Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 12-06-2009, 12:08   #1
CBennett

HK for CC

Ok if I come into a sum of $$ in the next few months I want to get a CC piece to replace the Glock 23 and relegate that to range use only(Horrible grips). I want a new CC piece and in HK I am wondering what would be the best selection. I have reviewed the HK lineup and have come up with 4 "competitors" I am fine with all 3 as far as caliber and round capacity go for CC. They are all 9mm. What would you go with

HK USPc 9mm
HK P2000 9mm(LEM???)
HK P2000sk(LEM)
HK psp/P7(and yes im good with just 8 rounds..i carry my Taurus CH85 with 5 rounds and feel fine)

obviously looking for something that would be good CC..I am assuming the USPc and the P2000 are around the same size as the Glock 23?????(I cant carry anything much bigger then the Glock 23 as thats about the MAX size I can CC...id actually like something SMALLER)

the SK I assume is the size of about the M&P compact..I dont like the Glock compacts where your pinky finger falls off thats a no go..I heard with the small lip and medium size hands that the SK SHOULD fit ok...

and the P7 well only drawback there IMO is getting a holster..Ive always loved this gun and thought that it was just made for CC!

Oh I like the USPc a bit because of the safety it can have in the one version..im assuming you could even carry it cocked and ready to go like a 1911??...but then again its probably the largest and thus probably least "concealable" of all of them also..

This would probably be my "once in a lifetime" gun that I get to spend over $450 on...
CBennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 12:32   #2
Aceman

The best CC H&K IMO is the P7 period. It's a unique creature. And awesomely accurate. There are holsters for it (I just don't know what they are!). It is class, style, funtion, and practicality all in one.

My next choice( and personal choice) would be the P2000sk. I, like you, am not a fan of free hanging pinkies. So a grip test is key. However...add an X-grip and regular
size P2000 mag and fixed! Not only fixed - but really awesome! 10 rounds, small gun, full grip. P2000 definitely a smoother gun than the USP for CC.

I'd go USPc next - primarily based on size.

P2000 would be a bit bigger than the USPc, but also smoother. Your call.

As I said - P2000sk with x-grip on full size P2000mags. But think about the P7. Nothing but love for that - it's just not for me/my wife.
Aceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 13:29   #3
HK-N-THE-HOUSE
Silver Membership

Hands down , P2000SK LEM any cal.
HK-N-THE-HOUSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 15:53   #4
H&K 4 LIFE
Leonum A Ignis

P2000 9mm compared to a Glock 19.

Heckler & Koch Forum

Heckler & Koch Forum

Heckler & Koch Forum

For CCW I would suggest a USPc or a close second, the P2000.

I really like the P7, but it has a very distinct manual of arms. Unless you will train with it constantly and neglect you other guns, IMO it's not worth carrying. On the P7 (euro) model the mag. release is on the heel of the grip. The mag. release on the P7M8 (american model) has a more favorable location, but is susceptable to inadvertant activation from vigorous reholstering. Both require you to use mostly custom holsters.

The P2000SK is a good choice, but the grip is small. If you have large hands, you will either tuck your pinky under with the flat baseplates (which are hard to find) or you will bunch your fingers up on the grip with the extended plates. You may not find either to be very comfortable.

I would also suggest you check out the P30, whose grip is second to none. Also, the P30S (P30 with manual safety) will be out sometime next year.
Old 12-06-2009, 17:06   #5
CBennett

I may have time to wait on the P30(or the S..I love those manual safeties). Thanks for the pics of size comparison. And yes..IF I got the P7 I would have that as my primary CC gun and the only real backup id have is the CH85 Taurus Revolver. The Glock 23 would either be sold or relegated for range use because of its horrid grips. I have average size hands right between a M and L glove size but very SKINNY fingers compared to most..I wear a size 6-7 ring. so id like to try the SK B4 I write it off..but if the pinky hangs I cant do it lol.

Last edited by CBennett; 12-06-2009 at 17:12..
Old 12-06-2009, 17:29   #6
Palmguy
Boom.

P2000 9mm LEM. Great carry gun.
Palmguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 17:33   #7
deadmonkey90
Pro Bass Angler

hk failed a side by side torture test with glock, no thanks.
deadmonkey90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 17:37   #8
Glockdude1
CLM Number 185
Federal Member

Out of your choices I would say:

HK P2000 9mm LEM

Old 12-06-2009, 17:52   #9
CBennett

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadmonkey90 View Post
Glock grips SUCK and ive got a Glock 23 to prove it no thanks Glock.
Old 12-06-2009, 18:26   #10
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glockdude1 View Post
Out of your choices I would say:

HK P2000 9mm LEM

I agree, very easy to CC.
Golden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 18:29   #11
NEOH212
Diesel Girl

Quote:
If your talking about the test that subjected both guns to treatment they neither of them would ever likely be subjected in the real world, than your are correct! However, considering that I would never do any of those things to any of my guns, ever, I will stick to my USP! I love Glocks, I just shoot my USP much better than any of my Glocks. It's what works for me and hasn't ever failed me! I can also say the same for my Glocks! They are both fantastic firearms all the way around and you can't go wrong with either of them! I was set hard core on Glocks until I purchased my USP 45 Compact. Ever since than, I have never looked back and don't intend to either! For me anyhow, HK is the clear winner hands down!
Old 12-06-2009, 18:50   #12
H&K 4 LIFE
Leonum A Ignis

Quote:
And Glock has failed other side-by-side "torture tests" compared to HK.

Your point?

Last edited by H&K 4 LIFE; 12-06-2009 at 19:00..
H&K 4 LIFE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 20:50   #13
CBennett

Quote:
Originally Posted by H&K 4 LIFE View Post
And Glock has failed other side-by-side "torture tests" compared to HK.

Your point?
his point is this is GlockTalk did you expect any less
Old 12-06-2009, 21:03   #14
H&K 4 LIFE
Leonum A Ignis

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBennett View Post
his point is this is GlockTalk did you expect any less
Well I am unsure if he will come back to defend his posting, or if it was simply a classic case of "drive by trolling".

I always find it humorous when people take these "torture tests" as the final word, as if it is any example how their individual pistol will peform on any given day while subject to a huge set of variables.
Old 12-06-2009, 22:17   #15
NEOH212
Diesel Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by H&K 4 LIFE View Post
I always find it humorous when people take these "torture tests" as the final word, as if it is any example how their individual pistol will peform on any given day while subject to a huge set of variables.
Well said. Like I wrote above, I used to be very hard core Glock. As in GLOCK ONLY until I purchased my first HK. I was hooked when I realized what I was missing out on. I still like my Glocks but, they are no HK by any means! The HK pistols are just so much more gun and overall, just plainly shoot better in my opinion. What you wrote is right on. A lot of these torture tests really don't prove a whole lot in my opinion. My thought on the torture tests is, "So what!" The proof of what a gun can do is what it does at the range. Both my Glocks and my HK go bang every time I pull the trigger. I can hit the target more times more accurately and shoot tighter groups with the HK. Guess which one I decided to carry!!!
Old 12-06-2009, 22:20   #16
deadmonkey90
Pro Bass Angler

actually i was not trying to make any kind of argument. always get the gun that you shoot better, and works better for your particular needs. obviously our pistols will never see any similar torture test senarios, but personally seeing hk stove pipe round after round in front of my face...

Last edited by deadmonkey90; 12-06-2009 at 22:26..
deadmonkey90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 00:25   #17
sigcalcatrant

Quote:
The guns that win these "torture tests" are ALWAYS the guns that the tester WANTS to win.
Some people are SO gullible.
Old 12-07-2009, 10:33   #18
H&K 4 LIFE
Leonum A Ignis

Quote:
... but personally seeing hk stove pipe round after round in front of my face...
I certainly will not call you a liar, if you say you saw it happen, then your basing your opinion on your experiences.

However, I can only draw conclusions based off of my own experiences as well. I have put many rounds through a fairly wide variety of different HK pistols and have never had a stoppage of any kind with any one of them.
Old 12-07-2009, 10:49   #19
Toml

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aceman View Post
The best CC H&K IMO is the P7 period. It's a unique creature. And awesomely accurate. There are holsters for it (I just don't know what they are!). It is class, style, funtion, and practicality all in one.
TT GunLeather for the P7 is fine quality and worth any wait.
http://www.ttgunleather.com/catalog/i35.html
Old 12-07-2009, 12:18   #20
CBennett

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toml View Post
TT GunLeather for the P7 is fine quality and worth any wait.
http://www.ttgunleather.com/catalog/i35.html
right now im really leaning to the P7. I had actually did a little research and the P7 with its bottom release(magazine) and it being less for the gun and the holsters are more available(can use holsters the P7M8 cant because of the mag release deal) seems to be front running. Seems to have the combo of being a nice C size and relatively THIN that some of the others dont have.