Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 01-30-2010, 21:17   #1
shoots2much

Sig value

I have in a Sig 229 in 40S&S with 4 mags 425 rounds of ball ammo and 125 rounds of hollow points it is two tone the barrel and the frame have matching sn#'s the previous owner told me he sent it back to Sig for an extractor problem and the slide was replaced by Sig as matter of "customer service" Has anyone out there heard about this? The pistol is accurate as can be.
I have a friend how want it and I could use the $$ for a S&W AR that CDNN has for $775.00 what is it worth I got it in a multi-gun swap buy He has offered 800.00 fair? was I fed a line of about Sig Crap About Sig not re-numbering the slide as it is not considered a weapon only the frame thanks Karl

Last edited by shoots2much; 01-30-2010 at 21:19.. Reason: wording
shoots2much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 21:55   #2
redstar
Live to shoot

Sig will, from time to time replace a slide, however as far as I know they never re-serial number a slide. Also, Sig no longer puts serial numbers on any slide or barrel that I know of. I currently have a a 220, 225, 226, 228 and 229, and the only models with the "trifecta" (same number on barrel, slide , and frame) are older, and made in either Germany or the former West Germany. This is still the case, as my brand new 228 has the the 3 numbers.
Sig replaces the slide when there are "significant" problems with the internal workings, as the new slides are milled stainless steel. The old stamped steel slides (made in Germany) had a breech block, which was held in place by punch pins, and thereby able to be replaced.
As far as value is concerned, NRA grade 90-95 Sig 229's typically go between 550-625 with 2 magazines. Auction settings get less, and retail typically get more.
The 2 additional mags add between 30 and 70 of value depending on where they were made (italy, Germany, or USA) and wether they are market LEO. I would say 70 for german made LEO stamped with Sig Sauer logo on side, and 30 for USA made. Plus or minus $10 depending on use, wear, and spring life.
redstar is offline   Reply With Quote