Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 01-08-2010, 14:18   #1
mainegunner

m&p 45 c ?

Do any of you have a m&p 45 compact model or shot one? I am interested in getting some feed back on this particular pistol. Thanks
mainegunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 17:40   #2
82ndVet

Held one at the shop. Better looking and alot more comfortable that a G30.

In case you haven't seen this yet...

http://www.smith-wesson.com/wcsstore..._Catalog_1.pdf

M&P features - pg. 4
M&P .45s - pg. 5
Model specs - pg. 9

I bought a full size .45 a couple weeks ago, and I like it alot.
82ndVet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 18:38   #3
fastbolt

A M&P 45c is next up on my list of future purchases.

I'm one of those folks who have found that I can sometimes really notice a difference of half an inch when it comes to slide/barrel length, as well as even a slight reduction in grip height. Getting in & out of a car seat, and sitting in it, over the course of 8-18 hours a day, as well as desk chairs, can make such things noticeable compared to just standing in front of a mirror.

That being the case, the M&P 45c seems as though it might make me more willing to carry it compared to my full-size M&P 45, which is a great range gun, but just a bit tall in the grip height and long in the slide length.

Dunno. I do know that my full-size M&P 45 has been a surprisingly excellent .45 pistol. One which enjoy shooting more than my TDA alloy .45's or even my 1911's. I'd just like to have one a little bit shorter and less tall in the grip frame for those times I might feel like wearing it as a retirement CCW.

I prefer shooting my M&P 45 to the G21/G21SF, and I also agree that the M&P 45c I handled offers a more desirable grip, overall, compared to the G30. The fact that the grip inserts affect the grip's backstrap profile as well as the palm swell are a nicely done feature.

I was somewhat disappointed that the new Glock model only seems as though it will offer a slight modification of the backstrap profile. Reminds me of the early grip inserts offered on the 99 series.

Oh well, that's what's nice about having a number of options when it comes to good quality offerings from the major makers.
Sub Club #9; .40 S&W Club #1953; S&W Club #3913
Retired LE - firearms instructor/armorer

Last edited by fastbolt; 01-08-2010 at 18:43..
fastbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 23:51   #4
G33
CLM Number 296
Re-Assigned

Thinking about one.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

"I'd wager G would waterboard a salmon."--tous

"...those without swords can still die upon them." --Eowyn
G33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 14:09   #5
gatorboy

I've got one and like it so much I bought a 4.5" also. Now I have four guns in two. I can put the 4.5" on the c frame, I can do the opposite on the FS frame and I can keep them the way I bought them. The only serial #'s on them are on the frame so there is no issue with mismatched serial #'s either. I love these guns! I now have the FS40, 40c, FS45 and 45c. I'm planning on selling two Glocks and three Kahrs to keep my collection mean and lean.
gatorboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 01:36   #6
GT40

I have a 45compact and would not trade it for a bucket full of Glocks...In 4000 rounds, it has been flawless and shoots good, feels good and is easy to conceal...also, the extended 14 round mags work in it too.

GLOCK ARMORER SINCE 1995 - GSSF MEMBER
SUB CLUB #1469/G1 NINERS CLUB #1469/NRA MEMBER
GT40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 19:42   #7
DLebowski
NRA Member

I have a 45C, traded my G19 for it. Great pistol, eats everything I've put through it, great ergo's (virtually the same size as the G19, even fits my leather Bullard holster for my G19) and is very accurate.

The weaknesses are a gritty trigger and more difficult to dissasemble and
reassemble (full detail strip) than a Glock. There doesn't seem to be the availability of "drop in" parts for it like the Glock. Magazines are harder to find and are a bit more expensive than Glock mags.

I love my G34 (SSP and USPSA Production) and my G21sf (CDP). Would never part with them for competition use. I still carry my G32 too.

I carry the 45C nearly every day IWB in an MTAC. I highly recommend them.
DLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 11:46   #8
KappaAlphaASU

I own one and its a pretty nice gun. Its not my favorite .45 but i do like it.
KappaAlphaASU is offline   Reply With Quote