Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 01-26-2010, 15:29   #21
GioaJack
Conifer Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiskyT View Post
Jack, things aint too bad if you can swing an iron 4 cavity for a while. I've heard they are heavy.

Wisky... it's said that necessity is the mother of invention, and I take that to heart. Since my back won't support me when trying to sit up I've adapted to that little inconvenience by resting my forearms on the edge of the bench while casting. I sit in a high breakfast bar type chair so it's a pretty natural position for me.

During the entire casting process I have at least one forearm leaning against the bench, usually my left arm since I hold the mould in my left hand.

The thing that slows me down the most is not being able to sit at long stretches so my normal routine is to take a break every time the pot gets down to around 1/4 full... I take a break while waiting for the new lead to melt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado4Wheel View Post
Wow, great pictures. Thanks. How deep is that bench? It looks like it's about 36" or so.

Steve... I have 4 benches and they're all the same size, approx. 40 inches high and 33 inches deep. No rhyme or reason... just seems to work for me.

Jack

A PACIFIST is someone who won't raise their hands to defend themselves...
A COWARD is someone who won't raise their hands to defend someone else.
GioaJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 16:05   #22
Bob2223
Jack's buddy!

I cast outside today it was 19 degree, I'm not as fortunate as Jack I cant cast in the house.
In the last week I've casted enough boolets to keep me shooting for a while and some for trading with my shooting buddy's.

800+ 401 155gn HPs
1,000+ 401 175 gn TC
1,600+ 358 151 gn RN
2,100+ 452 200 gn SWC

All the lead I have was free, and I get some free wheel weights although I have paid $25 for a 5 gal bucket it's normally $20 a bucket.
It works out to less then 12 cents a lb for all the alloy I have on hand.
Just tryin to push Steve off the fence

Reloading

Bob
Back Yard Shooting Competition

Last edited by Bob2223; 01-26-2010 at 16:45..
Bob2223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 17:42   #23
Colorado4Wheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob2223 View Post
Reloading
Bob

Thats kinda sexy for some strange reason.
Old 01-26-2010, 17:49   #24
Bob2223
Jack's buddy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado4Wheel View Post
Thats kinda sexy for some strange reason.
Sounds like your almost ready to start casting?

Go visit Jack he has a ton of WW he got for free!

Bob
Old 01-26-2010, 18:04   #25
GioaJack
Conifer Jack

Quote:
Sounds like your almost ready to start casting?

Go visit Jack he has a ton of WW he got for free!

Bob

Better yet, go up and visit with bob2223's wife... she does the actual casting while Bob is busy making a soufflé or getting a pedicure.

Don't forget to try his 'goat fricassee'... I hear it's to die for... or is that 'die from? Now I'm confused.

Jack

Old 01-26-2010, 18:15   #26
Bob2223
Jack's buddy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GioaJack View Post
Better yet, go up and visit with bob2223's wife... she does the actual casting while Bob is busy making a soufflé or getting a pedicure.

Don't forget to try his 'goat fricassee'... I hear it's to die for... or is that 'die from? Now I'm confused.

Jack
Goat is in a lot of Italian sausage and pepperoni, bet you've eat a lot of it whether you knew it on not.

Bob
Old 01-26-2010, 18:24   #27
GioaJack
Conifer Jack

Quote:
Goat is in a lot of Italian sausage and pepperoni, bet you've eat a lot of it whether you knew it on not.

Bob

Ah, excuse me but real Italian sausage and pepperoni contain no goat meat or goat by-products... they are 100% kosher. Wait, that doesn't sound right... I'll have to get back to you.

Jack

Old 01-26-2010, 18:29   #28
WiskyT
Malcontent

Quote:
Ah, excuse me but real Italian sausage and pepperoni contain no goat meat or goat by-products... they are 100% kosher. Wait, that doesn't sound right... I'll have to get back to you.

Jack
There's a company down here called "Super Sod", I giggle every time I see one of their trucks. Nothing like a little brazhoot (di Parma), super sod, Locatelli, bread and some home made wine. I don't care if there's some goat in there or not.

"If you kill enough of them, they stop fighting."-General Curtis E. LeMay
WiskyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 19:30   #29
tlafrance
Missing AZ

Nice! I got out of casting when I could afford to buy bullets. Now I'm kicking myself because I gave away/sold all my equipment

Tom

"We need to save the planet from Liberals, not from incandescent light bulbs" - Kurt Larson
tlafrance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 08:11   #30
bno762

I'm gonna order me some moulds this week...I got me a bottom pour furnace I haven't got to use yet.....
Old 01-27-2010, 09:57   #31
GioaJack
Conifer Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by bno762 View Post
I'm gonna order me some moulds this week...I got me a bottom pour furnace I haven't got to use yet.....

I could have been using that as a flower pot all this time. I do use the knife all the time though... thanks.

Jack

Old 01-28-2010, 08:42   #32
bno762

Quote:
I could have been using that as a flower pot all this time. I do use the knife all the time though... thanks.

Jack
No problem... I need to get a bit more lead and been thinking about some 40 and 45 moulds. I'm leaning towards the Lee tumble lube moulds....just cause they're cheaper and supposedly you can get away without sizing the boolits. Any truth to that?

When I get a chance to cast I'll post some pics......of the boolits....not of me.
I really do appreciate the furnace and will be putting it to some good use(not a flower pot).
Also on a unrelated note the place we met last time...Its kinda close to a buddy of mine(D.M. Bullard Leather). He does holster work and been wrote up in a couple of the gun rags and stuff. He also does some shooting out there. Next time your in town out that way maybe we can set up some trigger time. Prolly won't happen soon but maybe this summer or in the fall. Just keep it in your head.
Old 01-28-2010, 11:58   #33
GioaJack
Conifer Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by bno762 View Post
No problem... I need to get a bit more lead and been thinking about some 40 and 45 moulds. I'm leaning towards the Lee tumble lube moulds....just cause they're cheaper and supposedly you can get away without sizing the boolits. Any truth to that?

When I get a chance to cast I'll post some pics......of the boolits....not of me.
I really do appreciate the furnace and will be putting it to some good use(not a flower pot).
Also on a unrelated note the place we met last time...Its kinda close to a buddy of mine(D.M. Bullard Leather). He does holster work and been wrote up in a couple of the gun rags and stuff. He also does some shooting out there. Next time your in town out that way maybe we can set up some trigger time. Prolly won't happen soon but maybe this summer or in the fall. Just keep it in your head.

Would have loved to meet for some shooting... was supposed to be in Florida this week for business in Orlando then back up to Ft. Worth for a week there. So much for well laid plans... the heavy haul business is off so much I got laid off 2 weeks ago as did my counter-part who did all the auctions on the west coast. Bummer... it was a perfect retirement job.

Not gonna lie down and give up... there are still too many people out there who need to be pissed off and hit with a nightstick. I'll hook up with some company eventually.

Used to take some time when I was in the Big D area and shoot at that range right off I-20 and exit 442B, I think it is. That's where I stopped for breakfast last summer and they broke into my truck and tore out the navigation system. Missed all the guns though.

Jack