Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 01-08-2010, 20:30   #1
migm

Agrip arghs!

I've got a glock26 and I'm trying to put the agrip on it. The problem I'm running into is if I put it just under the slide release just under that little notch of the slide release then when I go to wrap it under the trigger on the right side the material is too low to fit flush against the bottom of the trigger guard. Any tips? I'm worried I'm gonna eff up this material and have to reorder.
M
migm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 20:57   #2
kennjen

I don't think the material is supposed to go "BELOW" the slide release.

See http://www.brookstactical.com/Pages/agripgal1.htm

The material may need to go under (Between the slide release and the Frame), it looks like to me....
kennjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 20:58   #3
migm

Yeah I just came to the same conclusion. Now I have a little extra on the sides on the end of the grip that I'm trying to tuck and pinch into the magazine well. I have a feeling this is going to make it hard to load a new mag
Old 01-08-2010, 21:02   #4
farley45

I messed up the first one I tried to put on.

I bought a pair of small scissors and a crafting razor blade (one that looked like a pen but had a small razor blade on the end). I used those to cut excess off of areas where it didn't want to go before or overlaped too much. It made the process much easier.
Old 01-08-2010, 21:08   #5
migm

Yeah I think I screwed it up. I assume the magazine is supposed to be able to fall freely from the well when the release button is activated? Not anymore.. I think it's because its not quite flush with the top of the frame since I was worried about the slide release. I'll probably take your suggestion and just trim the bottom pieces on the sides off unless there are any other suggestions or ideas?
Old 01-08-2010, 21:23   #6
racer88
NRA & SAF mbr

The instructions indicate the material is supposed to go under the slide release. I say no way. At least it would NOT fit under the slide release on my G27. So, I just cut the material around it.

I had to do a little bit of trimming elsewhere around the edges.... especially at the magazine well opening.

The only other issue I've had since is the material that extends in FRONT of the slide release kept peeling back as a result of holstering it in my Crossbreed Supertuck. So, I've cut that part off, too. I'll see if the rest stays put.

All that said, I like the Agrip. I think it's perfect for IWB and EDC. I have Talon grips on my HD G23, which I also like. But, I think it would be scratchy if I was carrying IWB.

Last edited by racer88; 01-08-2010 at 22:08..
racer88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 21:35   #7
migm

Agreed -- there's no way it would fit. I tried it and its just too thick and the release is just too flush against the frame
Old 01-09-2010, 12:06   #8
migm

Ah crap.. another problem. I need to get into the trigger housing assembly pin but the agrip covers this up. Arghhh now what?