Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 01-13-2010, 02:35   #1
domindart
urban rambo

Send a message via AIM to domindart
P-11

anyone have one? what are your xperiences? Im looking at getting one soon.
Old 01-13-2010, 06:36   #2
rich52us

Send a message via Yahoo to rich52us
Quote:
Originally Posted by domindart View Post
anyone have one? what are your xperiences? Im looking at getting one soon.
I've had one for over 10 years. It has been completely reliable for me. I pocket carried it for over 5 years with not issues. The only thing is that the rear sight became loose and KT fixed it immediately with no charge.

The trigger takes getting used to. It has a long hard pull much like a DA revolver. It can be mastered with a little practice and I am confident with it at pistol combat ranges and can easily keep all rounds CM at 7 yds or longer.

It's my car pistol now. It's a great little SD pistol and especially for the price. It fits my hand well, and carries 12+1 of 9mm in a package considerably smaller than a G-26. Get it and enjoy it.
#3014 in the Big Dawg , Kel-Tec , Sub, HK & Black Rifle Clubs. .
rich52us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 06:55   #3
9jeeps
Fogey

Had mine for several years.... Now stocked with CCI shot shells over FMJ flat nose. Works fine. I've a Side Clip on mine. Mostly I just drop it in a pocket or stash it in the vehicle. It's my go to since I retired my Glocks, mostly.

It's used for Ranch work, bedside, quick car/pickup. Shot little but trustworthy. Never have had a malfunction.

I do Fluff and Buff with all my Kel-Tecs. Consider all as reliable as any other Pistol or Revolver I now have.

Your call.
9jeeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 12:32   #4
Wilson 17&26

Quote:
anyone have one? what are your xperiences?
My daily carry away from home is a 15 year old black finished P-11 with 13 rounds of Cor-Bon. I love to shoot my Glocks but I’m just too lazy to carry that weight. I do recommend a trigger shoe and I find pinkie extensions added to 12-round magazines help my accuracy with this light pistol. The pinkie extensions add a bit to size (see below) but they work for me.
Kel-Tec Talk
Wilson 17&26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 19:21   #5
domindart
urban rambo

Send a message via AIM to domindart
thnx for the replies. Anyone have any suggestions on the type of ammo I should choose and what to avoid?

I think a pinkie extension would be in order too!

thnx
Old 01-13-2010, 19:53   #6
Wilson 17&26

Quote:
Anyone have any suggestions on the type of ammo I should choose and what to avoid?
My P-11s shoot anything. I usually practice with aluminum cased Blazer followed by a few Cor-Bon.
Wilson 17&26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 13:38   #7
eastbay

I have had mine for 3 months. Carry it everyday. It eats everything I feed it and I have not had 1 issue with it. Great little gun.
eastbay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 21:12   #8
Ebb27

I've got one.

Kel-Tec Talk

No problems to report.

Not a lot of fun to shoot but is a nice CCW-sized pistol.

It's shot every type of ammo I've tried including several brands of HPs and +P without a hiccup, but I generally carry it with FMJ.
Old 01-29-2010, 16:27   #9
Caver 60

Guess I'm a sour apple.

Had mine about 6 years. It's my knock around the farm gun. If it fell out of the holster and got ate by the bushhog or mower conditioner. I wouldn't cry too much over the loss.

However I've never been able to make mine 100% with HP's. Works great with FMJ. Believe me I've tried everthing I can think of to make it 100% with HP's, but while it eats most HP's, occasionally it fails. It's the only pistol I've ever owned that isn't 100% with HP's.

Even my two P3AT's are 100% with HP's. But I only carry FMJ in the P3AT's because I don't trust HP's to penetrate deep enough in any 380.

I use HP's in everything else I carry, except that P11. I figure around the farm I'll either be shooting something small (so FMJ will do the job anyway) or someting large like a angry or sick head of livestock and in that case I'd need all the penetration I can get. Never had to shoot anything except small varments around the farm.

The trigger is sort of difficult to use, especially in rapid fire.
Caver 60 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 14:40   #10
IBreakStuff

I had one the trigger pull really wasn't too terrible, it was the reset that was the killer I consistently short stroked it while firing under stress. If I find one with a green frame and parked slide I would probably get it for a fun gun.
Old 02-05-2010, 18:48   #11
glockess56
CLM Number 295
Charter Lifetime Member

I had one and liked it, but the Kel-Tec PF9 is better to me. It's lighter and thinner and still shoots 9mm.
glockess56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 19:27   #12
Angry Fist
Lifetime Membership
The Original®

I'm on my third one. Best small and CHEEP 13-rnd 9mm you can get, IMO. Can't tell im wearing it. Packed with 124 +P Golden Saber. Have 9PBLE for back up. With the belt clip, I wouldn't call it Mexican Carry, but I have yet to get strenuous with it.
I want rustlers, cut throats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperados, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswogglers, horse thieves, bull dykes, train robbers, bank robbers, ass-kickers, s**t-kickers, Methodists, and the GTDS.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Angry Fist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 19:29   #13
GlockPreacher

Send a message via Yahoo to GlockPreacher
Had one... traded up to a Glock 31. Just recently purchased a PF9 and like it a whole lot more than the P11. I just thought the P11 had a really tough trigger pull, even with the trigger shoe. They are great guns and Kel Tec seems to back everything with great customer service!
Old 02-27-2010, 20:46   #14
KCTanfoglio

Had a P11 also. Ran flawlessly, but just couldn't get comfortable with the trigger. Sold it. Have a PF9 now, much better trigger. Also carry a Kahr CW9, G36 and P3AT depending on the outfit I'm wearing...
KCTanfoglio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 22:02   #15
Angry Fist
Lifetime Membership
The Original®

I took mine to the range today, and after talkin' to an old timer, who taught me the ins and outs of "creep", I shot a fine 4" group at 7 yards... great BUG!!! And with the belt-clip, you ain't gunna catch me printing!
I want rustlers, cut throats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperados, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswogglers, horse thieves, bull dykes, train robbers, bank robbers, ass-kickers, s**t-kickers, Methodists, and the GTDS.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Angry Fist is offline   Reply With Quote