SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 01-17-2010, 00:02   #1
ussoldier202
Infantry

Ak Stocks

Ive been searching the web for days for a stock set for WASR 10, I found this site and never heard of them. Anybody ever buy from them or know the quality of thier products?

http://www.veriforcetactical.com/gun...OCK%20SETS/76/
ussoldier202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 07:01   #2
mrmedina
NRA Member

I never bought nothing from them, but I do use the site as a reference for equipment.

Big Dawg #1406, Sub Club #104
Kalashnikov Klub# 1105, Black Rifle Forum #1105
mrmedina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 11:39   #3
pariah

www.k-var.com/
Available Worldwide!
pariah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 16:53   #4
Jack Greenwell

I saw one at a gunshow, it seemed cheap (both workmanship and materials). I got a romy sidefolder and love it.
Old 01-17-2010, 23:56   #5
ussoldier202
Infantry

I have a side folder on my SKS but want to do somethin different, Im wanting to get a collapsible m4 style stock, I think im goin with CAA. Also tryin to find a decent top scope mount instead of a side mount, unless a side mount is the best way to go. I already orderd my Eotech. I really appreciate any feedback. Now when I finally get out of Iraq I will have some toys to play with!!!
ussoldier202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 06:12   #6
hoosier#17

Quote:
Originally Posted by pariah View Post

These guys or surplus.
hoosier#17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 07:38   #7
War Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ussoldier202 View Post
I have a side folder on my SKS but want to do somethin different, Im wanting to get a collapsible m4 style stock, I think im goin with CAA. Also tryin to find a decent top scope mount instead of a side mount, unless a side mount is the best way to go. I already orderd my Eotech. I really appreciate any feedback. Now when I finally get out of Iraq I will have some toys to play with!!!
If you want a top mount, skip all the handguards with integrated rails. They simply will not hold a zero. Likewise with railed dust covers. The handguard and dust cover do not attach solidly enough to the rifle to be use for mounting sights. Unless you're just going for a look and don't really care if it actually works. An Ulitmak rail would be your best soultion (IMO)for top-mounting, with a Beryl-style rail as your second option and an aluminum quad rail as yout third.

As for the vendor you linked to in your first post, I would contact them and ask who is the maker of the stocks they are selling. That will help you better judge the quality and price. Also, where the stocks are made (country of origin) can be important for 922r compliance.

Last edited by War Hammer; 01-18-2010 at 07:40..
War Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 08:53   #8
.45Super-Man

I went with a plum, warsaw length set from K-Var for the WASR. They are overpriced but they're the only synthetic stock set for the AK that actually looks "right" in my opinion.
.45Super-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 12:21   #9
WIG19
Light left on

Quote:
Originally Posted by .45Super-Man View Post
I went with a plum, warsaw length set from K-Var for the WASR. They are overpriced but they're the only synthetic stock set for the AK that actually looks "right" in my opinion.
Completely agree, right down to the color.

ETA: As to a top-mounted optic that will really work, no bs, you would be hard-pressed to find anything better than the Ultimak, period. Also, properly installed, some folks report some measure of accuracy improvement, likely most noticeable on the guns thought of as being less than stellar in that department. My WASR will hit your little dessert-size paper plate, at 300m, where the full dinner size would've been needed before.

Last edited by WIG19; 01-19-2010 at 12:26..
WIG19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 15:57   #10
dglockster

http://www.ironwooddesigns.com/IWDsite/IWDHome.html has an excellent rep among all the AK sites.

Lone Star Glockers #3236, Top Guns 357Sig Club #3226, Niner #2632, .40 S&W Club #2332, Kalashnikov Klub 11147, Wheelhouse #2357
dglockster is offline   Reply With Quote