Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 01-24-2010, 00:46   #1
shineybore

Reloading price increases @ local gun store

I went to my local gun shop today to replinish my reloading stock I just depleted. Last week I stopped in after work to make sure they had what I needed. Plenty of stock on hand. So today I went to do some man shopping. Well I left pis*ed off and empty handed. Last week a pound of Reloader 10 was 18.95 today it was 28.95. 1000 cci primers last week 32.95 today 49.95. I asked the owner what the hell happend since last week? He said " Maaaaaaaaaaaaan I can't get my hands on anymore reloading supplies. My suppliers are only selling to companies who buy in bulk." He had at least 10 1 lb containers of the one I wanted RL10. His shelves were full of powder and primers of various manufacturers. I planned on buying 5 1lb containers and 3 boxes(1000) of the cci primers. Well not at those prices. I guess since the stock market went down last week reloading prices went up. I'm checking into buying online now. That is such a huge jump in one week.
shineybore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 02:33   #2
robin303
Helicopter Nut

I spent 3 days on the web looking for stuff. All I see 99.9% of the time is Out Of Stock. Back Order OK. I'm happy to get a few thousand primers and a lb of powder.
Old 01-24-2010, 05:07   #3
sourdough44

I can do primers at $35 but not any higher. I'd look elsewhere local or mailorder.
sourdough44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 07:33   #4
dwhite53

+1 Sourdough

Then go back and show him the receipt.

All the Best,
D. White
dwhite53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 08:39   #5
oldsoldier

Try here. http://www.powdervalleyinc.com/ Don't forget to add in the hazmat fee and shipping to determine if it is cheaper than local. My local dealer is selling CCI primers for $25.50 per 1K. Most powders are $16.95 to $18.95 per lb. He told me that new stock coming in will be more expensive because the distributors raised prices. Powders will average about $20 per lb or a little more. He doesn't know on the primers yet. I save up and order from Powder Valley in large enough amounts to save a lot of money.
oldsoldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 10:55   #6
shotgunred
reloading nut

I have two local dealers that sell primers. one at $34 and one at $40 guess which I buy at?

I also keep 10K primers and 20lbs of powder in emergency use only pile. That way I could suck it up quite a while if I had to. But I didn't even have to dip into it in the last year.
and motivated by pride and vanity.
shotgunred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 15:25   #7
marchboom

Quote:
Originally Posted by shineybore View Post
I went to my local gun shop today to replinish my reloading stock I just depleted. Last week I stopped in after work to make sure they had what I needed. Plenty of stock on hand. So today I went to do some man shopping. Well I left pis*ed off and empty handed. Last week a pound of Reloader 10 was 18.95 today it was 28.95. 1000 cci primers last week 32.95 today 49.95. I asked the owner what the hell happend since last week? He said " Maaaaaaaaaaaaan I can't get my hands on anymore reloading supplies. My suppliers are only selling to companies who buy in bulk." He had at least 10 1 lb containers of the one I wanted RL10. His shelves were full of powder and primers of various manufacturers. I planned on buying 5 1lb containers and 3 boxes(1000) of the cci primers. Well not at those prices. I guess since the stock market went down last week reloading prices went up. I'm checking into buying online now. That is such a huge jump in one week.
Could his gouging be anymore obvious? Tell him to buy his supplies at Powder Valley. He could still make a profit. But increasing those components that much is a sure sign that he wants to go out of business...and deserves to.

And we can thank the obama syndicate for this problem.
The obama administration and the democrat party...the ultimate in domestic corruption and dedicated to the destruction of the United States.
marchboom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 18:25   #8
ignantmike

cheapest primers around me....WLPP 39.99 1k......
rimfire club member #504
ignantmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 18:35   #9
GlockMonk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ignantmike View Post
cheapest primers around me....WLPP 39.99 1k......
You should see my local dealer's price then, $51.99 for a brick of WLPP. And no, it's not flying off the shelf, I wonder why

GlockMonk
GlockMonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 19:02   #10
Randy from Kansas

At Ace Hardware the CCI primers are $3.18 a box limit 3. I have not been buying because I still have quite a few on the shelves. Ace had all types in stock except large pistol. guess I can't complain
Randy from Kansas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 19:33   #11
kshutt

H&H Gun Range

Since Sportsman's Warehouse closed in north Oklahoma City, I've been lost on where to buy reloading components. I just recently discovered, however, that H&H Gun Range in Oklahoma City has a new section dedicated to reloading. I bought 2,000 Federal 150 large pistol match primers and a pound of Winchester 231. The bill was a little over $100.00.
kshutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 22:28   #12
PCJim

My son is in town (yeah!). Took him and a friend to the local gunshow today. Considering that most everything at these shows is a bit over priced, I did see one vendor selling primers there for $40/K. Although it wasn't too bad a price, it made me very glad that I had stocked up well in advance of the shortage.
PCJim is offline   Reply With Quote