Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 01-21-2010, 00:03   #1
njl

Mossberg 500 Knox/Blackhawk Compstock

I finally bought a Compstock to tame the recoil of my 500. It arrived today and I just finished installing it. It's kind of funny / I'm kind of bummed...it seems to be a Hogue overmold stock set, that's been modified to add the recoil reduction spring system...and while there is a threaded hole for a sling mount, the instructions warn not to use it because it's in the path of the part of the stock that moves. They say you can attach a sling 1.25" forward of that one, but I wonder how much meat is there for the screw to anchor in.

What other sling options are there for a 500 with a compstock? I know about the GG&G one that fits between the stock and the action...but the compstock already adds to the LOP, and I don't know that I want another .25"...and if you do that, do you end up needing a longer bolt to attach the stock to the action?

The Compstock kit also came with a Hogue overmold foreend, but it doesn't appear to be compatible (at least not without some additional parts) with my recent 500.
Old 01-21-2010, 09:21   #2
CTfam
DREAM BIG.

I would shoot for the mount that goes between the stock/receiver. (Whatever it's called) Or if you have short arms and length is a concern maybe sell that stock and get the Spec OPs. I'm very happy with mine. Fully adjustable and very ergonomic. Only issue is engaging the safety is kinda goofy on the Mossbergs with a PG. Good luck.