at least 4 tenths of an inch) of travel to recock the gun. If you can detect any rearward motion of the slide at all that's enough to allow you to disassemble the gun.The NY triggers are factory parts that are installed on some guns from the factory. Did you check to see if one was installed in your gun?
I forgot to mention this would be listed on the factory tag, on the box. What does your tag say about the trigger weight?