SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 01-27-2010, 10:26   #1
jstang

Shot My First Reloads And

I still have both my hands.

After quite an adventure I finally shot my first home made rounds. After debating reloading for a while, I won $150 in Atlantic City one night and decided to use that money to start. I ordered the Lee Challenger Breach Lock kit which i received a few days later. I now agree with whateveryone says the scale sucks. Then came my search for components which is almost impossible in South Jersey. After finding Cabelas to have CCI Small Pistol Primers in stock they tell me they wont ship powder or primers to Jersey. So I finally found a shop in PA that has what I need so after a 4.5 hour journey I came home with some overpriced reloading supplies.

Put together 50 rounds of a 150gr Sierra JHP 5.8gr of Bullseye and CCI small pistol Primer. this is .40cal

After much anticipation and a little fear that if i messed up i could blow up made it to the range and shot them off with no problems. Now i just need to get some cheaper bullets so I can load some more.

Thanks to everyone on here whose posted advice on reloading if it wasnt for this forum I probably wouldnt have started.
jstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 10:32   #2
Palouse
Lifetime Membership
The Resistance

Congrats.

I've been loading shot shells for years, but I'm now set up to load for pistol, and all I lack is powder. For some reason, I'm nervous about pulling the trigger the first time. Good on you for making it past the rite of reloading passage.

I've got to hand it to you on perseverance. I thought I had it bad that no one has WSF in stock, but at least I can mail order it.
Old 01-27-2010, 10:40   #3
PBKing

Yeah..
I wish I could find some Seirra JHP....they perform very well, even at lower velocities. Very consistent.
Copy the need for plinkers though.
Congrats....

Last edited by PBKing; 01-27-2010 at 10:42..
PBKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 10:44   #4
vtducrider

Try precisiondelta.com for bullets. Their FMJ's are only slightly more than lead bullets, and are very good. The only problem is that it takes 2 months for them to ship your order due to backlog. I usually place another order shortly after I receive a shipment. Another manufacturer I use is Berry's Manufacturing. Reasonably good copper plated stuff. Can't help you with primers if the catalog places don't ship to Jersy.

Welcome to the world of reloading.
vtducrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 19:32   #5
glocknick

it sure is a relief after you fire off the first few rounds you made isnt it. i was so nervous i was actually thinking of wearing a heavy glove just in case.
glocknick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 20:13   #6
DEADLYACCURATE

Quote:
Originally Posted by glocknick View Post
it sure is a relief after you fire off the first few rounds you made isnt it. i was so nervous i was actually thinking of wearing a heavy glove just in case.
I know what you mean. On my first reloads I was so paranoid that I chambered a round, took out the mag, placed the gun on a post, and put a string on the trigger and yanked.
DEADLYACCURATE is offline   Reply With Quote