GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 01-25-2010, 19:12   #1
mixflip

Woo Hoo, I finally bought a 930 SPX today!!!

After weeks of searching the internet and the local gun shops...I finally found a Mossberg 930 SPX on the shelf of a gun store! Everywhere I went previously told me they could special order it but it always seemed to come out to over $700 not including the $25 background check. FFL transfers were all $50 if I had one shipped and I didnt feel like waiting a week or 2 for it.

I didn't get a screaming deal but at $695 out the door, I was instantly gratified and satisfied. I probably could have gotten it cheaper without the pistol grip but I was gonna order it later anyways.

I cant wait to take it out this weekend and break it in!
Tactical Shotguns
mixflip is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 19:36   #2
Jon_R
Silver Membership

Enjoy it. Make sure the front sight post is straight. Some have that issue. Mossberg fixes them but can be a pain from what I have heard.

I have the 930 SPX with the regular stock and it feels very good in my hands. Well balanced nice and light. I am running a USPSA shotgun match on Sunday. Tempted to run it at that but I think I will stick with the 590 for this match. 12 slugs and 100 bird shot. Those slugs would be softer in a gas gun though. Looking forward to the match.
Jon_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 21:41   #3
mixflip

I heard about the sights. I tried my best to see if the sights were off center while at the gun store but I couldnt tell? They looked fine to me. I guess I will see when I sight in on something this week end? Hopefully crooked sights are rare.
Old 01-25-2010, 22:18   #4
jnumata

Again, great pick up. You'll enjoy it. I have the pistol grip too - feels great!
jnumata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 22:41   #5
gnepig
Remember

Awesome, lookin forward to a range review.
gnepig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 06:54   #6
frankr

Congratulations on your new purchase. Love mine but it did not come with the pistol grip stock. I also sent you a PM.
Old 01-26-2010, 19:37   #7
ronin.45

I think these are the best bargain in semi-auto tactical shotguns right now. Good choice.
Old 01-26-2010, 20:08   #8
metro273
Glock 19 Rocks!

SWEET! Congrats...
Old 01-27-2010, 15:49   #9
CTfam
DREAM BIG.

Very nice. I've been eyeballing these. My state doesn't allow pistol grips on semi auto shotguns

Liberals always have a way of raining on my parade.
Old 01-27-2010, 17:57   #10
Glockguy

You are correct they are not easy to find and I agree with ronin.45, these are great bang-for-the-buck weapons. They are also very reliable, extremely fast shooting, more accurate than most realize (the adjustable sights are a real plus!) and minimal in recoil. In my opinion . . . an awesome package. I hope you enjoy!
Old 01-27-2010, 20:17   #11
mixflip

After I bought it, I read that it won 2 shotgun of the year awards in 2009. The NRA's golden bullseye award and the The academy of shooting excellence's shotgun of the year.

Thats pretty cool to know.
Old 01-28-2010, 04:25   #12
mixflip

Doing some shopping. What shot shell side saddle would you guys go with and why? 6 or 8???
Tactical Shotguns
I normally carry my shells upside down for easier/smoother loading. Do you folks do that too? Have you ever had shells fall out? I shoot the snot out of my pump and never had shells drop out of my cheap ATI saddle setup.

Last edited by mixflip; 01-28-2010 at 04:27..
Old 01-28-2010, 10:07   #13
CZ guy

budsgunshop.com has them in stock for $631 delivered. Just FYI, that's the best I've seen other than trying to win a cheap bid on gunbroker.com
CZ guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 10:11   #14
leadispenser

I have a 930 and it is great. But the best deal out there may be the Tri Star semi. A local dealer has them for $269 + tax. I know a few people whjo bought them and they run flawlessly (made on beretta dies).

Last edited by leadispenser; 01-28-2010 at 10:12.. Reason: update
leadispenser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 10:24   #15
leadispenser

I found that a 6 shell carrier works best. There didnt seem to be sufficient room for an 8. Since one is not made for this SG, i used an 870 tac star and attached with industrial velcro.
Old 01-28-2010, 10:54   #16
CTfam
DREAM BIG.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixflip View Post
Doing some shopping. What shot shell side saddle would you guys go with and why? 6 or 8???
Tactical Shotguns
I normally carry my shells upside down for easier/smoother loading. Do you folks do that too? Have you ever had shells fall out? I shoot the snot out of my pump and never had shells drop out of my cheap ATI saddle setup.
I've never been comfortable with the reciever mounted shell carriers. Can't they bind up the action? I put them on the stock.

But yes, I carry the rounds primer down. I would shoot for the 8 shot if it will fit.
Old 01-28-2010, 13:01   #17
mixflip

Quote:
Originally Posted by CZ guy View Post
budsgunshop.com has them in stock for $631 delivered. Just FYI, that's the best I've seen other than trying to win a cheap bid on gunbroker.com
I know I could have gotten one for about $50 cheaper at buds but my local gun shop had one actually on the shelf and even gave me a 20% LEO discount which covered taxes and background check.

So I got to take it home immediately vs waiting for shipping and paid just a few bucks less than the actual sticker price since they gave me an LEO discount. I was ok with that.
Old 01-28-2010, 13:16   #18
rich52us

Send a message via Yahoo to rich52us
There's a favorable write-up in the Feb issue of "Guns & Weapons for Law Enforcement." They reviewed the standard stock model. I like pistol grips, but with the placement of the Mossy safety, the pistol grip can be a problem.
#3014 in the Big Dawg , Kel-Tec , Sub, HK & Black Rifle Clubs. .
rich52us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 13:30   #19
CZ guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixflip View Post
I know I could have gotten one for about $50 cheaper at buds but my local gun shop had one actually on the shelf and even gave me a 20% LEO discount which covered taxes and background check.

So I got to take it home immediately vs waiting for shipping and paid just a few bucks less than the actual sticker price since they gave me an LEO discount. I was ok with that.
Great LEO discount. Didn't mean to make sound like you didn't get a good deal, just wanted to let other interested parties know where they have them in stock for a good price.

Enjoy it, I hope to have one soon, also!
CZ guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 18:05   #20
mixflip

Ok I just got my Choate jumbo bolt handle in the mail today! Cant wait to go shooting tomorrow!!!

Tactical Shotguns

Tactical Shotguns

Tactical Shotguns

It doesnt cut into my flesh at all like the tiny stock handle did. I love it even though its freakishly huge! It works for me.