GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 01-14-2010, 17:26   #1
Sean K.

Anyone Have a .22LR Suppressor On Your AA Converted Glock?

I have a couple of Advantage Arms .22LR conversions for my G23 and G21.

I am contemplating getting a longer bbl for the 23 and having it threaded to go with a suppressor.

Does anyone have a conversion with a suppressor? How does it run and what brand suppressor are you using?

Thanks,
Sean <!-- / message --><!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: ad_showthread_firstpost_sig --><!-- END TEMPLATE: ad_showthread_firstpost_sig -->
Sean K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 00:38   #2
UZIFORME

I was buying extended barrels and threading them to take the Sig Mousquito adapter and it works well with AAC silencers as it should any silencer.

I got tired of not being able to get the kits so I stopped doing that.
UZIFORME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 11:35   #3
Sean K.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UZIFORME View Post
I was buying extended barrels and threading them to take the Sig Mousquito adapter and it works well with AAC silencers as it should any silencer.

I got tired of not being able to get the kits so I stopped doing that.
Since I have a fairly unreliable Sig Mosquito (with the threaded bbl).....that's exactly what I had planned as well: thread the longer bbl to the Sig thread pitch and get a can that would work with either the Sig or the AA conversion.

When you say you got tired of not being able to get the kits....did you mean not being able to get the AA conversions or the longer bbls?

Thanks,
Sean
Old 01-15-2010, 19:22   #4
wedgehead30

I had Tornado Tech thread the regular barrel of my Advantage Arms G19 upper. No need to get the longer barrel unless you want it. I run my Gemtech Outback II on it. It's still relatively new and I've been having some teething problems with it. The 22 upper runs great without the suppressor but I get FTF / light firing pin strikes with it on. From what I've read it just needs to break in. Time will tell....

Free Fire Zone
wedgehead30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 21:44   #5
UZIFORME

getting barrels did not seem to be a problem, goto AA website click to buy came in mail
Old 01-18-2010, 12:32   #6
Sean K.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wedgehead30 View Post
I had Tornado Tech thread the regular barrel of my Advantage Arms G19 upper. No need to get the longer barrel unless you want it. I run my Gemtech Outback II on it. It's still relatively new and I've been having some teething problems with it. The 22 upper runs great without the suppressor but I get FTF / light firing pin strikes with it on. From what I've read it just needs to break in. Time will tell....

Free Fire Zone
How is there enough thread to engage the suppressor on the standard length AA conversion bbl for the 19/23/32? Does that particular Gemtech have an 'extension' or something? I can't tell from you pic, but I can't see how there would be enough bbl to thread it for the suppressor.

Thanks for any info.

Sean
Old 01-18-2010, 12:33   #7
Sean K.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UZIFORME View Post
getting barrels did not seem to be a problem, goto AA website click to buy came in mail

Good to know. Thanks.

Sean
Old 01-18-2010, 15:34   #8
UZIFORME

There is not enough barrel they build an extension adapter.
Old 01-18-2010, 16:31   #9
RWBlue
CLM Number 120
Mr. CISSP, CISA

I have a G26 conversion and G21 conversion, both have a threaded barrel conversion done by SWR.

For those that don't have an AA conversion, the AA barrel is pensel thin. That barrel is threaded, and a longer adapter is added.

My systems run when clean. They have issues when I let them get dirty.
Old 01-19-2010, 20:51   #10
Sean K.

Okay, so I'm confused. If the shorter (Standard length) AA conversion bbl for the 19/23/32 is threaded on the outside diameter (obviously), will it still run okay without a suppressor and not allow the threads to hit the AA conversion slide?

Does anyone have pics of this set up with the AA stnd. length bbl, the adapter, and the suppressor all disconnected from one another? I'm not sure I'm understanding how this works.

Thanks,
Sean
Old 01-19-2010, 22:16   #11
RWBlue
CLM Number 120
Mr. CISSP, CISA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean K. View Post
Okay, so I'm confused. If the shorter (Standard length) AA conversion bbl for the 19/23/32 is threaded on the outside diameter (obviously), will it still run okay without a suppressor and not allow the threads to hit the AA conversion slide?
Yes it will run without the suppressor, but you will always have the thread adapter on the conversion.

So if you think you will stick a G26 in a G26 holster, think again.
Old 01-28-2010, 17:28   #12
Sean K.

So no one has any more detailed pics?

Thanks,
Sean