Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 01-19-2010, 14:34   #1
cowboywannabe
you savvy?

i just had to say how much i like my G20...

shot it again today with DT 165gr. loads.....man i really like this gun!

maybe its the gun size i like since this is my first fullsized Glock....my others are a G17 and G26......

im looking to swap my s&w 645 (auto) for a G21 if i can, there is something about these larger guns that just fits my hand so well.....(i used to have a G19 that fit me right too but "upgraded" to a G17....for some reason...)

now to save up for another 100 rounds of DT.....

Facts are no match against enthusiasm and ignorance...
cowboywannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 16:28   #2
527varmint

save that double tap for killing zombies

Google freakshow manufacturing. you can get like 1,000 rounds of full power 10mm 180gr FMJ. for like 400. It doesn't say it on the sight but i hear if you buy 1,000 the shipping is free. You can also mail the brass back and they will reload it for MUCH less.

I sleep better in bear country with a 10mm under my pillow!
527varmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 16:33   #3
Angry Fist
Lifetime Membership
The Original®

My G20 is my first Glock...LOVE IT!

Can't say enough good about it. I wanna get some 165's DT, cuz I shot their 135's, and they fragged way too much!
I want rustlers, cut throats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperados, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswogglers, horse thieves, bull dykes, train robbers, bank robbers, ass-kickers, s**t-kickers, Methodists, and the GTDS.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Angry Fist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 17:40   #4
Tmygun

I've got a G20 on the way (my first Glock) and I can't wait to get it. I've already ordered everything I'll need to roll my own ammo. I did order one box of the DT 200gr. JHP just to try out. What kind of groups are you guys getting at 25yds.? Do the G20's with fixed sights seem to prefer a certain weight bullet, or do they shoot all weights to POA?
Thanks for any input.

Tmygun
Tmygun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 18:18   #5
Angry Fist
Lifetime Membership
The Original®

New to glock? Remember that 1911 style pistols, and many more do not shoot to point of aim, rather the 6 o' clock. 10mm is one of the flattest shooting cartridges without stepping up to magnum revolvers.
I want rustlers, cut throats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperados, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswogglers, horse thieves, bull dykes, train robbers, bank robbers, ass-kickers, s**t-kickers, Methodists, and the GTDS.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Old 01-20-2010, 18:21   #6
Angry Fist
Lifetime Membership
The Original®

I haven't myself shot too much variation in loads, but with full-house loads, at their speeds, and only ~25 yards, I would think you'll hit point of aim with almost any load. Check other posts, as there are many people with much more experience than me on the matter.

Old 01-22-2010, 04:07   #7
RockyMtnG20
NRA Life Member

Send a message via AIM to RockyMtnG20
Quote:
Originally Posted by 527varmint View Post
save that double tap for killing zombies

Google freakshow manufacturing. you can get like 1,000 rounds of full power 10mm 180gr FMJ. for like 400. It doesn't say it on the sight but i hear if you buy 1,000 the shipping is free. You can also mail the brass back and they will reload it for MUCH less.
Have you bought ammo from Freakshow yet? It's currently out of stock.. I wonder when it will be available.

I was starting to think twice about buying a 10mm, but if I can buy bulk ammo at that price I am all for it. I am planning to buy a G20SF and LW 20L slide & barrel plus maybe the 6.02" .40 conversion barrel. Will the 10 - 40 conversion barrel work in the 20L LW slide?
RockyMtnG20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 07:34   #8
Angry Fist
Lifetime Membership
The Original®

It'll work, as will .357 SIG, and 9x25 Dillon. 4 calibers in 1 gun! . All without buying new mags...

Old 01-22-2010, 14:10   #9
cowboywannabe
you savvy?

i get remington green box 200gr. FMJ for $28.00 per 50 rounds and PMC 180gr. H.P. El Dorado starfires for $13.00 per 20 rounds at my local shop, though none of it is 10mm power level it gives me something relatively cheap to shoot and the PMC stuff is pretty descent (in a defensive pinch) according to my back yard testing though again it aint no 10mm level.

if i could find Win STHP stocked i'd load up when i could afford it since i wouldnt have to pay shipping, til then i'll get DT when i can.

Facts are no match against enthusiasm and ignorance...
cowboywannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 16:03   #10
leadslinger13

I have finally been getting a chance to get to the range each saturday to sight in my various rilfes (sweish M96 Mauser, saiga AK conversion, 10/22) and each time i shoot 40 22 lr rounds then 2 mags of 10 mm (Canned heat ammo and stormlake barrel). The past two weeks i have been shooting the 40 conversion barrel (kkm got used) and man i am either getting better or this barrel is super accurate. It could be the 40 s&W (winchester white box) rounds out of the 20 as well. today goups of clover leafs and ragged hole shots about 12 yards. Next week i am going to take 2 mags of 10 mm (storm lake barrel) and 2 mags of the 40 (kkm barrel) to compare shooting characteristics and accuracy. The more i shoot it the more i like it, one of the best weapons i have owned. Great accuracy, ease of maintainence, great ammo capacity and versatility. I never thought i would enjoy a Glock this much. Can't wait to start reloading and really get this puppy warmed up.
"Life shouldn't be a journey to the grave arriving in an attractive well preserved body, better to skid in sideways, cigar in one hand, favorite beverage in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, screaming WAA HOO - What a Ride!"
leadslinger13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 18:27   #11
texas 48
Gold Membership
Citizen

Got my G20 Today

I have a pair of G29's configured exactly the same use both for carry. I also had a Gen 2 1995 G22 that I bought a couple of months ago for 300.00. Today I went to a gun show here in town and found a NIB G20 for $505.00. traded in my G22 and walked out the door with my twins big brother for only 160.00 out of pocket. Needless to say I hit the jackpot with this one.
I use DT 165gr golden sabers for carry ammo and roll my own for the rest using new brass from Starline and bullets from Montana Gold. Have new rounds for 30.00 per hundred and with the used brass 17.00 per hundred.

Love the 10MM and now I have both Glocks made for the round. I am stoked to get to the range to see how the big boy performs and the differences between the 2 models. I guess in a few months I will be getting the itch for the SF models. Maybe I better hold on long enough until the Gen 4's come out.
texas 48 is offline   Reply With Quote