SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 01-26-2010, 23:42   #1
Javelin
Silver Membership
Got Glock?

MDARMS Saiga-12 20-round drums on sale.... $120!

Seriously....

http://www.mdarms.com/scripts/prodVi...idproduct=1714

By the way, you're welcome
Disclaimer: This writer is not a lawyer. This product is meant for entertainment and fan or political fiction purposes only and writer accepts no liability. All material should be considered as infotainment only. Writer does not own any characters, topics or subject matter in this story. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is for entertainment only. If rash, irritation, redness, or swelling develops, discontinue reading immediately and consult your physician.
Javelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 23:51   #2
BigDaddyK

Isn't that their regular price? I didn't see a sale reference anywhere either.
BigDaddyK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 02:11   #3
space_weazel

New Lower price, was $250ish up until a day or two ago.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Black Rifle Club #111
space_weazel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 15:44   #4
CTfam
DREAM BIG.

Hmmm there was NO way I was coughing up $250 for one. This is tempting but I still think I'd rather buy three 12 rounders instead. They do look like fun though...
Old 01-27-2010, 18:03   #5
DonL

That's because ProMag just showed off their 12/$103 and 20/$128 round drums at the SHOT Show.....And they both looked nicely made....Time will tell if they work.
DonL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 20:33   #6
Javelin
Silver Membership
Got Glock?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonL View Post
That's because ProMag just showed off their 12/$103 and 20/$128 round drums at the SHOT Show.....And they both looked nicely made....Time will tell if they work.
But have you ever actually brought a ProMag anything home and found that it worked well?

I'll stick with MDArms b/c at least I know what I am buying.

Disclaimer: This writer is not a lawyer. This product is meant for entertainment and fan or political fiction purposes only and writer accepts no liability. All material should be considered as infotainment only. Writer does not own any characters, topics or subject matter in this story. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is for entertainment only. If rash, irritation, redness, or swelling develops, discontinue reading immediately and consult your physician.
Old 01-28-2010, 00:04   #7
DonL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javelin View Post
But have you ever actually brought a ProMag anything home and found that it worked well?

I'll stick with MDArms b/c at least I know what I am buying.

I'm the test case here for the 12rd drum....On order and waiting for delivery. Mike's 20rder is nice...I have one. But, they are not what I would use tactically. If he had a 12rd drum I would buy his....He doesn't so I'm giving ProMag a shot.
Old 01-28-2010, 15:40   #8
stiletto raggio

Cameron at Chaos is developing a steel 10 round drum that is supposed to be super compact and feature some sort of fast reloading system. I have some ProMag stick mags that work fine but I bought them only as range toys. The AGPs get my nod for real use. MD is also going to bring out a BSOUBLE STACK stick magazine that will make the single stacks obsolescent if not completely obsolete.
"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.” -John 15:13

"Here's the truth, which you know in your heads and hearts already: Ineffective, unfocused violence leads to more violence. Limp, panicky, half-measures lead to more violence. However, complete, fully-thought-through, professional, well-executed violence never leads to more violence because, you see, afterwards, the other guys are all dead." –Larry Miller
stiletto raggio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 22:56   #9
Javelin
Silver Membership
Got Glock?

Quote:
I'm the test case here for the 12rd drum....On order and waiting for delivery. Mike's 20rder is nice...I have one. But, they are not what I would use tactically. If he had a 12rd drum I would buy his....He doesn't so I'm giving ProMag a shot.
Tactical or not a 20-round drum attached to my 11" Tromix will make short work of damn near anything IMHO. And why not have a couple extra for the hell of it?

Tactical Shotguns

You can't bring too much gun I always say.
Old 01-29-2010, 13:09   #10
California Jack

Sorry for the ignorant questions:

1-- Does the drum make it harder to comfortably reach the fore-end?

2) What will be the advantage of a 10 rd drum verses a 10 round double stack (when the doulbe stack comes out)?
Old 01-29-2010, 14:07   #11
DrtyHarry

One thing about the drum, if you have a folding stock, some of the stocks won't close completely if the drum is on. And why don't they make versions that shoot 3" shells is beyond me. All the same, I got two on the way.

DH
Old 01-29-2010, 15:17   #12
1time
Lifetime Membership

Re: MDARMS Saiga-12 20-round drums on sale.... $120!

I know MD Arms was working on a version that works with the new magwells that have come out. I'm betting he is now has that together and is unloading the old version. I can't believe Matt lowered the price on the only proven drum because of a promag drum.
1time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 17:34   #13
DonL

Quote:
Originally Posted by California Jack View Post
Sorry for the ignorant questions:

1-- Does the drum make it harder to comfortably reach the fore-end?

2) What will be the advantage of a 10 rd drum verses a 10 round double stack (when the doulbe stack comes out)?
1.....Yes and it's heavy fully loaded....ProMags 12rd drum was very small and would not have those traits.

2.....Smaller vertical profile at best. The flat double stack(I was hoping 12rds) would be easier to carry a bunch in a tactical vest....Best option IMO....And why I mentioned that a 20rd drum is not very tactical.
Old 01-29-2010, 17:38   #14
DonL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javelin View Post
Tactical or not a 20-round drum attached to my 11" Tromix will make short work of damn near anything IMHO. And why not have a couple extra for the hell of it?

Tactical Shotguns

You can't bring too much gun I always say.
I'm with yeah on the short work.....it's the long work where they are just too big. And I'm with yeah on the extras....Especially at $120....Be getting mine soon.

Oh...and NICE Tromix reworked Saiga.....Where's the vertical grip? Someone should make one that can swivel diagonally to either side when using the MD20.

Last edited by DonL; 01-29-2010 at 17:43..
Old 01-30-2010, 07:25   #15
1time
Lifetime Membership

I just checked out Saiga12 forum and I was wrong. Matt lowered the price due to the ProMag. Competition is great!
Old 01-30-2010, 09:42   #16
DonL

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1time View Post
I just checked out Saiga12 forum and I was wrong. Matt lowered the price due to the ProMag. Competition is great!
His name is Mike Davidson.
Old 01-30-2010, 23:24   #17
bigdough666

Badass, gonna have to get me one now for sure.

Javelin, how does that Eotech hold up on top of your Saiga? Im lookin into optic options as we speak.
Old 01-31-2010, 06:35   #18
1time
Lifetime Membership

Quote:
His name is Mike Davidson.
Wrong twice in the same thread. I need to sleep more.
Old 01-31-2010, 08:43   #19
DrtyHarry

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdough666 View Post
Badass, gonna have to get me one now for sure.

Javelin, how does that Eotech hold up on top of your Saiga? Im lookin into optic options as we speak.
I'm also going to be looking for some glass for my S12, what Eotech do you have on there? Like/dislike? Is that the Chaos quad rail or Halo?? THANKS!

DH
Old 01-31-2010, 11:12   #20
Javelin
Silver Membership
Got Glock?

It is the EO 512 that I got last year. No issues as it is a rugged little piece of engineering. Only gripe I might have is that I wish that the battery life of the AA's would be a little better as they need to be replaced every 6 months of or so of use casual range use.

Rails are the old HALO rails I managed to score before he stopped making them. Now I would definitly recommend the Chaos rails that are being sold albiet they are a little pricey.