Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 01-22-2010, 14:35   #1
JMiller

Kimber Pro Carry II

I bought one of these for a good price used. I noticed not much is said about them here. I am new to the 1911 scene so go easy. I heard the Kimber was a great gun but after some looking on here I am starting to wonder. I have replaced the factory Mag with the Wilson already. What else can you tell me about this gun. I noticed some talk about external and internal extractors whats this and how do I tell which one I have?
JMiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 15:23   #2
Rinspeed
JAFO

Kimber sells a boatload of 1911s every year and the do put out quite a few dogs but when the run right they are a decent 1911. I'm not big on the fact that the $1400 ones have the same marginal quality internal parts as the $800 ones. I've owned two with internal extractors and they both ran very well but I only use top quality mags.

The external extractor models were such a flop that the switched back to internal and even started swapping slides on pistols sent in for service. The external extractor is a great concept in my opinion but they just couldn't get it right. Kimbers customer service down right sucks so if you have problems I wouldn't send it back to them. Here is a Raptor with external.

1911 Forums

You run and you run to catch up with the sun but it's sinking, racing around to come up behind you again, the sun is the same in a relative way but you’re older, shorter of breath and one day closer to death…
Rinspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 17:30   #3
JMiller

I see the difference now. Mine is an internal.
JMiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 18:03   #4
AZ Husker

The Pro Carry is a great choice. Just maintain it and shoot it. Kimber recommends replacing their recoil springs every 800 rounds on the 4" guns. Go to Wolff's site and pick up a couple of theirs made specifically for the 4" Kimber.
http://www.gunsprings.com/