Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 01-12-2010, 22:56   #1
nick425

Heavy trigger pull?

What would cause this? I compared my G17 gen3 to my "new" G22 gen2 and the G22 has a much heavier trigger pull. I took the whole thing apart and cleaned it and it feels much heaver than the stock 5lb trigger and it does not have any aftermarket trigger connectors. Let me know, thanks!
nick425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 21:05   #2

maybe, the 17 has a 3.5 connector, or the striker springs are not the same.
1006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 12:18   #3
FillYerHands
you son of a

It might have the NY trigger installed, too. Is there a regular S shaped sping connecting the trigger bar to the mechanism housing?

Here's the different trigger springs:

Gunsmithing

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Clip? Magazine? Who cares? Take

|
|
Life Member |

Last edited by FillYerHands; 01-15-2010 at 12:21..
FillYerHands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 13:51   #4
h&kbama

Older parts in Gen 2, rougher cut/manufactured? I have several Glocks and after taking them apart, each trigger bar & connector are the same basic shape/configuration. However, the fit and finish of each one seems to be a little different. They eventually wear-in to be ok. Or the Gen 2 might have a different trigger spring system (NY1 or NY2) as previously stated. Good luck.

Last edited by h&kbama; 01-15-2010 at 13:54..
h&kbama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 19:28   #5
nick425

Has the coil
nick425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 20:48   #6
Glockrunner
HOOYA DEEPSEA

Send a message via Yahoo to Glockrunner
My NIB 23 had the verticle extention dragging on the bottom of the slide. Took a new triggerbar to fix it and plenty od dry firing even at that.
Old 01-22-2010, 12:17   #7
FillYerHands
you son of a

You could also try doing the famous 25 cent trigger job - polish the parts of the trigger system that rub together. See http://www.alpharubicon.com/mrpoyz/glock/

This would take care of rough trigger parts.

Clip? Magazine? Who cares? Take

|
|
Life Member |
FillYerHands is offline   Reply With Quote