Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 01-05-2010, 15:13   #1
GioaJack
Conifer Jack

Tragedy could have been avoided

Dateline; Pueblo, Colorado

A local Pueblo man was found frozen solid at an outdoor shooting range earlier this morning. The victim was found by an Al Gore employee who was conducting research into the indisputable effects of global warming.

The victim, who police could only identify as 'Steve' from the name stamped into the back of his western style belt replete with a heart shaped, pink and rhinestone belt buckle.

A spokesman for the Pueblo Police Department stated that the victim apparently had no social life and in an attempt break up his obviously interminable boredom he chose to subject himself to sub-freezing temperatures. The spokesman related that although a paper bullseye target had been set up a scant 7 yards in front of the victim and that the victim had apparently fired some 60 or more .40 caliber bullets, as evidenced by the expended brass littered around the frozen figure, there were, quite oddly no holes in the target.

When questioned about the condition of the victim the spokesman said that the victim had one hand on the polymer grip of a Glock pistol with his left hand frozen solid to the metal slide. A preliminary investigation indicates that the victim had attempted to clear a jam caused by a failure to eject causing his had to become frozen and subsequent inability to move and seek warm shelter.

The spokesman was visibly upset when he added that this terrible tragedy could have been avoided had the victim simply used a Lee FCD.

On a rather ironic note, this reporter noticed a bumper sticker on the bumper of the victim's 4x4 vehicle that read... They can have my gun when they pry it from my cold dead hand'.

Film at eleven.

Jack

A PACIFIST is someone who won't raise their hands to defend themselves...
A COWARD is someone who won't raise their hands to defend someone else.
GioaJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 15:19   #2
DoctaGlockta

Ball busting at its finest. Well done Sir.
DoctaGlockta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 15:23   #3
Aces and 8s
Dead Mans Hand

LOL

this can not be a true story, if it is then it is way too funny and ironic. Bad sad at the same time.
"I believe everyody in the world should have guns. Citizens should have bazookas and rocket launchers too. I believe that all citizens should have their weapons of choice. However, I also believe that only I should have the ammunition. Because frankly, I wouldn't trust the rest of the goobers with anything more dangerous than string." - Scott Adams
Aces and 8s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 15:24   #4
OKGlocker
Geezer Member

Well, Jack, whadda ya expect from a flatlander?

Youre a good friend, but if the zombies chase us, Im trippin you
OKGlocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 15:25   #5
IndyGunFreak
KO Windows

Send a message via ICQ to IndyGunFreak Send a message via AIM to IndyGunFreak Send a message via MSN to IndyGunFreak Send a message via Yahoo to IndyGunFreak Send a message via Skype™ to IndyGunFreak

I planned a 3 day camping trip in in 2 weeks, and got around to catching the extended forecast the other day... Looking like teens to single digits.. I can't wait.

IGF
"Man is not free unless Government is limited"
IndyGunFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 15:36   #6
ron59
Bustin Caps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aces and 8s View Post
LOL

this can not be a true story, if it is then it is way too funny and ironic. Bad sad at the same time.
Not true.

He's busting Steve's (Colorado4Wheel) balls. Note the "Steve", "Pueblo, CO", "4x4" and the "if he had used the Lee FCD" references. Steve (and many others, including myself) believes that the Lee FCD addresses the SYMPTOM and not the CAUSE of the problem (ie, improper sizing).

Anyway... all that aside, still VERY funny.

Thanks, Jack... appreciate the laugh.

Quote:
WTF?! How a cheap can an old, the old fart get?!
ron59 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 15:41   #7
Aces and 8s
Dead Mans Hand

Well then, inside joke, haha being a noobie here I never would have caught that.

Funny senario none the less
"I believe everyody in the world should have guns. Citizens should have bazookas and rocket launchers too. I believe that all citizens should have their weapons of choice. However, I also believe that only I should have the ammunition. Because frankly, I wouldn't trust the rest of the goobers with anything more dangerous than string." - Scott Adams
Aces and 8s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 15:51   #8
SDGlock23
Glockoholic

Old 01-05-2010, 16:02   #9
ron59
Bustin Caps

Quote:
Well then, inside joke, haha being a noobie here I never would have caught that.

You'll quickly find that largely, Jack speaks in "funnies". Even when addressing a serious topic, he does it via humor.

Quote:
WTF?! How a cheap can an old, the old fart get?!
ron59 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 16:29   #10
DEADLYACCURATE

DEADLYACCURATE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 17:29   #11
Colorado4Wheel

We had a great practice. Shot two "standards". First was just three targets. Zebra on the Left and Right (that one laying flat), open target in the middle. Then we also "Shot the Devil" as I like to call it. Basic "Bill Drills". First target at 7 yds, second at 15yds, third at 25 yds. Six hits per target. Combined Comstock. So "Beep" shoot six. Reload "beep" shoot the next target with six, "beep" shoot the last with six. Combined time, add .2 secs for every "C". Or,

"666, Kill the Devil" as I called it.

We have been shooting more of these standards at my request and I am learning a lot as a result. It warmed up into the 30's and my buddy brought a heater to keep our hands warm. But with the proper clothing it's not really that bad if the winds not blowing.

Thanks for your concern. I am still alive. And the Devil is dead. Don't tell God, he'll get bored and start screwing up other stuff we like.

Last edited by Colorado4Wheel; 01-05-2010 at 17:32..
Colorado4Wheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 17:33   #12
Hoser
Mall Ninja

So you two were playing while I was 8 miles to the west picking up parachutes and watching F-16s dropping bombs?

I bet you guys had more fun.
Hoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 17:34   #13
Colorado4Wheel

Pitt, Lizard and Myself. Good time was had by all.
Old 01-05-2010, 17:41   #14
DWARREN123
Grumpy Old Guy

Funnee!
DWARREN123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 17:48   #15
IndyGunFreak
KO Windows

Send a message via ICQ to IndyGunFreak Send a message via AIM to IndyGunFreak Send a message via MSN to IndyGunFreak Send a message via Yahoo to IndyGunFreak Send a message via Skype™ to IndyGunFreak

Quote:

LOL...

Come on, you need to fix your satire detector... Do you really think Dateline would've known what the heck a Lee FCD was, let alone that C4W had took an oath to educate the world about it?

BTW Jack.. Your humor is pretty entertaining.. forget what your ex-wives said..

IGF
"Man is not free unless Government is limited"
IndyGunFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 17:58   #16
GioaJack
Conifer Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado4Wheel View Post
We had a great practice. Shot two "standards". First was just three targets. Zebra on the Left and Right (that one laying flat), open target in the middle. Then we also "Shot the Devil" as I like to call it. Basic "Bill Drills". First target at 7 yds, second at 15yds, third at 25 yds. Six hits per target. Combined Comstock. So "Beep" shoot six. Reload "beep" shoot the next target with six, "beep" shoot the last with six. Combined time, add .2 secs for every "C". Or,

"666, Kill the Devil" as I called it.

We have been shooting more of these standards at my request and I am learning a lot as a result. It warmed up into the 30's and my buddy brought a heater to keep our hands warm. But with the proper clothing it's not really that bad if the winds not blowing.

Thanks for your concern. I am still alive. And the Devil is dead. Don't tell God, he'll get bored and start screwing up other stuff we like.

Well hell, if you're only shooting 6 rounds between reloads move those targets out to 50 yards and shoot revolvers like REAL MEN.

No picking up brass... your back will thank you later in life.

Jack

Old 01-05-2010, 18:15   #17
Bob2223
Jack's buddy!

Bob
Back Yard Shooting Competition
Bob2223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 18:24   #18
Colorado4Wheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by GioaJack View Post
Well hell, if you're only shooting 6 rounds between reloads move those targets out to 50 yards and shoot revolvers like REAL MEN.

No picking up brass... your back will thank you later in life.

Jack
I know you joking butt it's kinda interesting. Thats kind of the point of the 6 rounds. Revolvers are at no disadvantage to a pistol. It had me thinking afterwards on the drive home "I wonder how I would have done with my 686?". Got one you want to lend me? I still have a bunch of .38 ammo loaded up ready to go. My time (with penalties) was nothing to be proud of. Something like 18secs. I only ran it a couple times before trying other things. I look forward to doing it some more as it really teach's you to watch that sight. I know I can knock 2 secs off that time easy with what I learned at the end of the day. 2 seconds is a eternity when your shooting at the devil.
Old 01-05-2010, 18:32   #19
GioaJack
Conifer Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado4Wheel View Post
I know you joking butt it's kinda interesting. Thats kind of the point of the 6 rounds. Revolvers are at no disadvantage to a pistol. It had me thinking afterwards on the drive home "I wonder how I would have done with my 686?". Got one you want to lend me? I still have a bunch of .38 ammo loaded up ready to go. My time (with penalties) was nothing to be proud of. Something like 18secs. I only ran it a couple times before trying other things. I look forward to doing it some more as it really teach's you to watch that sight. I know I can knock 2 secs off that time easy with what I learned at the end of the day. 2 seconds is a eternity when your shooting at the devil.

Have a 4 inch 586 and a 4 inch 686 with a S&W custom action job. Headed to Florida in 2 1/2 to 3 weeks. If you want to meet me on I-25 early in the morning the day I leave you can buy me breakfast and use it for the few weeks I'm out of state.

If you try not to give it back I'll track you down... I'm good at that.

Jack

Old 01-05-2010, 18:35   #20
Colorado4Wheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by GioaJack View Post
Have a 4 inch 586 and a 4 inch 686 with a S&W custom action job. Headed to Florida in 2 1/2 to 3 weeks. If you want to meet me on I-25 early in the morning the day I leave you can buy me breakfast and use it for the few weeks I'm out of state.

If you try not to give it back I'll track you down... I'm good at that.

Jack
Lets do breakfast at least. Pueblo has a Cracker Barrel if that sounds good.