Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 01-22-2010, 18:58   #1
Glock27NY

1911 issue

I have a 1911 that i sent out to electroless nickel plate. Before it was sent out i didnt have any issues with it,now it seems like the rear end of the magazine hangs lower when inserted and gun wont chamber a round unless I push the mag up and release the slide at the same time. After first round is chambered with me pushing the mag up and releasing the slide, gun functions flawlessly. Ive tried different magazines with the same result. Basicly when I try to chamber a round slide gets stuck on the rim of the casing. Any ideas what the problem might be? <!-- / message --><!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: ad_showthread_firstpost_sig --><!-- END TEMPLATE: ad_showthread_firstpost_sig -->
Glock27NY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 20:04   #2
MADBMW

My guess would be that the new finish has changed some tolorance in regards to the way the magazine sits in the gun when seated. I can't think of why, because I don't think electo nickle is that thick of a plating, but I could be wrong (and often am). Best advise I could give is to call the company and have them make it right, or get it to a known smith to examine. Sucks for sure.
Old 01-23-2010, 21:48   #3

You may have gotten the wrong mag catch installed. The hieght that they hold the mag in the reciever is different on some guns. Some one else may have yours in their gun. You could try a different model mag. I have been told -- no direct knowlege here -- that Colt and STI mag catches hold the mag higher up.
1006 is offline   Reply With Quote