SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 01-18-2010, 00:49   #1
BMG22

Caspian frames

Hey all,

I know Caspian has a good rep in the 1911 world, but I wanted to hear from some actual users firsthand.

Have any of you used a Caspian 1911, specificaly the frame? What can you tell me about them? Are they good quality, do they function well?

I'm debating getting a couple for a different custom projects. One, I want to get so I can put either a Kimber or other rimfire conversion on it. The other....well......either a 10mm pistol or set up for 10mm mech tech unit.

Have the G17, G22 (x2), G23, G27, G35.....want the G24 (do I need to mention the G25 and G28?)
Autobots! Transform and roll out!
BMG22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 01:03   #2
HAIL CAESAR

Yes, I have used a couple. They are very good quality. But past my merger experience the top gunsmiths in the country use them and recommend them.......that ought to tell you something.

If you have anymore questions fell free to ask.
HAIL CAESAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 01:05   #3
HAIL CAESAR

I meant to say I have used Caspian frames and slides. Good stuff Bud!
HAIL CAESAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 07:23   #4
I am plastic

I bought a set years back. Thought I got a good deal on it but recently looked at and it's actually made from a sister company of Caspian, Foster.

It's been in the safe for years. I forgot about it and it still sits there, unassembled.

Maybe some day I'll get around to doing something with it.
I am plastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 19:09   #5
BMG22

Thanks guys! I have never heard anything bad about them at all, just wanted a little input from some end users. Methinks as soon as I get done with my AR build, I may have to look into a couple 1911 builds.

On that note, I have a couple more questions. Are the internals totally different for a 10mm (I'm debating mechtech)? And in regards to using one for a Kimber rimfire conversion, are the standard .45 internals all I would need? I wouldn't think otherwise, but it never hurts to ask.

Have the G17, G22 (x2), G23, G27, G35.....want the G24 (do I need to mention the G25 and G28?)
Autobots! Transform and roll out!
BMG22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 06:01   #6
JohnTz

I had a custom caspian built 10 years ago. Industrial hard chrome finish, storm lake match barrel, briley bushing, titanium trigger,fully polished internals all the bells and whistles, etc and will only shoot federal gold medal match swc. It is a pleasure to shoot. Took about 250 rounds to get it perfectly reliable but since then there has been over 5000 rounds through it with absolutely zero problems. Go Caspian you will be very happy. The quality is second to non and they simply build a fantastic frame/slide set. But remember it is only as good as the smith who puts it all together. The good smith can make any frame shoot well and the not so good smith can make any frame shoot badly.
JohnTz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 10:04   #7
nam02G
Angry Bunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am plastic View Post
I bought a set years back. Thought I got a good deal on it but recently looked at and it's actually made from a sister company of Caspian, Foster.
Actually Foster Industries is the name of the parent company. Caspian is their brand name for firearms. I shot a 38 Super open gun in IPSC made on a Caspian highcap frame. Only problem I ever had with it in many, many thousands of rounds is that one day the ambidextrous safety broke.
Old 01-19-2010, 10:37   #8
I am plastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by nam02G View Post
Actually Foster Industries is the name of the parent company. Caspian is their brand name for firearms. I shot a 38 Super open gun in IPSC made on a Caspian highcap frame. Only problem I ever had with it in many, many thousands of rounds is that one day the ambidextrous safety broke.
Wow, learn something new everyday. I thought maybe I had a cheap knock of a Caspian but it really is a Caspian. Things that make you go "hmmmmm".

One of these days I'll get around to doing something with it other than using it as a paper weight in the safe!

Thanks for the info...
I am plastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 17:31   #9

http://www.fosterind.com/

read all about it--
1006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 18:08   #10
Rinspeed
JAFO

Caspian is having a very good sale on frames and slides for the next couple of days. 30% off in I remember right. You snooze you loose.

You run and you run to catch up with the sun but it's sinking, racing around to come up behind you again, the sun is the same in a relative way but you’re older, shorter of breath and one day closer to death…
Rinspeed is offline   Reply With Quote