GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 01-13-2010, 10:35   #1
S9Man

Used 229 for the price of 2 used Glocks??

I fell in lust with a used SIG 229 elite in 9mm. It's on layaway at the local gun shop for $700. It is like new in the box. I looks unfired. It's been on layaway for 2 months and I've been wondering if I should pick it up or cancel it. (I most probably will pick it up) My last Glock pruchase was a model 22 with night sites, 3 mags, box in like new condition for $350. The SIG has a black nitron finish with some really nice handfilling wood grips. The pistol appartently was purchased in the same store and scans $1100 on the bar code according to a salesman I trust there, so the 229 seems like a good deal??? Compared to getting two Glocks for the price, maybe not? Will it retain it's value better than a Glock? It will only be used for plinking on the farm or at the range. I have Glocks for use where a pistol might be abused in some way. Is a SIG 229 elite in the gun safe better than $700 in the bank right now?
Old 01-13-2010, 21:25   #2
Cobra64
Deals in Facts

Quote:
Originally Posted by S9Man View Post
I fell in lust with a used SIG 229 elite in 9mm. It's on layaway at the local gun shop for $700. It is like new in the box. I looks unfired. It's been on layaway for 2 months and I've been wondering if I should pick it up or cancel it. (I most probably will pick it up) My last Glock pruchase was a model 22 with night sites, 3 mags, box in like new condition for $350. The SIG has a black nitron finish with some really nice handfilling wood grips. The pistol appartently was purchased in the same store and scans $1100 on the bar code according to a salesman I trust there, so the 229 seems like a good deal??? Compared to getting two Glocks for the price, maybe not? Will it retain it's value better than a Glock? It will only be used for plinking on the farm or at the range. I have Glocks for use where a pistol might be abused in some way. Is a SIG 229 elite in the gun safe better than $700 in the bank right now?
Let's see... You have two Glocks already.

You can add two more Glocks for the price of a Sig.

End result possibilities of you decision:

Two Glocks and an $1,100 Sig

or

Four Glocks

If you have to ask; get the two Glocks. You won't have to learn how to operate a Sig either.
Cobra64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 00:09   #3
G33
CLM Number 296
Re-Assigned

2 months?
Charge for cancel?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

"I'd wager G would waterboard a salmon."--tous

"...those without swords can still die upon them." --Eowyn
G33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 06:18   #4
CigarGuy

How many Glocks does one need?
The only analogy I can use is a cigar reference. A $30 cigar is NEVER 2x as good as a $15 cigar. With that said, it sure is sweet to shoot, errrr, smoke a $30 cigar!
CigarGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 06:58   #5
Morris
CLM Number
Charter Lifetime Member

Shrug. Sorta like ARs. You have a LWRC that can be the price of two Colt 6920s. Does the price matter or the function?

If the Sig fits your hands well, shoots well, does for you what you expect, then the price will be moot. If you are concerned about the cost and dwell on it, the Sig will probably never feel 100% to you. I know, been there.

Of course, I say that as my local FFL has a lovely two tone 229 for $700 . . . that I have handled . . . and liked, nay, lusted after.

Certified Glock Armorer
Certified M&P Armorer

Say NO! to Washington I-594
Morris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 06:35   #6
backbore

Send a message via Yahoo to backbore
I've been struggling with that issue. I don't like paying $700.00+ for a handgun that frankly I don't think is worth that much. I buy my Sigs used. Picking up a P6 next week! My last Sig was a CPO (a 220ST for $595.00). I intend to buy another P6 after this one (great deals) and that'll be it for Sigs.
backbore is offline   Reply With Quote