Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 01-11-2010, 22:01   #1
dbush

Security Team Atlanta96

Dose any one know anyting about this Glock 17? It is marked Security team Atlanta GA1996, and is in a glass topped case that says the same.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks Darrell
dbush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 14:02   #2
Butch
CLM Number 29
RetiredDinosaur

Glock Collector's Club

What would you like to know about them?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

U.S. Army-MNNG 73-83 95 Bravo
NRA Life Member
When wondering who's advise to consider, check their profile to see if they have posted anything about their training or experience.
Butch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 16:26   #3
dbush

Value mostly it belonged to a friend and I am helping his wife sell a few things.
Old 01-13-2010, 19:52   #4
Butch
CLM Number 29
RetiredDinosaur

Value can be difficult with these. The first factor would be whether or not it has been fired (used) after leaving Glock. If it has been fired, it's a 'used' gun, and simply will not attain the same value as an unfired/new commemorative could. If the gun shows any 'wear' on the outside, it will most likely have the same value as any other used G17.

Unfortunately, even though I have one, I've not paid any attention to what the current value of this particular commemorative would be.....hopefully someone else can. I'd be a bit surprised if it has increased in value much though.

I suspect the best way to sell it (if that's the plan), would be to put it on consignment at a good sized gun shop. I would ask that they not let people handle it unless they are serious about purchase to avoid wear.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

NRA Life Member
When wondering who's advise to consider, check their profile to see if they have posted anything about their training or experience.
Old 01-13-2010, 20:01   #5
Butch
CLM Number 29
RetiredDinosaur

I checked on Gunbroker(.com) and found two listed. Both have starting prices of just under $800, but no one has placed a bid yet....which can mean that the starting price is too high.

NRA Life Member
Old 01-13-2010, 22:00   #6
dbush

Thanks Butch This is some what out of my line She is asking $700shipped I hope it will move and it has not been shot.
Old 01-14-2010, 22:54   #7
MakeMineA10mm
Lifetime Membership
300AAC brass

These sold to the security team members fairly cheap (~$500 as I recall), and about 8-10 years ago, a distributor "found" the last crate of left-overs of these in his warehouse and sold them for $525 at that time. Until the America's Heroes series came out, these were the largest-numerically-made (~2000+) Commemorative Glocks made. This has kept the price on them suppressed somewhat. I'd say, if it's NIB w/ display case and NO accessories, it's worth around $550-$650. I doubt you'll get any takers higher than that.

I had a buddy in the plain-clothes security detail part of the team, and we made an arrangement for me to get one of his "extras". (They let team members buy up to four, IIRC, and my buddy bought three - one for himself and two for friends.) He also hooked me up with a TON of accessories, such as the team badge, the plain-clothes division's ID pins, a uniform patch, etc. I was then able to locate most of the other accessories that were used for uniforms by the local (full-police-powers) police/security team members and the out-of-jurisdiction (non-full-police-powers) police/security team members. I figure, even with all the accessories I've got, I'd be lucky to get $800 for mine. Maybe $850. But, it's not for sale!
Attached Thumbnails
Glock Collector's Club - Click for larger version   Glock Collector's Club - Click for larger version  

Looking for: FBI 100yr, Bell Helo, FOP Lodge1, Kiowa Warrior, SCI, and any new/unknown-to-me commemoratives.
MakeMineA10mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 23:06   #8
snair

not trying to be nosy but doesnt she have a kid. during the 2002 winter games i worked at the village but my wife and i each got one of the comemarative sigs. we have never shot them but we are just going to give them plus a bunch of the pins etc to them.
snair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 06:22   #9
dbush

No children they married late in life.
Old 01-25-2010, 11:05   #10
MorpheusGPR

dbush,

You have any photos? Its never been fired right? Anything other then the G17 and wood case with it?

Send me some photos and more info.
MorpheusGPR is offline   Reply With Quote