GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 01-30-2010, 20:21   #1
JCROWNII

Glock 39: Brought home from layaway! (Range Report)

Hello GT and BD's,

I recently just purchased a Glock 39 and had placed it on layaway. Now about 2 and a half weeks later, I finally brought it home. During the wait I prepared my self and bought a HighNoon Bare Asset IWB Holster, Speer Gold Dot 200gr .45 GAP, and a Pearce Mag extentsion PG-2733 (It does not add rounds to the 39). I also bought some range ammo too at the same time; I bought Winchester JHP 230gr (50rnds), and American Eagle 185gr (50rnds). The ammo and accesories all came before the G39 and when it was time, I went and picked my sweet baby up and brought her home this Thursday.

The following Friday night me and a friend of mine Hurricanes (Joel), went to a local range down here. I was going to take pictures at the range and also take some video with my Blackberry so I could have shown you guys the targets and how we did and how the G39 performed but UNFORTUNATELY, some guy that works at the range said "NO PEEKTURES" which translated to, NO PICTURES. So I turned around and me and my friend asked him why and he said he didnt know. I was like, OK. So I went back to shooting my new love. With that being said, I DO however have pictures of my Glock's that we took to the range because I took them both out. It is a Glock 22 and a Glock 39.

Range Report:

We started of shooting the G22 in .40 just to warm up because, I, for one, have never shot a .45, and the G39 is a Sub-Compact so I wanted to warm up a little (I love my G22); 2 my friend has not shot in a while and he has never shot a Sub-Compact. We shot off some rounds of .40 and the next thing you know rounds of .45 GAP were being loaded into the G39's mags, WE COULDN'T WAIT. After all it WAS the reason why we went shooting, to try out the GAP. I loaded 6 rounds of 200gr Speer Gold Dots and let er' rip. Good grouping to the chest area. I left the rest in the box for my carry ammo and went on to the 230gr Winchester JHP. They shot GREAT. all functioned flawlessly and I had amazing groupings. I noticed the recoil differences between .40 and .45 and it is a nice feeling. The .45 has a discticnt, pushy recoil that I gotta say, I like a little more. I shot very well with my G39, Pearce grip or not; I a had flush factory mag and one with a Perace grip mag extension. My friend shot considerably better with the extension but his hands are a little smaller and he has better over all control of the firearm wit the extension on but also did well with the flush mag. We went through that box and went on to the 185gr American Eagle FMJ. They we working well but had to jams near the end. I suspect some limp wristing was involved because after shooting a whole lot of .40 and then .45, our hands we kinda tired, NOT HURTING, I could of shot for days because that G39 is fun to shoot, but we don't know what happened, but it jammed twice. Seems kinda weird though, all the hollow points went through perfectly, usually they are the ones that give the problems. Anyway, I feel the G39 is an excellent weapon. It is Small, Powerful, Concealable, Carryable, and Accurate. I don't know what else anyone would want in a CCW. I have been carrying it ever since I got it and have went to several places and it carries very comfortably. I really like the Bare Asset holster I got for it, its cheap and does the job, it pretty much disappears under my shirt. Here are some pics of my new G39 solo in its holster and other things, well thanks for reading, you Glockers have anice day and safe shooting, because at our range, people shoot out lights and bullets fly back at you, we need to find another range!

The Bull Dawgs Club
The Bull Dawgs Club
The Bull Dawgs Club
The Bull Dawgs Club
Glock 22 .40 S&W, Glock 27 .40 S&W, BCM 14.5" Mid-Length AR15, Nighthawk Custom Remington 870
JCROWNII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 20:23   #2
JCROWNII

Here are also some pics of the Glock 22 and Glock 39 after they're clean up after the range trip the next day.

The Bull Dawgs Club
The Bull Dawgs Club
The Bull Dawgs Club
Glock 22 .40 S&W, Glock 27 .40 S&W, BCM 14.5" Mid-Length AR15, Nighthawk Custom Remington 870
Old 01-30-2010, 20:31   #3
Hurricanes

LMAO, your damn right that range is f'kn dangerous.
-Joel
Hurricanes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 21:43   #4
Front Sight
Front Sight

JCROWNII
The picture on top looks as if it is has a different mag extension from the others . If so what kind is it?
Thanks
SAF
BIG DAWG #821
Front Sight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 00:04   #5
Hurricanes

I assisted him in the installation of the grip, and if I remember its a Pearce +0. I actually handled the 39 alot better with the mag that had the pearce. Either I'm more comfortable with the extension, or its because I have never fired a sub-compact .45 till that day.
-Joel
Hurricanes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 01:31   #6
JCROWNII

Quote:
Originally Posted by Front Sight View Post
JCROWNII
The picture on top looks as if it is has a different mag extension from the others . If so what kind is it?
Thanks
It is a Pearce PG-2733 which was stated above in the original post.
Old 02-03-2010, 18:38   #7
nako69
Nako69

I am so admiring that gun! I am awating a call from my gun dealer for my G39 i think it wil be the ultimate carry gun.. I want some G37 10 round mags for backup and I want to get really good with the gun. Since you have gotten yours any pros/cons you can think of or is it all good? I think I will want a g38 also if this baby 39 is all i think it will be.
Bull Dawg #90
Glock 39 .45 G.A.P. "Baby Gap" also Glock 26, 30SF, 36
"IT'S BETTER TO BE JUDGED BY TWELVE THAN CARRIED BY SIX"
nako69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 06:36   #8
Scamp
Geaux Tigers!

Have you tried the GAP floorplates? I love 'em on the sub compacts.
Scamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 20:58   #9
JCROWNII

Quote:
Originally Posted by nako69 View Post
I am so admiring that gun! I am awating a call from my gun dealer for my G39 i think it wil be the ultimate carry gun.. I want some G37 10 round mags for backup and I want to get really good with the gun. Since you have gotten yours any pros/cons you can think of or is it all good? I think I will want a g38 also if this baby 39 is all i think it will be.
To be frank, I cant really think of any cons about the G39. Maybe the holster options are a little weird and not what your used to. Its not that there are not any holsters that fit it but more like what model Glock do you need to get it of for the G39 to fit. Im looking for an ankle holster for it and im hearing a 29/30 holster will fit. Thats about the only con I have, everything is pro IMO.
Old 02-04-2010, 21:01   #10
JCROWNII

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scamp View Post
Have you tried the GAP floorplates? I love 'em on the sub compacts.
I have heard of them and seen them as well but never tried or held one. I either carry with the PG-2733 or just flush factory base plates; I have no problem shooting the G39 with out any grip alterations.