Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 01-09-2010, 15:10   #26
Brass Nazi
NO BRASS FOR U!

I also do not know why everyone praises DT ammunition so much. I got terrible accuracy with the ammunition that I tried, although as everyone knows a good shooting load in one gun does not mean it will shoot good in another gun, but it may mean that the ammunition has a large standard deviation. I do not know for sure as I did not chrono them.

DT ammunition is the only ammunition that has given me "guppy brass." I will not shoot ammunition that IMO is loaded to too high pressures.
Old 01-09-2010, 15:13   #27
Brass Nazi
NO BRASS FOR U!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman cHucK View Post
Does anyone know how to calibrate the fps expected by altitude in say 1000' increments? Could this explain the differences many of us see. I had no idea DT was at this 6000' + altitude!
That is certainly a good/valid theory but any factory ammunition should be loaded so that it does not exceed SAAMI specs ( I would also think that they would want to load to a slightly lower pressure to cover their arse) when fired at any reasonable altitude, I would assume that sea level would serve as the benchmark.
Old 01-09-2010, 17:50   #28
Sierra9

[quote=mongo356;14511362]Nope. I did try a couple of different lot#'s to see if I maybe got a bad bunch. The nickel cracking was off and on, but the giant bulge was still there, to the point I couldn't re-load them.

You shoot 10mm out of a g20. I have a g29. Is there any difference in the barrel that would give you those problems and not me?
Sierra9 is offline   Reply With Quote