Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 01-23-2010, 14:47   #1
Bruce M

Remember when

I longingly remember a time when the selection and price of ammunition was appreciably better at the gun show than at Walmart
I never talked to anyone who had to fire their gun who said "I wished I had the smaller gun and fewer rounds with me" Just because you find a hundred people who agree with you on the internet does not mean you're right.
Bruce M is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 15:06   #2
82ndVet

Are they jacking up the price at the shows now? I haven't been to one in a couple of years, but will be going in Feb. to a local show. What should I be expecting as far as price? Examples would help alot....
82ndVet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 16:07   #3
fiasconva

Law of supply and demand. If Walmart doesn't have it and you need some, the only place you can find it may be at a gun show. Then you have to decide if it's worth the price.
Old 01-23-2010, 20:11   #4
G23c

I agree, every now and then there are good prices on milsurp,
G23c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 21:00   #5
Brucev

Last weekend I went to a nice sized local gunshow. I found the price of most ammo to be higher than the same item at Wal-Mart. That in itself did not bother me as I figure on WWB, etc., Wal-Mart is likely to have the best price. What did concern me was to see reloaded .45 ACP with lead bullets priced the same as jacketed ball ammo at Wal-Mart. And the idea that reloaded jacked ball would cost even more was to me rediculious. On the other hand, I did find numerous sellers offering various SD/HD ammo at prices only slightly higher than what one might pay ordering on-line. I only found one person selling primers... any size rifle or pistol for $34/1000. I did not buy any as a local shop has them for $31/1000. Sincerely. Brucev.
Brucev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 08:54   #6
82ndVet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brucev View Post
I did find numerous sellers offering various SD/HD ammo at prices only slightly higher than what one might pay ordering on-line.
So, it would almost be like the online price with shipping, if you were buying somewhere around 6-10 boxes...?
82ndVet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 09:26   #7
Kalmah
Supreme Member

I longingly remember when Wally World always had ammo in stock, and it wasn't all that difficult to find online deals that beat their prices - even when shipping costs were factored in.

As far as gun shows go, I can't remember the last time I found a good ammo deal at one. Now I go just to laugh at the prices people are charging. I know ammo isn't as plentiful as it used to be, but still, I don't know anyone in their right mind who would pay $40 for a WWB 100 round value pack of 9mm or $400 for a case of Wolf 7.62x39. I did see these prices at the last show I was at a couple months ago.
Old 01-24-2010, 14:25   #8
Bruce M

This morning WalMart-

40 Cal $14 357 Sig $23 22-250 $19 300 win mag and 7mm Rem magnum $26 The 555 box of 22 lr $15
Of course no 9mm in stock

Noon time Gun show (Lauderdale) no 22-250 300 win mag $27

Didnt see and 7mm Rem Mag 357 Sig $23 The 33 box of 22 lr $15

The only thing close to a "deal" was the guy up on the stage who had 9mm at $13 a box It was either Fiochi or Sellier and Bellot I forgot which - zi should have wrote it down. Of course I should have bought Microsoft stock on day two
I never talked to anyone who had to fire their gun who said "I wished I had the smaller gun and fewer rounds with me" Just because you find a hundred people who agree with you on the internet does not mean you're right.
Bruce M is online now   Reply With Quote